closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand seiko prices

Craftsman

Grand seiko prices

Hi I'm confused about some grand seiko prices and was wondering if anyone could Help?
    I'm interested in the new 9f 25th anniversary qaurtz most places including ablogtowatch and hodinkee etc are quoting a price of $3400 the only place i can see it advertised in UK Stirling is jura and they're stating £3500 ?
    Even the grand seiko boutique London website doesn't show this model for sale on their website..
    Any info or actual prices from actual UK sellers would be great!!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Several people on TZ have bought this watch, from Japan or Timeless in the US. One was recently sold on SC at about £2,400. Jura do offer discounts quite often, or perhaps order from Timeless? Or try companies like Higuchi in Japan. They're not supposed to sell,to the UK, but.....
    If the London Boutique offers them, it won't involve any discount on the £3,500.
    Last edited by paskinner; 1st May 2018 at 08:54.

Master
    UK prices are higher due to VAT, and then some more it seems.

The SGBT241 I had was bought directly in Japan for 350,000 yen - the RRP. And I think US resellers are close to that figure.

The difference in price even with VAT is still around £600 so might even be worth going directly to Japan to get one!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The Glasgow AD has the SBGT241 for £3100.

Edit: Are Seiko UK's recent price revisions extending to GS? They've got the Snowflake on there at £5300, last I saw it was £5750.
    Last edited by Joe O'Brien; 1st May 2018 at 22:03.

Master

Discount!!

I’ve had discounts on Jura all the time, even on new releases?!?

If you put the watch in your basket and have it all the way to payment point but just leave it there, you get a message asking if they can help and it’s at this point you pretty much always get offered a discount?
    I was looking at this model too on jura!!

Chris

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the replies...definitely some food for thought...i got excited when I did the dollar to pound conversion and the price was reasonable, didn't occur to me that uk prices would be different!!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app