closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Apprentice
    And again thanks for the welcome. Please don't mind my frame of mind, sometimes I get so excited especially when it comes to timepieces that I become attracted to. I know that this site will be a site that I enjoy a whole lot. Just bear with my over exuberance along with my run on sentences, I was never the best in grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    MilSpec60 I think you get it. I have the b version and find I do appreciate what it is and represents. As such I enjoy wearing it and it does mean more in my small collection than other more expensive watches that as you say can be bought easily with a click of a button.
    Two that have my interest now are this re-issue with the white dial and the Everest, not a military watch granted but a classic and timeless design none the less.

Once more, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MilSpec60 View Post
    I really need to know. There are so many specs going back and forth. What case size will this be? What lug width will it be? and will I be notified by the Time factors website when it becomes available? If not how will I be made aware of it's offering? Ohhh, Is there a price as of yet? I promised myself not to mess up on this that I will with hope be one of the 300 to acquire one of these gorgeous examples of a timepiece. This is one fine looking timepiece. I'm still trying to figure out who Eddie is, I mean I know he is the one who is orchestrating the manufacture of this timepiece but I cannot find any history of who he is. If you're out there Eddie hello. And yes, the drilled lugs are a big plus. I like to alternate from Nato straps to leather so I won't become bored with my timepieces.
    Best way to keep up with a watch launch is to check here as Eddie will let us know, he also might send out an email to his TF list (this often happens around a big watch launch)

https://www.timefactors.com/subscribe.htm

– As for the picture above you asked about that is a 29A. The main difference you can spot in a photo is the hands are a different shape on the watches (apart from when some A hands went into a few B's if I remember correctly)

Here is a pic of my B - 6.75" wrist if that helps.

Lugs a little long but just fits! I wear different watches every week, but always change into my B in the office everyday. Comfy, solid but not heavy, anti mag is great – perfect for me at my Wacom. So it is I guess by far my most worn watch but rarely sees the light of day (I work in light controlled space!)

Hope that helps!

Apprentice
    You are asking if that helps? WoW, you did more than you should have. Thank you very much, indeed. Your wrist shot is perfect for helping me decide. I think that I will stick to the "B", it is better if I keep it that way. Other than my Seiko Divers I only wear 40 mm unless it is something such as wearing a 39 mm which in this case, (no pun), which in this case I should be so lucky to get my hands on the "B". I could go down to a 38 mm but that would be my limit and really my comfort zone is 40 mm to 39 mm for anything other than a diver.

Hey, I might have some good news. I was going through the site early morning when I noticed that some timepieces are listed as "Out of stock, Discontinued" where the PRS-29b that I like so much only says "Out of stock". So does this mean that there will be possibly another run somewhere down the line? I really hope so.

Again thanks for the help. I figure if I'm going to play the game I might as well know which one is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Best way to keep up with a watch launch is to check here as Eddie will let us know, he also might send out an email to his TF list (this often happens around a big watch launch)

https://www.timefactors.com/subscribe.htm

– As for the picture above you asked about that is a 29A. The main difference you can spot in a photo is the hands are a different shape on the watches (apart from when some A hands went into a few B's if I remember correctly)

Here is a pic of my B - 6.75" wrist if that helps.

Lugs a little long but just fits! I wear different watches every week, but always change into my B in the office everyday. Comfy, solid but not heavy, anti mag is great – perfect for me at my Wacom. So it is I guess by far my most worn watch but rarely sees the light of day (I work in light controlled space!)

Hope that helps!

Apprentice
    I just subscribed to receive notifications for offered timepieces, even though I did several days ago, and low and behold I now know who Eddie is. I feel so embarrassed but I now know who you are Eddie. It is a pleasure Sir. Just bear with me I have so much to learn, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by MilSpec60 View Post
    I really need to know. There are so many specs going back and forth. What case size will this be? What lug width will it be? and will I be notified by the Time factors website when it becomes available? If not how will I be made aware of it's offering? Ohhh, Is there a price as of yet? I promised myself not to mess up on this that I will with hope be one of the 300 to acquire one of these gorgeous examples of a timepiece. This is one fine looking timepiece. I'm still trying to figure out who Eddie is, I mean I know he is the one who is orchestrating the manufacture of this timepiece but I cannot find any history of who he is. If you're out there Eddie hello. And yes, the drilled lugs are a big plus. I like to alternate from Nato straps to leather so I won't become bored with my timepieces.

Craftsman
    Betcha feel glad you were saying nice things hey?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I got back from my Spanish road trip yesterday.
    first thing I did was wind my Smiths put it on then made an egg banjo and a cuppa,bliss.

Master
    Am I right that there will be no more ' old style ' Prs 29a ?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I got back from my Spanish road trip yesterday.
    first thing I did was wind my Smiths put it on then made an egg banjo and a cuppa,bliss.

Totally understand. Whether it’s an A or a B, there’s just something about the simplicity and lightness (29A especially) of this watch. My 29A is what I’ll usually wear regardless of what watch phase I’m going through. I feel at home when I’m wearing it.

Apprentice
    I always say nice things, at least most of the time. LoL

Betcha feel glad you were saying nice things hey?
    Last edited by MilSpec60; 2nd October 2018 at 08:49.

I should have them next week and they will be available to order on 16 October, assuming they've been manufactured to spec.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries

Prs-29a out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I should have them next week and they will be available to order on 16 October, assuming they've been manufactured to spec.

Eddie
    Is this both styles 29a and c ?

I can only imagine the dissatisfaction if you take receipt of them next week and they are not to spec (I truly hope not).
    How could they possibly manufacture a whole order wrongly ? I know accidents happen but you are pretty much past the drawing board stage . Had this happened before Eddie ?

You can see a few on here hoping the accident is on the lug width (ha ha up a few mm or down )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 28th September 2018 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Is this both styles 29a and c ?

I can only imagine the dissatisfaction if you take receipt of them next week and they are not to spec (I truly hope not).
    How could they possibly manufacture a whole order wrongly ? I know accidents happen but you are pretty much past the drawing board stage . Had this happened before Eddie ?

You can see a few on here hoping the accident is on the lug width (ha ha up a few mm or down )

I had the wrong dials fitted to two models, a spelling error in the casback engraving, a dial completely the wrong colour and in the early days, a mineral crystal fitted instead of a sapphire. All got made good before sale but it's a huge disappointment and a lot of messing about.

I'll get both the black and the white dial (and hope it's not a black & white dial).

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries

Prs-29a out of stock.

Oh dear , I’m sorry I asked now to take you back down that misfortunate memory lane - what a debacle . I think I do recall some of those incidents from past threads ....Hopefully all will be well come next week!

Eddie
    Marked on calendar and the countdown can finally begin. Good luck with both models Eddie (not that you'll need it, they will fly out the door)

I'll get both the black and the white dial (and hope it's not a black & white dial).

Eddie
    Hope you're feeling fit. You're going to be swamped come mid October!

I had the wrong dials fitted to two models, a spelling error in the casback engraving, a dial completely the wrong colour and in the early days, a mineral crystal fitted instead of a sapphire. All got made good before sale but it's a huge disappointment and a lot of messing about.

Eddie
    At least if that happens it'll keep the lads up here in the Toon Army happy! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman

Eddie
    Any early notification of expected price Eddie? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Eddie

If one of the old ones morphs in, can I buy it please ]:)

Eddie

Will the new batch will include also the PRS29-B in 39 mm ?

Thanks

Craftsman
    From what I recall in the thread it will not include the 39mm. Slap me if I am wrong.

Am looking forward to the 16th.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Will the new batch will include also the PRS29-B in 39 mm ?

Thanks
    From what I recall in the thread it will not include the 39mm................... Am looking forward to the 16th.

I think what Carl.1 is referring to is at post #28 earlier in this thread

To be honest, I've been personally hoping that the new soon-to-arrive sapphire crystalled & springbarred version of the PRS-29A(C?), which I'm sure many here are going to easily love, would be meant only as a replacement for the previous up-dated & up-sized 29B, BUT NOT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR BOTH IT AND the also recently out-of-stocked original 29A that was made by RK to full-on and genuinely improved vintage military purpose-built technological specifications, and which is, or was, a watch truly unique on the world's watch market.

I'll be upfront that I absolutely love that older version of the TF Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A and I do very much hope that it someday comes back again spec'ed exactly as before even down to a full interchangeability of parts with the Roland Kemmner manufactured originals.

With that said and out of the way, those of you who have been hoping for more of the larger 39mm 29B models might still take a very close look at the new re-spec'ed 36mm 29 shortly to arrive because I'm thinking that you might just find you like it a lot as well. The reasons I say that are you will still have the sapphire and springbars you probably wanted with the “B”, and if these new 29s are still to retain the homaged Smiths GS 4701 W10's characteristic supermodel long legs (i.e. lugs), you might be very surprised to find that these aesthetically very special long and slim watches fit larger wrists far better than any other 36mm watch you might have ever tried.

Despite my own (as in PURIST, I guess) deep viscerally-felt aversion to the modern type technological revisions, I think that these new 29s are going to be absolutely beautiful on the wrist, and maybe especially the new lumeless “Air Ministry” ivory/white dial one on the way [---- if that latter had the old 29A's vintage military techno-specs, I'd want to go for it in-a-shot, too]
    Last edited by Rollon; 1st October 2018 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    I think what Carl.1 is referring to is at post #28 earlier in this thread

To be honest, I've been personally hoping that the new soon-to-arrive sapphire crystalled & springbarred version of the PRS-29A(C?), which I'm sure many here are going to easily love, would be meant only as a replacement for the previous up-dated & up-sized 29B, BUT NOT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR BOTH IT AND the also recently out-of-stocked original 29A made by RK to full-on and genuinely improved vintage military purpose-built technological specifications, which is, or was, a watch truly unique on the world's watch market.

I'll be upfront that I absolutely love that older version of the TF Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A and I do very much hope that it someday comes back again spec'ed exactly as before even down to a full interchangeability of parts with the Roland Kemmner manufactured originals.

With that said and out of the way, those of you who have been hoping for more of the larger 39mm 29B models might still take a very close look at the new re-spec'ed 36mm 29 shortly to arrive because I'm thinking that you might just find you like it a lot as well. The reasons I say that are you will still have the sapphire and springbars you probably wanted with the “B”, and if these new 29s are still to retain the homaged Smiths GS 4701 W10's characteristic supermodel long legs (i.e. lugs), you might be very surprised to find that these aesthetically very special long and slim watches fit larger wrists far better than any other 36mm watch you might have ever tried.

Despite my own (as in PURIST, I guess) deep viscerally-felt aversion to the modern type technological revisions, I think that these new 29s are going to be absolutely beautiful on the wrist, and maybe especially the new lumeless “Air Ministry” ivory/white dial one on the way [---- if that latter had the old 29A's vintage military techno-specs, I'd want to go for it in-a-shot, too]

Thans a lot, very helpful !

Eddie

Dear Eddie, please can you post pics of the "new" PRS-29a once you will receive them ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Eagerness......!!!

I've received them.

Eddie

Pictures ?

Thanks Eddie !

I've received them.

Eddie

We need a follow up to that post!!

I've received them.

Eddie
    Without the (photographic) evidence, that is plain cruelty.........
    Plenty of daylight remaining though................
    Dave

I don't think he has them at all - he's just a tease.(reverse psychology in full flow:-))

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm doing a VAT return today, clearing the decks before taking pictures and updating the website.

Eddie

We wait... Mr. P is handing out some torture today!!

- - - Updated - - -

Give us a hint... are you happy with them??!

Don't tell them anything - it will only spoil the surprise

You should see the white dial version, it's beautiful.

Eddie

Apprentice

Eddie
    Now that's how you do a tease! ;)

Eddie
    Thats just plain rude

Blog Entries

Eddie
    I don’t think I’ve heard you talk this way about any watch you have produced yet

Like I said previously - he's a tease and shameless with it!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I'm doing a VAT return today, clearing the decks before taking pictures and updating the website.

Eddie
    I think you have this the wrong way round. Sod the VAT - it can wait, we can't!

Eddie
    PMSL

Journeyman

Eddie
    Cheeky question Eddie - what time will they be available to order from on the 16th? Setting my alarm...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    Cheeky question Eddie - what time will they be available to order from on the 16th? Setting my alarm...
    14:00!

Craftsman
    As a newbie, I've been following this.. and even I'm excited to seeing these...might even set MY alarm. Roll on the 16th!!

Buy one, and then don’t sell it like pillock here did his original 29a!

I’ve seen one or two up for very strong money, but hopefully this tranche of 29s will calm prices down.

Eddie

Eddie
    You weren't wrong. That's a beauty.

That's rather pretty.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Very nice. Would like to add one of these to the collection if the price allows...

Blog Entries

Prs-29a out of stock.

Wow - glad I held out on other stuff , I love it.
    Hell yes ! All we need now is the ‘a’ picture !!

Thanks for posting that pic Eddie and congratulations on a beautiful watch .

Last edited by bond; 5th October 2018 at 11:55.

Thats lovely. It wouldnt look out of place on a bracelet either..

Master
    Blog Entries

Eddie
    Oh my,that’s just glorious.