closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leather wallet recommendations.

Master

Leather wallet recommendations.

I'm looking around for a suitable replacement of my current wallet. I'm looking for a decent leather wallet that will carry up to 12 cards securely, plus some cash; nothing else, I don't need/want a window section, coin purse, or anything unnecessary to bulk it up. In other words the slimmest possible way to carry a dozen cards and a few banknotes, preferably in leather. My current one has the card slots arranged so that the wallet has to be unfolded to remove a card, which seems the most secure to me. It's knackered, but it took me ages to find one that suited and I wonder if anyone has already done the research for something similar. I'm not concerned about it being a designer brand, but I don't want anything cheap and nasty either. Surely a watch forum should be a good place for suggestions?? Thanks.

Master
    I'm using a trove swift wallet. Holding 9 cards, 2 coffee reward cards, and a plaster. Check it out.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    I can recommend Bellroy - I use the Notesleeve and it does away with uneccesary stuff but holds plenty of card and cash. Not cheap but good quality

Master
    Blog Entries
    I use an all leather Mont Blanc credit card holder. There are 5 compartments in total so several of my 8 cards sit together with the most used separated out. Plus room for notes. I would think you could fit 12 cards though it would be quite fat.

Master
    Another vote for Bellroy - in fact, I've just ordered myself a new one this morning as I fancy a change!

Currently use the High Line but have the Slim Sleeve incoming. Pretty expensive but very good quality and very durable too.
    Last edited by andy100; 2nd May 2018 at 18:13.

Journeyman
    I have a lovely blue leather bellroy. Ageing really nicely too.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Had this one for a few years.

https://www.all-ett.com/product/slim...r-coin-wallet/

Nice soft leather, no signs of wear and very slim.

Craftsman
    I have had superb performance from handmade US brand Corter Leather and Cloth, and their sister company Albatross Leather.... Both very affordable (the latter more so), handmade, and guaranteed for life!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    £408 for a wallet

Secrid wallet

I'm very happy with my Saddleback Business Card Wallet. Comes with a 100 year warranty to boot.

https://www.saddlebackleather.com/le...eather-wallets

Journeyman
    The best wallet I ever had was from piquadro, now I just use a cardholder and Apple Pay

https://www.piquadro.com/gb/accessor...ion.html#more2

Craftsman
    ‘The Bridge’ range, highly recommended. Mine is 16 years old now and still doing just what it is intended for. Plus it has developed a lovely patina in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Could do worse than looking at Smythson. My current wallet is Mulberry and it’s really good but when I need a new one I will probably look at Smythson.

Journeyman

Leather wallet recommendations.

Bellroy note sleeve for me as well, 5 years on and its holding up well. They also do ones with RIFD in now as well and I’m tempted to get one.

Nice and slim, I use the coin slot to hold my house key in which is useful when on a night out.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll second the bellroy! Very pleased with mine.

Master
    Dunhill every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGB - holds pretty much jack but it does look great

I currently use a Cardamon wallet (made from waterproof, stain-proof and ultra-durable 300D nylon-polyester) to carry as little as possible, but before that I used a traditional leather Mont Blanc for over ten years. Still looks almost as good as new so highly recommended.

Bellroy note sleeve here too, but I can't recommend it for what you need. The Troue looks a better bet, if you don't mind playing banknote origami. I have a Saddleback leather wallet as well, but it remains unused as it is so thick even when empty.

Going back to Bellroy, if you don't want to do the banknote origami then it might be your answer. Ignore the coin purse bit as it takes up next to no space. They are good quality, and I think I got a few quid off through Quidco.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    Secrid wallet
    I've got a Secrid. Love everything about it, except it's innate ability to make holes in my jeans' back pockets. I know I shouldn't keep it in my back pocket, but I rarely wear jackets or anything else with pockets and I've done it for 30 years so changing feels a bit weird.

If it wasn't for that little lever...

I also have a soft leather card wallet which is very slim, but cards end up getting bent (because I sit on my wallet) and them won't work in ATMs.
    Last edited by amnesia; 3rd May 2018 at 12:06.

Master
    Thanks for all the thoughts. Bellroy seem to be coming out on top and I have to say I was unaware of the brand, so appreciate the heads up. I'm beginning to think that one of these is what I need, together with a bit of a cull in the card dept, possibly by transferring some of the trade/loyalty cards onto my phone instead. However, I've never tried this and not too sure how to go about it. Just need to drag myself into the 21st century. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    £408 for a wallet
    My thoughts exactly!!

Like many on here I bought a Secrid wallet but found it uncomfortable (and unsightly...) in my front pocket but found a good looking leather RFID wallet in the Fossil outlet in Bicester.

Blog Entries
    I searched for a smaller wallet to carry in a front pocket for better safety.
    After looking at lots of options I decided to try an I-Clip. Doesn’t have the same image as an all leather wallet but I wouldn’t carry anything else now. They do some nice looking leather ones too. Usually carry around £200 cash plus cards. Sorted.

Craftsman

This thread: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...wn-your-wallet probably has all the info you need.

Cheers,

Mark C

Blog Entries
    Mont Blanc 7162 11cc + clear window for driving licence. Not cheap but ticks all the boxes

Belroy Note Sleeve for me as it doesn't involve banknote origami.

Senior moment. I have already said this!
    Last edited by Templogin; 2nd November 2018 at 19:47. Reason: Alzheimers moment

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Belroy Note Sleeve for me as it doesn't involve banknote origami.
    And that's exactly what I ended up with. I am very pleased with it. I have reorganised all the loyalty cards etc onto my phone and just carry my debit card and main credit card in the dual slots, my travel credit card in the single slot opposite and my train pass in the pull-out slot. A few bank notes in the full width section and job done. Unbelievably slim and neat and great quality / finish too.

They aren't cheap, but I have always enjoyed using Paul Smith wallets https://www.paulsmith.com/uk/mens/accessories/wallets

TOD's everyday of the week for about 15 years.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Had the same dilemma a while ago and after trying a few out I settled on the iclip and absolutely love it, been using it over a year now as my only wallet and it’s held up perfectly.

https://i-clip.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    How many Notes can the iClip hold comfortably or at a stretch? (For those moments when Readies will only do.
    Cheers

Craftsman
    I received a lovely leather Osprey wallet for Christmas and it's very good quality - I just hate carrying a wallet these days.

I've also had a couple of Mont Blanc leather items in the past and they are also very good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    How many Notes can the iClip hold comfortably or at a stretch? (For those moments when Readies will only do.
    Cheers

I normally carry around £150-200 cash in 20s and 10s. It actually works better with at least 2 or 3 notes in.

Made short vid of it.

Ian
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 22nd January 2019 at 18:55.

Master
    Thank you for the demo.
    Thats help me to make my mind up.
    Now to choose the model.
    Cheers