timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 305

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

  1. #251
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,515
    Yep, nice that. If all the stars align, my next purchase.

    Lovely!

  2. #252
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    354
    WOW,OMG that is lovely.What are the specs? is this 36mm with 18 or 20mm lugs?

  3. #253
    Looks fantastic!!! Camping on the website now....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #254
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK (55.746,12.587)
    Posts
    3,323
    Gorgeous! Bravo

    Gert

  5. #255
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    4,690
    That is a stunner.

  6. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Starting assembly



    Eddie
    Exciting times


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #257
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post



    Eddie
    This is EXACTLY what I had hoped for... smashed it, Eddie!

  8. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I had hoped for... smashed it, Eddie!

  9. #259
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Back in the UK
    Posts
    2,130
    Well there's my dress watch conumdrun sorted. Very nice indeed.

  10. #260
    Craftsman Geralt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    941
    Well, that looks superb. Love the long hour hand - and a nice long tail on the seconds hand to boot. Can't wait.

  11. #261

    A classic...

    This is perfect Eddie. Remind me, who are Longines? ;)

  12. #262
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    345
    Fantastic job, patron. Thatís my Xmas pressie sorted.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #263
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309
    Nailed it.

    Lovely wifey says it is really nice, a classic and gives me permission to buy!

    I shall now check in daily.


    Nicely done.

  14. #264
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    4,690
    How many of these coming Eddie, it may not be enough!

  15. #265
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3

    Inky black

    Really looking forward to the pics of the 29a...I have been lurking for a while now and love the look of it. Can owners of previous editions tell me if the dial is as inky black as it looks in photos?..I have owned quite a few dive watches with 'black' dials and they nearly always are very dark grey rather than black. I have been sniffing round the Hammy Khaki 38 auto, but lack of AR putting me off and not dark enough black. The 29a looks the perfect size field watch, non-fussy dial layout and has had brilliant reviews in earlier editions. Come on Eddie, show us some teaser photos!

  16. #266
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    I want both !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #267
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie
    Impeccable dial. So legible, so vintage.

  18. #268
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wonder what strap options we are looking at for the RAF watch ? Obviously NATO will come as standard but will it be the usual admiralty grey or possibly some leather ??




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #269
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    929
    Are the strap bars fixed? I would love a vintage distressed leather on this

  20. #270
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Are the strap bars fixed? I would love a vintage distressed leather on this
    Clearly drilled

    Multiple strap options ahoy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #271
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,199
    I like that very much indeed, definitely one of those on the cards for me.
    Classicly understated and very nicely specified.
    Great stuff
    Last edited by sweets; 14th September 2018 at 16:38.

  22. #272
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,452
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Multiple strap options ahoy
    Would look good on a Hirsch Osiris calf leather strap in mid brown I think.

  23. #273
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by guykirkwood View Post
    This is perfect Eddie. Remind me, who are Longines? ;)

    The ones who failed to stick a manual movement in a classic reinterpretation.


    Whoppers !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #274
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6
    Eddie, is this really 20mm lug-width? It looks more like 18mm. Hopefully it's just due to the angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie

  25. #275
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,404
    Quote Originally Posted by derb.... View Post
    Eddie, is this really 20mm lug-width? It looks more like 18mm. Hopefully it's just due to the angle.
    It should be 18mm but I haven't handled it yet.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  26. #276
    I thought it was supposed to be 20mm on the new model?

    I will be what it will be, but I was hoping for 20mm.

  27. #277
    This is going to sell out very quickly. Superb!

    Eddie, out of interest, are the hands thermally or chemically blued?

  28. #278
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    1,148
    Thatís lovely,a sure fire winner.

    18mm is a much better balance,the dials a peach.

  29. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    That’s lovely,a sure fire winner.

    18mm is a much better balance,the dials a peach.
    That is not true, to my eyes anyways. It may be to the original specification, but it is unbalanced.
    The long lugs, on the 29A and the similar sized Nomos Club 36mm, look out of proportion to the dial.
    A 20mm width tones down the long lugs to the eye.
    The perfect example of which, the 20mm width on the Rolex explorer or datejust- 36mm diameter case, 20mm gap between lugs, the lugs of which are shorter than the 29A and still looks perfectly balanced.

    Just my point of view of course.
    Last edited by nickyboyo; 14th September 2018 at 23:29.

  30. #280
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    1,148
    Not when you put a strap on it,then it looks wrong.

  31. #281
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Not when you put a strap on it,then it looks wrong.

    It looks better with nothing ? Or a nato .. or dare I say a bracelet ? Whatís wrong with a strap ha I donít follow !?!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #282
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,452
    I think that it will look absolutely fine on a 20mm strap.

  33. #283
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Staffordshire
    Posts
    616
    Wow, that looks really good Eddie.
    Congratulations

  34. #284
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1
    Oh i was checking this thread every week for an update, the 18mm lug size is a killer for me :(

  35. #285
    Really nice looking vintage pieces, other priorities for me atm otherwise it would be a watch I would buy.

  36. #286
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Prs-29a out of stock.

    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    It's the latter, the caseback still says Precista.

    Eddie


    Did they change the movement though aswell?


    (Iíve consequently found out they did so question answered - thanks Eddie . )


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 18th September 2018 at 09:01. Reason: Amended

  37. #287
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Any possible chance you could post any teasers of the 29a yet please Eddie?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #288
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10

    PRS-29 Next production date?

    Hello everyone, this will be my 1st post. So please bear with me as to feeling comfortable posting. Thank you.

    I have several questions. First I really like the 39 mm PRS-29, In my opinion it is everything that the "Big Boys" should consider when producing a military field watch.

    My question being how much will this cost in US dollars and will it have another run? If so does anybody know when the run might be?

    Also there was a gent who is having a custom dial and custom hands created for this watch, if possible might someone chime in as to where I can get these 2 items.

    Again it is good to be a member of this community and thank you all for your help.

  39. #289
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by MilSpec60 View Post
    Hello everyone, this will be my 1st post. So please bear with me as to feeling comfortable posting. Thank you.

    I have several questions. First I really like the 39 mm PRS-29, In my opinion it is everything that the "Big Boys" should consider when producing a military field watch.

    My question being how much will this cost in US dollars and will it have another run? If so does anybody know when the run might be?

    Also there was a gent who is having a custom dial and custom hands created for this watch, if possible might someone chime in as to where I can get these 2 items.

    Again it is good to be a member of this community and thank you all for your help.
    Hello MilSpec60, welcome in. Lots of stuff here that is great to read.

    I think though you missed the detail in the thread! The watch discussed here is a further issue of the PRS 29a, not the b. So we are looking at the 36mm version not the 39.
    I believe that at this time there is no intention for another run of the 39, previous entries in the thread detail this some-where.
    And lastly....CUSTOM DIAL, good gods man what are you thinking.... A travesty to cut one of these !! Get an SKX and do that or another case, but not a Smiths.

    Any how's, welcome in. :)

  40. #290
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Prs-29a out of stock.

    Hi milspec60 and welcome .
    I ageee ☝️ with the above post . DONT for the love of god bastardize the prs 29. Itís meant to be as it is . Of course itís your watch do as you please if you get one but as a homage piece of horological and military history it would be a shame in my view.

    I think there are many other watches to use and choose from for modding . If itís the case shape that appeals to you source one that is similar with those curved lugs . I think people who buy a smiths military are buying it FOR that dial , for that heritage and period, the Def Stan requirements etc . Itís like buying an Aston Martin db6 from the company in England that sell them with brand new engines, modern spec and then customising it . Your buying it for the intention of how it was meant to be.

    Ironically the purists are already having mental breakdowns at the subtle changes from the original release as it is! (Glass , lugholes etc)

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 24th September 2018 at 11:23.

  41. #291
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3

    Inkydinkydo...

    Sorry guys, inky black dial guy here again...can anyone confirm how dark the 29a is for me....my dull dark grey watches need replaced with a deep black field watch. Eddie's prs-29a ticks all the boxes......should I buy it?

  42. #292
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309
    Looks black to me but your idea and mine may well be different so hard to say.

    Buy one anyways, if you are not happy with you will have zero trouble moving it on.

  43. #293
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Staplecross, Sussex
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackie62 View Post
    Sorry guys, inky black dial guy here again...can anyone confirm how dark the 29a is for me....my dull dark grey watches need replaced with a deep black field watch. Eddie's prs-29a ticks all the boxes......should I buy it?
    The answer to the question "Should I buy one of Eddies watches " is always yes.

  44. #294
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    I didn't realize that these are so difficult to acquire. The only reason that I commented on it was due to someone on this forum that showed a tan dial with black hands that looks similar to the "Longines Heritage Military" version, otherwise I would consider myself very, very fortunate to have a 29B, I know I already found out I posted in a, A 36 mm area, not hard feelings. Still getting used to this site. Thanks for the output.

    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Hi milspec60 and welcome .
    I ageee ☝️ with the above post . DONT for the love of god bastardize the prs 29. Itís meant to be as it is . Of course itís your watch do as you please if you get one but as a homage piece of horological and military history it would be a shame in my view.

    I think there are many other watches to use and choose from for modding . If itís the case shape that appeals to you source one that is similar with those curved lugs . I think people who buy a smiths military are buying it FOR that dial , for that heritage and period, the Def Stan requirements etc . Itís like buying an Aston Martin db6 from the company in England that sell them with brand new engines, modern spec and then customising it . Your buying it for the intention of how it was meant to be.

    Ironically the purists are already having mental breakdowns at the subtle changes from the original release as it is! (Glass , lugholes etc)

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #295
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    I got it, I misunderstood the article, I must read more carefully. Thanks for correcting my thoughts. But still this means that the B / 39 mm is no longer in production? If so this could mean heartache for me, unless the secondary market is good to me. "NOT", these PRS-29B's don't pop up that often and when they do they are out of the stratosphere. I will just have to be on my A game, or I should say B game. LoL, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Hello MilSpec60, welcome in. Lots of stuff here that is great to read.

    I think though you missed the detail in the thread! The watch discussed here is a further issue of the PRS 29a, not the b. So we are looking at the 36mm version not the 39.
    I believe that at this time there is no intention for another run of the 39, previous entries in the thread detail this some-where.
    And lastly....CUSTOM DIAL, good gods man what are you thinking.... A travesty to cut one of these !! Get an SKX and do that or another case, but not a Smiths.

    Any how's, welcome in. :)

  46. #296
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    I totally understand, as I stated the only reason I said anything about modding was because I saw it elsewhere on this site and "assumed" it was the norm. At least until I found how difficult it was to acquire a PRS-29 B. You know it's funny, with various other watch manufactures, they manufacture watches at such a high count some of us, myself especially, get spoiled at getting what we want at a whim, with no thought of it being available for purchase or not. In the case of these Smith PRS versions they are not mass produced which for me is a new. But I myself most prefer a watch that is not that readily available, something that will make it far more revered as a timepiece in someone else's collection not to mention my own collection. I respect and really admire that. To me this is what watch collecting is all about. I would much more prefer to acquire 1 "timepiece" that I have been looking for, for months or years knowing that it is far more appreciated due to it's low manufacture count than to get a watch, (mind you I say watch), that hundreds and thousands are made of and be able to get it with a click of the buy button. I do hope you understand my thoughts on this, to me this is what makes a timepiece exclusive and worthy of being called a collectible.


    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Hi milspec60 and welcome .
    I ageee ☝️ with the above post . DONT for the love of god bastardize the prs 29. It’s meant to be as it is . Of course it’s your watch do as you please if you get one but as a homage piece of horological and military history it would be a shame in my view.

    I think there are many other watches to use and choose from for modding . If it’s the case shape that appeals to you source one that is similar with those curved lugs . I think people who buy a smiths military are buying it FOR that dial , for that heritage and period, the Def Stan requirements etc . It’s like buying an Aston Martin db6 from the company in England that sell them with brand new engines, modern spec and then customising it . Your buying it for the intention of how it was meant to be.

    Ironically the purists are already having mental breakdowns at the subtle changes from the original release as it is! (Glass , lugholes etc)

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #297
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309
    MilSpec60 I think you get it. I have the b version and find I do appreciate what it is and represents. As such I enjoy wearing it and it does mean more in my small collection than other more expensive watches that as you say can be bought easily with a click of a button.
    Two that have my interest now are this re-issue with the white dial and the Everest, not a military watch granted but a classic and timeless design none the less.

    Once more, welcome.

  48. #298
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    andyd30, I just have 2 questions for you Sir. One what is your wrist size? And two, Just to be sure is the timepiece that you are showing is it the 29B, or the 29A? Thanks for your time.

    Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    All this talk on the 29A prompted me to give mine a wind. Having worn it for a few days I can honestly say it is perfect as it is. For me, no change required.

    Would drilled lugs open up a whole world of straps? Possibly, but the long lugs will leave a big gap to the case...





  49. #299
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    Yes, yes. I see. I hope that I did not lead you to think that you do not appreciate you timepiece. I only meant to let you and everyone know that I was one of those who thought a Limited Edition was 2000 pieces, and now I appreciate something that is very difficult to acquire. I now appreciate something that either nobody has or very few people have. No disrespect meant. And I am in the process of re-sorting my collection to only hold onto pieces that I really bond to. I'm starting to see that a true collection is not "Based on how many I can acquire but instead it is based on the few that I truly admire". A re-prioritization of how I view a timepiece collection, that's all. Also disreguard me asking what you are wearing, it is the 29a, I must read, I MUST READ ! ! ! ! !, I however would still to know what is your wrist size if possible? I might be able to get away with a 36 mm or in this case the 29a, a slim possibility. Thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    MilSpec60 I think you get it. I have the b version and find I do appreciate what it is and represents. As such I enjoy wearing it and it does mean more in my small collection than other more expensive watches that as you say can be bought easily with a click of a button.
    Two that have my interest now are this re-issue with the white dial and the Everest, not a military watch granted but a classic and timeless design none the less.

    Once more, welcome.

  50. #300
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Michigan, United States
    Posts
    10
    I really need to know. There are so many specs going back and forth. What case size will this be? What lug width will it be? and will I be notified by the Time factors website when it becomes available? If not how will I be made aware of it's offering? Ohhh, Is there a price as of yet? I promised myself not to mess up on this that I will with hope be one of the 300 to acquire one of these gorgeous examples of a timepiece. This is one fine looking timepiece. I'm still trying to figure out who Eddie is, I mean I know he is the one who is orchestrating the manufacture of this timepiece but I cannot find any history of who he is. If you're out there Eddie hello. And yes, the drilled lugs are a big plus. I like to alternate from Nato straps to leather so I won't become bored with my timepieces.

    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Clearly drilled

    Multiple strap options ahoy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •