closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Thanks to Ian [velorum] mine is now on this nice dark brown strap.

Very nice combo!

Could you take a similar wrist picture with your 29b?

Thanks!

WTB: PRS-29b :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Evening all , smaller than what I’m used to but perfectly executed . Lovely watch .

Top man Eddie , thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    It does look quite small on your wrist but still looks good. What is your wrist size? I would like one of these but having tried the PRS10 at 38mm I found that too small. But most wrist shots of this 36mm look good.

You might consider two things regarding the 36mm 29 that I personally don't think make the classic G10 size spec PRS-10 a good way to judge whether you'll like the former as to size:

> The old PRS-10's spec for case diameter @ 38.6 includes the crown; the new PRS-29A/AM spec for case diameter @ 36mm does not include the crown.

>> The old PRS-10's spec for lug-to-lug length is only 42.4mm; the new PRS-29A/AM spec for lug-to-lug length is a relatively quite long 46.8mm.

For what it's worth, I have the size equivalents of both the above in a 2006 C-Series RA pattern CWC G10 and an older version of the 29A, and, subjectively, but also very perceptibly, the classic and neat, but nonetheless stubby-lugged semi-helmet design of the great G10 wears much smaller for me than the beautifully long and slim 29A ---- I think the latter a very aesthetically special watch and a very different watch in comparison to a G10 spec PRS-10 regardless of these both having a similar east-to-west case diameter

https://timefactors.com/precistaprs10.htm

https://timefactors.com/prs29new.htm

Apprentice
    Black leather pilot strap with white stitching matches perfectly with the dial :

I finally managed to get around to my parents to pick up my AM... no.89 has to wait until Christmas, but it looks stunning from my brief glance at it – better than I hoped for from my mock ups all those years ago!!! I asked Eddie to swap the NATO for one of his green ones and it looks fantastic on that (thanks for the switch Eddie).

Can't wait to give it some serious wrist time!

Thanks again for producing it Eddie, a real winner in my book.

Apprentice
    Looks great on the Geckota Top Grain Leather.

BTW. If anyone wants to part with their 29b, PM me. Thanks! :)
    Last edited by leafy; 21st November 2018 at 03:41.

On a nice buttery vintage nubuck leather strap I got off Lazada.

Sent from Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Tomorrow I get a nice AM ....
    Greetings to all for my first post in this wonderful forum.
    Last edited by davidozo; 15th November 2018 at 14:20.

Craftsman
    Greetings Davidoso, you will love the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by davidozo View Post

Benvenuto !

aye up.!!

Air Ministry now all gone.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Congratulations, and it's not surprising. Fantastic watch

Craftsman
    I am pleased my wife told me to stop booring her with it and to get on and buy one!

Glad i did, it makes me smile. Thank you Eddie.

Eddie
    Well done Eddie. No surprise though, it’s a great watch.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Apprentice

Prs-29a out of stock.

Congrats Eddie! Looking forward to your next round of watches.

Looks great on a Hadley Roma Cordura. My favorite so far.

WTB: PRS-29b :)
    Last edited by leafy; 16th November 2018 at 01:16.

Apprentice
    Thank you for your greetings. Here it is, just in time.
    Thank you Eddie.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Perfect for sitting outside in Milan and having a coffee when the suns out.
    It’s been a long time since I did that.

Apprentice
    Lately here in Italy the sun can be seen little, the clock is small on my wrist but I certainly do not send it back!
    A 36 mm, a 41 or 45 mm, I bring everything when it deserves.
    And this Smiths is a chocolate candy.

That just looks fantastic, wear it in good health sir.

Thank you for your greetings. Here it is, just in time.
    Thank you Eddie.

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I managed to get the latest PRS-29A a couple of weeks back after some of the fastest shipping I've experienced. I'm liking the new specs. Drilled lugs for strap changes and a much tougher sapphire crystal. I kind of miss the warmth of an acrylic crystal, but it's a trade off for scratch resistance, so I can live with that.

The biggest difference to the eye however, is the hour hand. I only noticed the difference in shape compared to the older models after I pulled the trigger, and I haven't seen any comments on it. I prefer the looks of the older hour hand as it looks more sleek in my opinion, and is more accurate to the original W10. It's not obvious from a distance, but when I admire the watch up close (which I do all the time, the devil's in the details, kudos to Eddie) I feel that sticking to the original hour hand shape would have made this watch perfect.

Anyhow, I have a feeling this one will be my daily wearer for a long time to come! Cheers

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Snap!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post

Along with your beautifully handmade edged leather one shown posted just above it that you've fully discussed in your TF subforum thread nearby >> https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-homemade-NATO << , this (Khaki/Sand[?]Nylon) NATO looks like a very good match for the Air Ministry as well. Could you please say exactly what this NATO is and where you sourced it?

Thanks

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again!

The Nato pictured above is in fact light olive in colour. It is not khaki or sand but more of a vintage faded olive that doesn’t have that much green in it.

Sorry to disappoint you but this specific strap was not bought or found somewhere but it is the default strap of my Seagull 1963 Chinese Airforce chronograph.
    I don’t know where you would find one of these. Quality of it is ok but the fabric feels a bit plasticy. But it is a nice fine weave with solid hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthpunk View Post
    Im busy modifying a Bonklip clone ill be alternating the pigskin with. Basically grinding the endpieces to about 17mm and then fitting an inner sleeve to the clip part thats 18mm and made of nylon, that the springbar will go through. Made of a biro ink tube as suggested earlier.
    I did this the other day and thought I’d share my thoughts on it. I bought a cheapo one from eBay and fettled the ends down as Rich suggested. Then I ran the whole thing over a mop wheel to take off all the sharp edges, finally installed it with the biro inserts to protect the lugs (that was a bit fiddly).
    I like the way it looks but I have to be honest and say it’s not that comfortable, no matter how tight or loose I wear it. I think I will go back to a nice brown leather strap at the weekend.
    Anyway, here are some pics.

Master
    ^^ Even if it's not so comfortable as leather or a NATO might be, I have to say it sure looks good on that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post
    Along with your beautifully handmade edged leather one shown posted just above it that you've fully discussed in your TF subforum thread nearby >> https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-homemade-NATO << , this (Khaki/Sand[?]Nylon) NATO looks like a very good match for the Air Ministry as well. Could you please say exactly what this NATO is and where you sourced it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Thanks again!

The Nato pictured above is in fact light olive in colour. It is not khaki or sand but more of a vintage faded olive that doesn’t have that much green in it.

Sorry to disappoint you but this specific strap was not bought or found somewhere but it is the default strap of my Seagull 1963 Chinese Airforce chronograph.
    I don’t know where you would find one of these. Quality of it is ok but the fabric feels a bit plasticy. But it is a nice fine weave with solid hardware.

Thanks on that. I couldn't myself perceive or discern the green or even the olive to it from my computer (well, maybe I did a little bit, but only AFTER you mentioned what it actually was), but regardless of its exact hue and its roundabout source, the Air Ministry does look good to my eye on the ("Light OD Khaki[?]") NATO you're showing it on above.

In fact, at least again to my own eye, that would mean the AM and its white dial aesthetics seem to go well with the full spectrum of strap colours (at least the more conservative colours I've seen it shown on so far) from light to dark plus the (brushed[?]) stainless steel of Lukeott's classic style metal bracelet above
    Last edited by Rollon; 23rd November 2018 at 02:28.

Morning 'AM'

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Switched my AM to an olive drab NATO. I think it works pretty well.

Does anyone own a W10 original and a new 29a? Would love to see a comparison of the 2 side by side!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

My 29am is slightly chunkier front to back than either of my two original W10s. And the lug tips are different, again only slightly. The lugs dish in ever so slightly more and are a bit more svelte. The new case is almost a dead ringer for my record WWW though. And the crown has changed between new vs previous versions. Only slightly mind. Its a tiny bit smaller.

My 29am is slightly chunkier front to back than either of my two original W10s. And the lug tips are different, again only slightly. The lugs dish in ever so slightly more and are a bit more svelte. The new case is almost a dead ringer for my record WWW though. And the crown has changed between new vs previous versions. Only slightly mind. Its a tiny bit smaller.
    Thanks! Are the hands a close match?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

No idea. Whilst both my two originals have a set of NOS hands, and i also have their original sets of (lume damaged) hands safely stored away, but i bought one of the 29 AM reissues, so blue hands and white dial... ;c)

Cheers!
    Rich

Craftsman

First Time Factors

A 29a Smiths Military arrived in the post today, my first watch from Time Factors and just to say I think its a really good quality watch. Having not seen the original in the metal, so I cannot comment on comparisons but it looks and feels as much an 'issue watch' as the number of ex MOD Hamilton, CWC and Precista GS watches I currently have dating from 75 to 06.

Ed

I’ve owned both versions for about a month or so and I’m very pleased so far. Size is perfect imo.

Apprentice
    Hi guys. I have been wearing my 29a ( my first TF watch) for about a week and absolutely love it. The 36mm size is perfect. The grey nato is starting to break in but I think I will swap it for a vintage leather and /or seat belt nato. It’s my first non date watch and surprisingly , I am not missing the date function for this watch. Now really keen on other TF watches. Love the TF forums - interesting to see the iterative process at play ! Keep up the posting everyone ! Warm regards

Its the weekend....

I concluded that I has been rather hasty in moving on my AM and that I could after all afford to keep both versions

I'm obliged to the buyer who despite not wanting to move it on, sold it back to me anyway. (Thank you bwest76)

it really suits a grey TF Nato I think

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I concluded that I has been rather hasty in moving on my AM and that I could after all afford to keep both versions

I'm obliged to the buyer who despite not wanting to move it on, sold it back to me anyway. (Thank you bwest76)
    That is easily fixed by adding a disclaimer to all future sales reserving the right to reclaim and attaching a long piece of elastic for recovery in the event of the buyer resisting
    Last edited by andyd30; 23rd December 2018 at 16:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Much as I love the watch It was my pleasure to sell it back to Ian, he asked in a most pleasant way plus it’s christmas.

I am sure to get another sometime in the future,I have first refusal if he changes his mind again.
    it’s not as if any of us are actually short of watches.

Apprentice
    Wow. Great looking watches.

Out if curiosity are the hands on the AM actually heat blued?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aid1987 View Post
    Out if curiosity are the hands on the AM actually heat blued?
    Yes, confirmed by Eddie earlier in this thread.

Apprentice

Eddie

Merry Xmas Eddie. Will the Air Ministry be coming back in stock or was this the last batch?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Yes, confirmed by Eddie earlier in this thread.
    Thanks Joppers. That's very impressive considering the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by acg2010 View Post
    Merry Xmas Eddie. Will the Air Ministry be coming back in stock or was this the last batch?
    I think this post from October indicates there are more still in the system:

Just ordered another 100 of the Air Ministry. Had to order 300 cases but can only fill 100 of them because of a shortage of movements.

Eddie

Well i officially received my watch yesterday whilst at my parents, what an anticipated arrival!
    Ive been wearing it on a french pigskin for the last 24hours, then tried it on a phoenix nato for about 5 minutes, then eddies nato for about 5 minutes, and now its on the Bonklip i bought for it. Im off to New zealand tomorrow, for a gig on the 29th then were playing perth in Australia on the 31st. Ill be wearing this on my left wrist for local time, and either my trusty cwc 6bb chrono or my speedbird on the right for home time and general song timing duties. Both on bonklips, as apparently its 30C in australia at the moment. Too hot for leather.
    Ill take some pics when ive got something interesting going on in the background.

Anyways. Still extrememly pleased with the watch, a proper little stunner. Its keeping time to the second over 24hours of wear with my cwc, i think theyre both 6 seconds fast. Considering the last retail price of the cwc being up in the 2k£ range, i think thats pretty damn good going.

Thanks again Eddie, cheers everyone!
    Rich

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice,what group are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Very nice,what group are you in?

I'm going to guess and say Pendulum...

Both on bonklips, as apparently its 30C in australia at the moment. Too hot for leather.
    Rich
    41 degrees in Adelaide tomorrow... phew.