closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Withheld warranty card watch on eBay.

Master
    In reality, its not going to be too hard to collect the card and post it to the subsequent owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    It is time to accept the situation as it is. You have the luxury to choose whether you buy this brand, this way, or don't.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    In reality, its not going to be too hard to collect the card and post it to the subsequent owner.
    Yes in theory what happens if the person purchased the watch had a stroke or hit by bus ...... Or dropped dead..... Or something buyer would stick with an expensive watch with no papers ...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    This was my question too. As an AD holding on to the cards I would think that I would only be responsible for releasing them to the original buyer whose name is on them. I would have no knowledge of the new ownership of the watch - the cards are the property of the original owner as far as I would be concerned and so they would be sent/collected by them and them alone.
    That is exactly the point and the arrogance of AD’s is quite breathtaking, who the hell are they to decide which parts of a new watch package they will ‘allow’ a ‘full retail price’ purchaser to take possession of after cleared payment? They can *uck off as far as I am concerned and I will buy my toys elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    That is exactly the point and the arrogance of AD’s is quite breathtaking, who the hell are they to decide which parts of a new watch package they will ‘allow’ a ‘full retail price’ purchaser to take possession of after cleared payment? They can *uck off as far as I am concerned and I will buy my toys elsewhere!
    Simple then don't buy the watch!!! they will ask you if you agree to the terms before purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Yes in theory what happens if the person purchased the watch had a stroke or hit by bus ...... Or dropped dead..... Or something buyer would stick with an expensive watch with no papers ...

Same with all of his estate, the executor has authority to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Same with all of his estate, the executor has authority to deal with it.
    So you contact the excutor of the state about the card of a dead guy over a previous watch purchase what a load bollocks..... The point being it's a load of hassle that doubt any sensible buyers would even entitane.

Apprentice
    So you contact the excutor of the state about the card of a dead guy over a previous watch purchase what a load bollocks..... The point being it's a load of hassle that doubt any sensible buyers would even entitane.
    Then the system has worked :)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    That's my sentiments

Master
    Protocol designed to hamper the flipping of desirable watches actually hampers the flipping of desirable watches.

Has anyone told Sky News?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    Indeed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    The main agent and the first purchaser enter a contract including explicit agreement that the warranty card - a piece of plastic whose later supply in no way otherwise diminishes the first purchaser's rights - will be supplied at a specific time.

The main agent and the subsequent purchaser have entered no contract with each other.

The first purchaser alone has entered a contract with any subsequent purchaser. If he cannot perform his side of the contract in any respect (perhaps if he has promised the card will be available sooner) then he alone answers to the subsequent purchaser.

The main agent will perform his only contract exactly as it was engrossed.

A court would look at the two contracts and find that failure lay only in the second one, being exclusively between the first and subsequent purchaser, if the former had promised delivery which he could not meet. Only the first purchaser would be liable to give redress.

As the subsequent purchaser briging a claim against the main agent you would have wasted time and money, gaining only enemies along the way. It is time to accept the situation as it is. You have the luxury to choose whether you buy this brand, this way, or don't.
    Expertly put (no surprise as you are an expert) and my understanding exactly (although I am not an expert)

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Wherever there's a problem there's a solution:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/watches/bl...els/1297460925

EDIT: In the unlikely event the listing gets pulled, it is as follows:

"Have you lost or misplaced your warranty card? �� If so this is the perfect item for you! ��

Blank Rolex cards for all Rolex Models
    *Datejust *Submariner *Explorer *Gmt-master *Day-date *Daytona *Yachtmaster *Sea Dweller
    £50.00 ��

We can also print serial and model number for you! �� £150.00

Payment by paypal ��
    Secure delivery ��"
    Last edited by David_D; 4th May 2018 at 16:48. Reason: Added

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Wherever there's a problem there's a solution:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/watches/bl...els/1297460925
    Reported - not that it will make a blind bit of difference

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Reported - not that it will make a blind bit of difference
    Me too.

There are regular and persistent sellers of fake watches (and fake everything else) on there and Gumtree don't appear to give a monkey's.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Wot oi sez is this ere’, as long as Rolex AD’s withold ANY part of a new Rolex package that I am being stiffed ‘full list price’ for, I will not be buying another new Rolex. Yes, I know Rolex don’t particularly care, more importantly, nor do I.
    It’s only on certain Rolex watches not all of them.

Blog Entries
    Picked a new rolex hulk from goldsmiths yesterday
    Kept my card for 12MTHS
    Took a photo of card and kissed it goodbye
    Was told all aurum groups will be holding cards
    Stickers are still on and intact
    I did not sign a contract agreeing they can hold the card
    Last edited by golfg60; 4th May 2018 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    Kept my card for 12MTHS
    PM sent.

:)

I'm in the group that thinks this practice won't change anything. If someone wanted that Hulk and it was advertised on SC for whatever the previous stickered-up with warranty card Hulk went for, I'd expect it to sell PDQ. And thus over time buying nearly-new sports Rolexes without a warranty card becomes the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    PM sent.

:)

I'm in the group that thinks this practice won't change anything. If someone wanted that Hulk and it was advertised on SC for whatever the previous stickered-up with warranty card Hulk went for, I'd expect it to sell PDQ. And thus over time buying nearly-new sports Rolexes without a warranty card becomes the norm.
    May be off a trusted member on the forum could work..... But I still would not buy a watch and wait a year for the card. Each to the own I suppose should start a voting thread on buying with or without warranty card. Would have my money or more members won't buy without the card!!

Last edited by bokbok; 4th May 2018 at 18:17.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    Kept my card for 12MTHS
    It must branch to branch.
    Picked a sub last Saturday and was given cards, stickers, tags.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    It must branch to branch.
    Picked a sub last Saturday and was given cards, stickers, tags.
    Said it was
    From 1st may

May be off a trusted member on the forum could work..... But I still would not buy a watch and wait a year for the card. Each to the own I suppose should start a voting thread on buying with or without warranty card. Would have my money or more members won't buy without the card!!

Why? As has already been said, the watch can be repaired without the warranty card and if there was any question of who you purchased it from and where you have an eBay/PayPal/credit card audit trail as proof of purchase and ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Why? As has already been said, the watch can be repaired without the warranty card and if there was any question of who you purchased it from and where you have an eBay/PayPal/credit card audit trail as proof of purchase and ownership.
    He'll need to 'release funds'.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Incorrect as far as I am aware you need the warranty card to get the watch repaired when you take the watch to a AD.

All said each to there own if you really that desperate to want the watch and wait a year or so from some ADs for the card, and pay top premium and that's if you get the card after the wait!!!

Master
    Incorrect as far as I am aware you need the warranty card to get the watch repaired when you take the watch to a AD.

All said each to there own if you really that desperate to want the watch and wait a year or so from some ADs for the card, and pay top premium and that's if you get the card after the wait!!!

I don’t think you need the card to get any work done under warranty, they swipe the card at purchase to start the term and the serial number will do to verify

Warranty card at AD1.

Need warranty work done.

Take the watch to AD2.

If card needed - AD2 rings AD1 to confirm.

Warranty work done.

Warranty card at AD1.

Need warranty work done.

Take the watch to AD2.

If card needed - AD2 rings AD1 to confirm.

Warranty work done.
    Who says this is correct ? Can anyone confirm this ? Seems folk having a lot of guess work from purchasing a watch without a card

Master
    The only confirmation we have seen so far is going directly to Rolex St James. I would be surprised if ADs are that helpful of flexible

Who says this is correct ? Can anyone confirm this ? Seems folk having a lot of guess work from purchasing a watch without a card

Have you bought/are you buying a watch?

If so ask the AD, otherwise does it matter?

The only confirmation we have seen so far is going directly to Rolex St James. I would be surprised if ADs are that helpful of flexible
    If it becomes the norm to keep warranty cards think they will become flexible.

Have you bought/are you buying a watch?

If so ask the AD, otherwise does it matter?

If it becomes the norm to keep warranty cards think they will become flexible.
    No would not piss on well over Rrp without card not really arsed either way. Won't effect me as not interested in paying well over Rrp then hope to get a card in a year so I got more oil in my lamp.

I just cannot believe how folk are convincing themselves it's not a problem without card on so many levels also paying well over premium without the card!!

Master
    If I had all the money in the world and wanted one I’d refuse it the moment they tried that with me and tell them exactly why. Stubborn, yep definitely but it just perpetuates the madness and people need to give themselves a shake and wake up to the whole circus. Especially the people buying them at crazy prices above retail. What has actually happened! Blows my mind people are this ‘must have’ at all costs about a pretty mundane, mass produced watch.

The crazy thing is corrupt dealers taking back handers are half the trouble (and yes we’ve had proof of this on here with AD employee asking for a bung) or ‘mate’s’ buying them. And the AD’s then punish the genuine customer, the principal of it is enough for me to avoid buying. Some of them must be laughing the fact they’ve been up to no good and they get to blame someone else and impose terms of sale on them for something that’s not their fault.

Now all the same fuss is going to start with Tudor over the GMT and the BB 58

Wouldn’t surprise me if they rolled out the same sale stipulation on these sought after Tudor models too, surely it helps to fire people up and elevate the brand to God like status.

Craftsman
    I’ve taken a watch to be regulated at St James, it was under warranty, they didn’t ask for the card and I didn’t have it.

I handed the watch over, they gave me a drink, I sat in their very nice lobby for a short while, they handed back my watch.

You don’t need to hand over the card for warranty work. None that I’ve ever needed. Not at an AD, that I’ve ever used, and not at St James.

The card, to me, serves little more purpose than to be a ‘full set’ and to lend a mite more credibility to a seller.

That said, I wouldn’t buy from some randomer on the internet if they didn’t have it. It’s too much money and the lack of a card has traditionally been a reliable indicator of risk. So maybe the process is having the desired effect.

It does seem crap to hold the cards, but if I was buying I wouldn’t care and I’d suggest the only people who would are flippers and people with enough time on their hands to care about things that don’t matter. And more power to them, we should all be so lucky to have so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    If I had all the money in the world and wanted one I’d refuse it the moment they tried that with me and tell them exactly why. Stubborn, yep definitely but it just perpetuates the madness and people need to give themselves a shake and wake up to the whole circus. Especially the people buying them at crazy prices above retail. What has actually happened! Blows my mind people are this ‘must have’ at all costs about a pretty mundane, mass produced watch.

The crazy thing is corrupt dealers taking back handers are half the trouble (and yes we’ve had proof of this on here with AD employee asking for a bung) or ‘mate’s’ buying them. And the AD’s then punish the genuine customer, the principal of it is enough for me to avoid buying. Some of them must be laughing the fact they’ve been up to no good and they get to blame someone else and impose terms of sale on them for something that’s not their fault.

Now all the same fuss is going to start with Tudor over the GMT and the BB 58

Wouldn’t surprise me if they rolled out the same sale stipulation on these sought after Tudor models too, surely it helps to fire people up and elevate the brand to God like status.
    Why not buy the ADs, maybe Rolex too?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Got forwarded this. One of their watches was on eBay this week with all stickers and a lovely store card advertisement.

"Laings as a company have now changed their policy regarding the sale of professional Rolex watches and we are now incorporating a contract that has to be signed by the customer agreeing to not resell the watch within 3 years and for us to keep your guarantee card for the first year. The reason we are having to do this is to ensure these watches are not going straight to the second hand market for sale at a higher than retail value. We also cannot offer interest free credit terms on the remaining balance."

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I wonder how they would check whether I have sold my watch... do I have to come in every couple of weks for them to check? Or do they run sting operations with fake buyers? And all for what exactly? After all, they have no loss whatsoever...

Master
    This is going in circles, if you don't like the deal, give them the two fingers and go elsewhere.

Just think yourself lucky that they don't keep the watch but let you walk out with the paperwork.

You been drinking paint again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    This is going in circles, if you don't like the deal, give them the two fingers and go elsewhere.

Just think yourself lucky that they don't keep the watch but let you walk out with the paperwork.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You been drinking paint again?
    Stop stalking - it's tedious.

Get over yourself!

Stop stalking - it's tedious.

Master
    Get over yourself!
    No you just get over the stalking, you do it to me and a couple of others and it is creepy.

If you got a problem with me, just say it.

I reply to posts, just as you do.

You post stuff and opinionate as do I and others.

You have a relatively short history here, yet post as an expert - your call Mick, but it does not come across very well if I can be honest.

There is a community here amongst the angst which I think you do not recognise and have not engaged with.

Post away, but expect to be challenged - there are folks on here who have been around for a while who have seen the place (thankfully) grow but sometimes......

No you just get over the stalking, you do it to me and a couple of others and it is creepy.

If you got a problem with me, just say it.

Master
    I reply to posts, just as you do.

You post stuff and opinionate as do I and others.

You have a relatively short history here, yet post as an expert - your call Mick, but it does not come across very well if I can be honest.

There is a community here amongst the angst which I think you do not recognise and have not engaged with.

Post away, but expect to be challenged - there are folks on here who have been around for a while who have seen the place (thankfully) grow but sometimes......
    I don't mind being challenged, I don't mind being insulted but I draw the line at tedious stalking.

If you got a problem with me, just say it. If I got something wrong, just say so but knuckle dragging crap such as drinking paint comments and being followed around denotes you got a problem with me - so what is it.

What did you get wrong?

Mick, the forum has survived for years, with little if any intervention.

I no more follow you around than you me?.

I apologise if that’s how you feel but I was responding to your post - nothing more complex than that.

I don't mind being challenged, I don't mind being insulted but I draw the line at tedious stalking.

If you got a problem with me, just say it. If I got something wrong, just say so but knuckle dragging crap such as drinking paint comments and being followed around denotes you got a problem with me - so what is it.

Master
    What did you get wrong?

Mick, the forum has survived for years, with little if any intervention.

I no more follow you around than you me?.

I apologise if that’s how you feel but I was responding to your post - nothing more complex than that.
    OK - simple solution that I suggested well over a month ago. I will never respond to you or even mention you or comment on you. You return the compliment to me. Easy peasy.

I still fail to see why they don't just build to order, like many car makers.
    walk in, order your watch with a deposit, collect in 2 or 3 months, job done. They could even keep one of each in every AD to try on.
    no over/under supply, no grey market claptrap because anyone can get one.
    happy customers- all with warranty cards
    happy Rolex, not sat on unsold stock and probably gaining market share through increased availability (I'm sure a load of folks go and buy a Planet ocean or a Tudor just because they want a watch and they're available, whereas the Submariner they really want isn't)

I'm sure someone will tell me why not, but all joking aside, is this not the direction IWC are going with their factory ordered watches??? the car industry has some pretty cool last minute logistics where they assemble to order so I'm sure there's some potential in the watch industry, it's all manufacturing after all.
    Goat for Chairman!

We have managed for years without you and will continiue to do so.

Do what you will with your views and patronising approach.

OK - simple solution that I suggested well over a month ago. I will never respond to you or even mention you or comment on you. You return the compliment to me. Easy peasy.

Master
    We have managed for years without you and will continiue to do so.

Do what you will with your views and patronising approach.
    I have never claimed that this forum can manage without me, no one is that important, so that comment is complete and utter bullshit and a figment of your imagination.

Like I said, it is obvious you have a problem with me so best we just ignore each other, what you find so fascinating with me and find the need to make comments like drinking paint is rather puzzling to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I still fail to see why they don't just build to order, like many car makers.
    walk in, order your watch with a deposit, collect in 2 or 3 months, job done. They could even keep one of each in every AD to try on.
    no over/under supply, no grey market claptrap because anyone can get one.
    happy customers- all with warranty cards
    happy Rolex, not sat on unsold stock and probably gaining market share through increased availability (I'm sure a load of folks go and buy a Planet ocean or a Tudor just because they want a watch and they're available, whereas the Submariner they really want isn't)

I'm sure someone will tell me why not, but all joking aside, is this not the direction IWC are going with their factory ordered watches??? the car industry has some pretty cool last minute logistics where they assemble to order so I'm sure there's some potential in the watch industry, it's all manufacturing after all.
    Goat for Chairman!
    Perhaps the perception of the make would diminish if they churned them out? That would hurt residuals, I reckon. Much better to keep to production levels and maintain the level of desirability they clearly have.

Rolex aren’t striving to be the most popular watch in the world - they are striving for the best watch.

(I reckon)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Rolex aren’t striving to be the most popular watch in the world - they are striving for the best watch.

(I reckon)
    I think they are striving to be the most popular rather than the best. Their marketing department and strategy are genius - this is why we are constantly talking about them.

When they released the new Daytona, it was not with market leading technical changes - it was a pretty simple design change, and look what it did for the popularity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

(I reckon)
    I think they are striving to be the most popular rather than the best. Their marketing department and strategy are genius - this is why we are constantly talking about them.

When they released the new Daytona, it was not with market leading technical changes - it was a pretty simple design change, and look what it did for the popularity

‘Popular’ as in - highest selling (a la VW Golf)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Rolex evolution has always moved at a fairly glacial pace.
    If they suddenly released something with market leading technical changes I suspect folks would sh*t rather than scramble for it.

I don't think they give much of a hoot about steel sports to be honest. Bread and butter is DJs. Restricting the supply of steel and watching the market explode is quite canny if you can make more money by selling the pm models in lieu of ss.
    I can see the blro wg seeing a boost when the ss is released and unobtainable.