TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs-29a out of stock.

Threaded View

Prs-29a out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    To quote Sir Ben Kingsley NSFW
    https://youtu.be/KmR8fzQjuD8

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hahaha, I don’t understand why it winds people up to the extent it does - especially on a *recreation* of a vintage watch.

Doesn’t that W10 look beautiful, with the ecru against the black dial?

I understand people’s philosophical objection to it on a new, original design watch... but I think it’s a perfectly sensible option here.

My current, much loved 29a has coloured lume after all... it’s a light green instead of white. Why doesn’t that inspire the same reaction?

It’s not like I’m suggesting a ‘pre-aged’ case like a recent Zenith - that is a step too far.

EDIT: People (including me) love the look of vintage watches, much preferring them to the vulgarity or flashiness of many modern pieces - but don’t want to contend with a) raised prices (a W10 in good nick is now c.£1500), b) potential fragility (cracking tritium for example), c) the vast number of put-together watches/fakes (maybe not for W10s, but certainly for others), d) want the ease and pleasure of buying a brand new, warrantied watch.

As luminova doesn’t age, you can’t wait 20 years for tritium patina to develop (as if that is a sensible proposition even for the young) AND by the tritium does colour, it won’t function as lume - an enjoyable and useful part of a tool watch.
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 23rd May 2018 at 11:13.