closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A complete watch.

Threaded View

Thomas Reid

Re: A complete watch.

I start on the back (dial side). Since I'm none too steady of hand, I always brace my screwdriver against a finger, especially when starting the screw. Also, I make sure that each part is somewhere safe before I move on to the next one. If it is a movement that I'm not entirely familiar with, and of which I don't already have pictures, I take them as I go along. (It also makes me stop and think.)

Here's where I start.

Here is with the center plate off, which gives a pretty good view of things.

Here's with a bit more removed, including the set bridge, which means that I have good pictures of it all.

Here's the bare back. A few things to note. 1. You've got to be careful after you take of the setbridge to make sure that the set spring doesn't shoot. I put a sharpish bit of pegwood at an angle in the screw hole it goes around before I remove it. 2. I use a fine hand remover to take off the cannon pinion. You can do it with tweezers as well. 3. I use very fine tweezers braced against a finger to open up the shock spring. 4. I use a bit of Rodico stuck against the bench to separate the bottom stone from the housing for it. 5. I put an item from this side in the tiny basket with the stone and stone housing to differentiate it from the ones on the other side (in this case the set lever).

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Last edited by rfrazier; 9th November 2014 at 03:04.