closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: “Pub in the park”. Marlow

Banned

“Pub in the park”. Marlow

As above, has anyone being previously and is it any good?

https://www.pubintheparkuk.com/marlo...209.1524550506
    Last edited by Sahara; 1st May 2018 at 09:51. Reason: Add link

Craftsman
    not my scene but people seemed to enjoy it last year...think the food is quite pricey

Craftsman
    I went last year, I think it was the first one they did. It was a very enjoyable day out, the dishes tended to be £5 for a decent taste of something and all were good quality, particularly the Kerridge dishes. Plenty of decent booze around as well.

It does work out reasonably expensive in the end with tickets, food and drinks but we had fun and I would go again. Plus there are some bands etc, we had Toploader headlining (with everyone just waiting for "Dancing in the Moonlight")!

Banned
    Thanks for the responses, have got tickets now for Saturday and Sunday.
    Bands, beer and good food, can’t be bad.

I heard of it last year but for some reason we didn't go. Parking is a nightmare in Marlow, so unless there is a dedicated plot 'in the field' to address the issue I do not want to know. (quite possibly it was the main consideration last year)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Sorry, I am going to dissent - I went last year on the Friday evening with the family & didn't think much of it.

Granted the weather didn't help BUT having to queue for 45 mins to an hour for the various food stalls was not my idea of fun. Think our family ticket cost £100 & what with the cost of the food and drinks, was a very expensive evening.

Having said that, Sophie Ellis Baxter was pretty hot!

Swerving it this year and attending Rock the Moor in Cookham instead!

Hope you have a good time!

Cheers

Paul

Banned
    Parking is sorted as a friend has a company in the middle of Marlow town with parking.
    We paid £220 for four tickets for Saturday and four for Sunday.
    When to “rock the moor” a couple of years ago, and had a good time.

Master
    I went last year on the Sunday pm session, we were in Newbury for the races on the Saturday and went there the day after before we went home. Really enjoyed it, good food at £5 a dish, loads of stalls with free samples and discounted prices. Watched a few demos, met Tom Kitchin and a few other chefs and then watches The Christians live. My wife drove last year so couldn't drink much but I had a few and loads of free booze samples.

Going again this year, sat am and pm, staying in Marlow this time and looking forward to it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    I heard of it last year but for some reason we didn't go. Parking is a nightmare in Marlow, so unless there is a dedicated plot 'in the field' to address the issue I do not want to know. (quite possibly it was the main consideration last year)
    there's a free park and ride on a local farm that drops you off a 5 min walk away

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dl_griff View Post
    there's a free park and ride on a local farm that drops you off a 5 min walk away
    Any link to the parking, my son and friends are driving?