closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Im the guitar tech. Its a good career move for anyone who used to play in a band but actually just really really enjoys airport lounges, being tired and very long bus trips. ;c)

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    41 degrees in Adelaide tomorrow... phew.
    Were actually going to nz first, playing auckland on the 29th. 20ish, apparently... Then perth on NYE, which the internet tells me will be about 30ish. Im gingerish, so im not taking the risk. Factor500 and a massive hat well and truly packed.

Currently forecast as 33deg. You’ll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by guykirkwood View Post
    If the proposed Gibson's dog watch is anything like the IWC mark X, you can take my money now!
    Attachment 15312
    Any news on Gibson's dog watch?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    For me the Omega white dial RAF is the best looking watch ever made, along with variants from other makers. I've had some bad luck with damaging vintage watches and have always wanted a modern equivalent. The Longines Heritage got close but the case is too big and it has a faux patina dial, so I was over the moon when I found this watch, it's basically perfect.

I tried for one before Christmas but found they were out of stock. Contacted Eddie who said there might be more stock in the new year.

I don't want to harass the man, so I am wondering if any of you timefactors regulars have any tips on making sure I know when they're available again and making sure I can snag one?

Hi Eddie,

We will have shipments on upcoming two weeks;
    1. PRS-45 - 2019.01.04
    2. PRS-29 - 2019.01.11
    3. PRS-22 - 2019.01.11
    4. Watch packaging case - 2019.01.15
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Eddie
    Many thanks for the update Eddie

Looking forward to the PRS-45

Pete

Received this rather splendid vintage style strap from Steveo this morning

Last edited by Velorum; 3rd January 2019 at 13:25.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Eddie
    Much appreciated.

Ok im back...
    The watch performed flawlessly. As suspected it ran a few seconds slower in use, bringing it closer to +1 sec per day on the wrist. The lack of lume wasnt a problem, as i didnt really get any sleep at any point on the tour...
    So.. in the bus on the way to the first festival. Isnt New Zealand gorgeous?

Setting up guitar world...

Soundcheck time!

Quick shot of the show

We then packed down, had a beer, and went straight to the airport, got on a plane, and went straight to Perth in western australia. There we did the whole process again, for new years eve. On 4 hours sleep, caught on the plane....

In what can only be described as an OCD annoyingly annoying annoyance, the person who set the stage countdown clock for the midnight celebrations set it a minute early...

But anyways, a gigs a gig and afterwards we got drunk and went home. Which took 2 days apparently.... i dunno, i was asleep. Heres a shot taken on the heathrow express....

Cheers everyone, have a great new year!
    Rich.

Ps- if anyones on Instagram my ig name is Watchroadie - i always tag timefactors and also Worn &Wound. I figure one day ill get the front page of the w&w instagram roundup and get TF some more publicity... ;c)
    Last edited by Synthpunk; 3rd January 2019 at 14:06. Reason: Added a ps

Would someone with a micro-meter be able to confirm the diameter of the shoulderless spring bars fitted please?

I am keen to fit a Bonklip but want to get hold of some unobtrusive nylon washers to save damage to the lugs. If I go for a 16mm width then there will be space for small washers each side of the end pieces.

Here is a supplier of very small washers found via Google:

http://indifit.co.uk/products/fasten...ter-range.html

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Would someone with a micro-meter be able to confirm the diameter of the shoulderless spring bars fitted please?
    1.8mm

Many thanks!

Ivmanaged to score a NOS french ZRC bonklip for about £30 on ebay, of the older ‘wide ends, skinny bracelet’ type. Really really well made, im very pleased. Probly not for everyone, but-

Cheers!
    Rich

Many thanks!
    My pleasure. I'm not sure what the minimum order is for those washers, but if you find yourself with far too many I'd be interested in buying some from you. I'd quite like to dabble with a Bonklip.

I went for this NOS one on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    My pleasure. I'm not sure what the minimum order is for those washers, but if you find yourself with far too many I'd be interested in buying some from you. I'd quite like to dabble with a Bonklip.
    I couldn't manage to order the washers but found some silicone tubing with an internal diameter of 1.6mm and an outer of 2.5mm that I think will work. Being as it comes in a 1m length then I will have lots over to give away - should it work of course!

I use the ink reservoir tubes from ballpoint pens.. just slice it up with a razor in whatever thickness you need.

Apprentice
    Hi guys, I read that Eddie said the AM version is all gone but on the site it is still available (although the site itself is closed till next Tuesday)
    Do you think they will be available again?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BVItalia View Post
    Hi guys, I read that Eddie said the AM version is all gone but on the site it is still available (although the site itself is closed till next Tuesday)
    Do you think they will be available again?
    Thanks
    Yes, that confused me, too, so presume website hasn't been updated. More on the way apparently (see post #956). No doubt there will be an announcement when ready.

Apprentice
    Well, I couldn't wait so I jumped on a plexy 29A I saw for sale. Having owned two 29b's and a Precista 82 I am sure I will love it.
    It is my first 36mm watch and if I'm ok with the size my plan is to pick up an Everest 36 and/or a 29a AM.
    Cant wait for it to arrive!

As previously mentioned I though that I would try a Bonklip style bracelet

So far I am impressed, its super light and thin and feels very comfy. I love the look of the AM with this fitted.

As regards preventing the end links chewing up the lugs I bought some narrow gauge silicone tubing and fitted a short section to the ends of the spring bar. I ordered a 16mm bracelet to accommodate this. It works really well and unless you look closely you cant see them. If anyone wants to try this just drop me a PM and I will send a small sample FOC.

This particular example was £20 from a Swiss seller and is NOS. The only thing I don't like about it is that is that some of the links are too shiny for my taste - I will tone them down with some fine wire wool when I get round to it.

I should mention that in the photos below I have the strap fitted the wrong way round - have swapped the ends around since then and it feels even better!

I think that I am going to try this bracelet on a few of my other watches too!

A couple of pics with it fitted the right way round!

Last edited by Velorum; 14th January 2019 at 11:15.

Master
    Yes , that does suit it very well 👍

Id like to just confirm that the ink tube from ‘Bic’ brand biros is exactly the right size to slip over the standard shoulderless springbars that come with the 29, if you want to make washers out of one of them. I cut some new ones today.

I also bought one of the nos 16mm bonklips from switzerland like Velorums. Its an excellent bracelet, stiffer than the 10£ ebay cheapies, but much better finished. However- The NOS ZRC i bought the other week is the winner overall in fit and finish and overall design. It utilises the other style of ‘fold back’ bonklip design, with a more secure clasp. Its got a 12.5mm bracelet as well as 18mm ends though so it does wear small.

I have my 29a on a Bonklip style bracelet now.

Im not too sure what make this one is - the clasp has a makers name that I cant make out even using a loupe - it may end in 'ex' or 'ux' and it also says "Always bright steel".

The more I wear these bracelets the more I like them. I may well try a genuine Bonklip soon.

Bentex maybe...
    I think they may have made the West End Watch co bracelets?

Thanks for that. Looking at the name under the loupe again I think that it may well be Bentex.

Ive fitted my CW (swiss) 16mm to mine in a different way to last time- seeing as the 1.8mm springbars are a perfect fit in the Bic biro ink tube, i cut two 18mm lengths, and have the 16mm bonklip ends over them. A slight nip on the ends with some smooth jaw needle nose pliers is enough to secure the strap in place, feels super secure now.
    Cheers!
    Rich

Blog Entries
    I was a silly not to give the smiths military more time first time round when it was re-released last year. Won't be making that mistake again .

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Ive yet to see any 'blue' tones in the 29a's dial. It looks as inky black as the original to me.

I am coming to the conclusion that of the two this is the better version.
    May I kindly ask about the size of your wrist?
    I have the new Everest 36 mm and absolutely love it so much that I got addicted to Smith Watches.

I have a 16,7-17 cm wrist and would like to order the Black Military 36 mm but being abroad, I worry because of the lug to lug size, which is quite large.

Seing your pic with that bone poking out - like mine - which can be difficult sometimes, I thought you are the right person to ask.

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    May I kindly ask about the size of your wrist?
    I have the new Everest 36 mm and absolutely love it so much that I got addicted to Smith Watches.

I have a 16,7-17 cm wrist and would like to order the Black Military 36 mm but being abroad, I worry because of the lug to lug size, which is quite large.

Seing your pic with that bone poking out - like mine - which can be difficult sometimes, I thought you are the right person to ask.

Thank you in advance!
    I have about the same size of your wrist, 16,5 - 16,8 cm, and here below you can see several pictures of my PRS29, just to give you an idea.

Hope this helps.

Apprentice

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    I have about the same size of your wrist, 16,5 - 16,8 cm, and here below you can see several pictures of my PRS29, just to give you an idea.

Hope this helps.

The watch is a real beauty !
    After what I see the lugs are at least a smidgen on the limit right?

Do you have the Everest 36 too?
    Eddies Everest was like a bomb in my collection in relation to the size of the others and wearability.
    Has gotten me careful in choosing.

If so how they wear in comparison?

I have to ask as U really don’t like sending something back.

Your help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Brutus; 4th March 2019 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The watch is a real beauty !
    After what I see the lugs are at least a smidgen on the limit right.

Do you have the Everest 36 too?

If so how they wear in comparison?

I have to ask as U really don’t like sending something back.

Your help is much appreciated!

Hi Brutus, unfortunately I have no the Everest 36mm, I'm planning to buy the next batch.

Best regards.

Is the PRS-29AM still in stock? The website says it is. Not having much luck getting an order in before the system is locked down for the rest of the week. Thanks!

Journeyman
    Is here anybody with 6 inchish wrist who would take a wristshot of PRS29, please?

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Is here anybody with 6 inchish wrist who would take a wristshot of PRS29, please?
    Here on my 6.5 wrist.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Here on my 6.5 wrist.

Hope this helps.

Thx so much.
    I am afraid it has too long lugs for my skinny wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Thx so much.
    I am afraid it has too long lugs for my skinny wrist.
    If it's length of the lugs that bother you, have a look at the 36mm Speedbird.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

The lugs are quite long and it wears bigger than its 36mm size as a result IMO. It felt fine on my 6.75" but I'm not sure I would have been happy had I been any smaller.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The lugs are quite long and it wears bigger than its 36mm size as a result IMO. It felt fine on my 6.75" but I'm not sure I would have been happy had I been any smaller.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Any comparision in wearing with Geckota e-01 or even Chr ward trident vintage?

Journeyman
    Speedbird is nice but I would forego to a white dial with blue hands.

Any comparision in wearing with Geckota e-01 or even Chr ward trident vintage?