closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I wear all my watches for a while when they're launched and then when there's a bit of a lean spell of new models, I wear them in rotation. I'm currently wearing the PRS-45, how many of you are?

Eddie
    Since nobody else is asking this, I will: Out of pure curiosity, would you be able to say what your favourite is of all your TF creations so far?

Or, would it be like having many children, with not one you can name your favourite, because the rest would only suffer the worse for it?

Also, it took a bit before I realized that second part of your post might be a trick question, and I guess so, because apparently nobody out here can wear one because you're the only one who has one to wear

Bracelet and lume shots.

Eddie
    So I win one, right?

Yeah, right.

Seikopath should maybe get a free one, though, for thinking up the name for it >>>---------> " AEROTIMER" (that's pretty good)

It's the PRS-45 but it doesn't have a name, does it need one?

Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    It will end up with one somehow, these things are inevitable
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Has 'aerotimer' been taken?
    That wins it for me and it's not registered. Too late to get it on the dial though, they've already been printed.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    So out of interest, who here is going to wear these as the original was intended
    Mine will be worn in the field, or on the hill, or wherever it is that I'm walking and bivvying. It seems to like to be on my wrist. It's been gaining about a second a day since I collected it on Thursday. I didn't wear it yesterday, and it gained eight.

So, unless I'm diving, the AM will be my go-to watch.

Today PRS-29 on a new custom hand-made grey suede strap ...

I'm picking mine up from the PO today. The 36mm is not my sweet spot by any means, but I know how big 36mm is and wouldn't dream of returning it for that reason alone.

I've picked up a brown ostritch strap for it. I'll post a pic or two when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by rodan View Post
    I worked in retail for a few years when I was a student. It seemed to me that the customer was in fact usually wrong. I am thankful every day that I rarely have to deal with the general public in my career now, I don’t have the patience for it.
    I spent a decade working in retail and generally found customers an absolute delight, a more reliable source of pleasure than colleagues, too many of whom were doing the job purely out of desperation. Those who disliked the customers, those who disliked serving them, tended to be the same as those disliked by the rest of the staff, as spending ten hours in the presence of aggrieved bitterness is hard.

What a lovely looking watch! The dial is so legible.

As I mentioned earlier, I bought a brown ostritch strap specifically for this and swapped it straight out.

I think this will be on the wrist for the coming weeks.

Well done Eddie. A great result.

Apprentice

Prs-29a out of stock.

Is it Tuesday yet?

BTW. Is the online store opening at 00:00 or 07:00 on Tuesday?

Thanks!
    Last edited by leafy; 29th October 2018 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by leafy View Post
    Is it Tuesday yet?

BTW. Is the online store opening at 00:00 or 07:00 on Tuesday?

Thanks!
    0730 UK time I believe - however its probably worth trying to log in before this as I think that some were able to do so the say that the 29a/29AM went on sale

Best to order asap I think!

Good luck.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Today PRS-29 on a new custom hand-made grey suede strap ...

Very nice. May I ask who made your strap, please?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Very nice. May I ask who made your strap, please?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes of course, I made it (plus another strap in dark brown suede ...) by Alta Marea straps (www.altamareastraps.it), an italian straps maker.

Apprentice
    Speaking of straps, who makes a decent 18mm canvas strap? Something like the army green strap on the Hamilton Field Khaki.

Only ones I’ve found that go down that width are on Etsy.
    Last edited by leafy; 30th October 2018 at 05:16.

I wear all my watches for a while when they're launched and then when there's a bit of a lean spell of new models, I wear them in rotation. I'm currently wearing the PRS-45, how many of you are?

Eddie
    That's just cruel
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Being the boss has it's pay back

Sent from my PH-1 using some kind of voodoo

Speaking of straps, who makes a decent 18mm canvas strap? Something like the army green strap on the Hamilton Field Khaki.

Cheapestnatostraps does one that looks okay. Havent tried it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Got my order for a 29a in!

I might have visited the site this morning...

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    I think I just bought a 29a !

Finally got my 29AM in... luckily I thought to check the store was open nice and early!!

If you don’t mind an RAF style strap, the new Haveston canvas are comfortable and a nice match for the PRS29A and come in 18mm. Here’s mine on the military green:

Master

If you mean by "canvas", actual cotton canvas, I don't personally know, except that Redcoat's one-piece style recommendation in the post just prior looks great to me.

If you might mean canvas weave type nylon two-piece straps, though, you might try here -------> https://www.miros-time.de/zweiteiler/ .

They list a variety of colours, solid and striped, in 18mm, and in two styles, "NATO Split" > https://www.miros-time.de/zweiteiler/nato-split/ , and in "HC NATO Split" > https://www.miros-time.de/zweiteiler/hc-nato-split/ .

I've never personally ordered from Miros yet, but, IIRC, other members here have and recommended them as being good. You might need translation from German, though.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    If you don’t mind an RAF style strap, the new Haveston canvas are comfortable and a nice match for the PRS29A and come in 18mm. Here’s mine on the military green:

Thanks Redcoat! Those Haveston straps are very nice! I think I may need to order a pair of those.

Whoever has watch 051/18, can you check your waranty card please as you may have mine (052/18).

Happy to do a postal swap.

Thanks,

JK

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    If you mean by "canvas", actual cotton canvas, I don't personally know, except that Redcoat's one-piece style recommendation in the post just prior looks great to me.
    I have a couple of Haveston Natos (not the canvas) and the materials and workmanship are top quality. They also have the advantage of a sliding keeper, so no bulky tail tuck in. The lugs of this watch obviously allow such a thick strap to fit (1.5mm), I doubt I'd get one on my Damasko DA37.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I have a couple of Haveston Natos (not the canvas) and the materials and workmanship are top quality. They also have the advantage of a sliding keeper, so no bulky tail tuck in. The lugs of this watch obviously allow such a thick strap to fit (1.5mm), I doubt I'd get one on my Damasko DA37.

http://haveston.com/corp-canvas-strap-series.html These Canvas Series ones do look nice and RedCoat's is apparently the M-1944C in the same or very similar WWII-era U.S. "O.D." having an almost blackish hue to my eye (looks great), and which there was once tons of over here (for sandlot and school yard "football" players on each side of the Atlantic, I always thought of it at the time as exactly the same color/colour as aged grass stains on my lighter shaded pants and shirts). Just as you mention on the !.5mm thickness, though, I can see how that would affect a lot of watches if it affects your Damasko 37 and so the semi-helmet G10s (I have a CWC) and TF Precista PRS-10s (I still want one of the first versions), as well as other shorter and/or close-quarter enclosed lug types might run into problems, but, exactly as you state, never the beautifully long-lugged 29s.

http://haveston.com/parade-strap-series.html These Haveston NATO hybrids which I'm thinking you might specifically have and recommend are very nice too, and I was surprised to find are only the 1.2mm in thickness most good NATOs are, but still appear to be of the premium "seat belt" type which I always heretofore thought were a bit thicker at 1.4mm+ by necessity to achieve that quality of weave.

http://haveston.com/service-strap-series.html Even their type A-2 Haveston NATO/RAFs are still only 1.3mm thick, while the two heavier weave "Original Layout" Service Series straps at the bottom of the scroll are back up to 1.5mm thick

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    I can see how that would affect a lot of watches if it affects your Damasko 37
    My DA37 is from 2006, and the strap clearance is slightly less than my DC56, which is a couple of years younger. I believe this is why anyone buying a bracelet for a Damasko was asked to send the watch in, presumably to have the end links fitted to the individual watch. The Havestons I have are a Fortress (1.5mm) and a Carrier (1.3mm). The springbars in the DC37 measure at 1.78mm and the Carrier just squeezes in, so a Parade at 1.2mm should be ok, although I'll try and find some 1.5mm thick bars and fit them as well. I'm waiting for the new colours of Parade and Canvas before buying from Haveston again. They are currently looking into some printed canvas, although I don't know what form that will take, and also there will be "early war khaki" and "naval grey" canvas. The colours in waiting for the Parade are grey and military olive drab. Don't hold your breath though, things don't seem to happen quickly with Haveston, but that's good to me as they don't rush things and get the product right.
    F.T.F.A.

I need to get a nice leather strap for the Air Ministry. I was in a rush this morning so swapped the NATO for the clip-on strap supplied with my PRS-29A. Does the job for now!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

The AM is a lovely thing but I end up going to the 29a when I open the watch box in the morning.

Master
    It does work well on leather

There is something perfect about the inky black dial on the 29A. I like simple watches like this and looking over my collection, I seem to have a thing for domed crystals.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post

nice shot, nice strap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The AM is a lovely thing but I end up going to the 29a when I open the watch box in the morning
    Has he PMed you yet?

I had an AM in the basket on the morning of release day, finger twitching over the buy button. For once common sense prevailed, because of . . .

F.T.F.A.

What is this common sense you speak of ?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Has he PMed you yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Has he PMed you yet?
    Not yet grasshopper
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

That is a nice strap, wonder if they do a longer version?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    Cheapestnatostraps does one that looks okay. Havent tried it though

I bought leather (this is the Khaki classic) and canvas (grey) 18mm from CheapestNatoStraps for my PRS-29a. Pics attached. I'm not loving the color of the grey - it's too warm. Will probably look for something else. I do like the way the Khaki leather turned out, though.

Also got some 18mm natos at the same time, but they're just like any other mid-range Nato that's under $10. Great if you want to pad up your order for free shipping, but certainly not the same quality as the one Eddie supplies, or Haveston, Blushark, etc.

I quite like the AM on this Hirsch croc strap

Master
    Okay, I know it isn't one of the new ones but I was very happy to take delivery of this little beauty on Monday:

on Flickr

Can't say I liked the look of it with the bracelet on so I switched it for the black Nato which was in the box. I feel it looks much better:

on Flickr

I might treat myself to a nice brown leather Nato in the near future

It's keeping good time, losing about 10 seconds a day. It is pretty tidy with a couple of dinks on the case but nothing serious and the crystal is very clean. Not bad for a six year old watch.

It is my first mechanical and first one of Eddie's and I love it. For some reason it is the white second hand that makes it for me.

Now all I need to do is have a look down the back of the sofa to see if I have enough for an AM, or maybe an Everest. Or maybe the PRS-40. These lovely watches just keep coming.

Master
    Blog Entries

That’s the best strap yet it looks perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I quite like the AM on this Hirsch croc strap

Nice combination on brown alligator strap !

Prs-29a out of stock.

This one arrived for the WE. With an excellent double watch box too. I only had this strap to fit, waiting to hear more from the brown leather (Coots’ I believe) as it fits it perfectly.

Thank you Eddie

Master
    Mine was from Watchgecko here

I do have a few JPM Vintage from here but at 20mm they just wont squeeze in :(

Thank you very much.

I just picked up a Darlena pigskin strap for my 29AM but youll have to wait for a wristshot as its all packed away till xmas.

Im busy modifying a Bonklip clone ill be alternating the pigskin with. Basically grinding the endpieces to about 17mm and then fitting an inner sleeve to the clip part thats 18mm and made of nylon, that the springbar will go through. Made of a biro ink tube as suggested earlier.

Im so looking forward to christmas. Im still enjoying my speedbird3 as my main daily watch choice, but for some strange reason it suddenly it seems about 3mm too big... ;c)
    Cheers!
    Rich

I have a couple of Barton canvas straps (mine are 20mm and 22mm) and I've been pleased with them. They are available in 18mm, inexpensive and comfortable.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/col...se-watch-bands

Apprentice

Prs-29a out of stock.

'Reasonably-sized' watches.

The Omega measures 36.6mm 12-6

Both have the same crystal diameter.

The 29a is a keeper.

Would have been nice if the Haveston Invasion strap came on an 18mm.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by leafy; 3rd November 2018 at 07:52.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    .................. and also there will be "early war khaki" and "naval grey" canvas. ....................................
    I think both of these apparently newest versions in the Corp. Canvas Series are now currently available, and apparently in each variation as to size and hardware finish

http://haveston.com/hav918c.html

http://haveston.com/hav942c.html

http://haveston.com/havlss-copy.html

Apparently the "ForeCastle" naval grey color was also used for U.S. Navy standard commissioned officer work uniform from 1943 because it was deemed better than the light tan khaki for working around heavy equipment, machinery, weaponry, and even the early analog fire control computers on the ships by that time.

Perhaps based on experiences during the heavy surface warfare in the first months and years of the Pacific War, the color was also apparently considered more appropriate at the command level for making officers less conspicuous to address concern that Japanese aviators would focus their strafing fire on the light khaki clad officers who stood out against the grey super structures of the ships and could also be more easily differentiated from the enlisted ranks as priority targets.

However, the color was apparently reverted to only being an optional alternative to the light khaki officer's work uniform fairly shortly after its initiation and was completely phased out even as an option by 1948.
    Last edited by Rollon; 3rd November 2018 at 10:23.

Blog Entries
    Evening all , smaller than what I’m used to but perfectly executed . Lovely watch .

Top man Eddie , thanks !

Thanks Eddie, great watch and strap combo, just the right shade of tan I think ...