closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longines Hydroconquest

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    TBH although I’m sure he appreciated it, he’s just not a watch person. When I gave it him he said
    “Thanks, i’ll use that ......................for telling the time!”. At least now its getting worn everyday for everything.
    IMG_0451.JPGIMG_0452.JPG[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry about the quality of the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    IMG_0451.JPGIMG_0452.JPG[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry about the quality of the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Looks great in red. I haven't seen any on ebay, chrono 24 or anywhere else in that colour.
    I know what you mean about people's perceptions of watches, my dad would have been the same.

Apprentice

are there many fake hydroconquests about?

After having my 41mm quartz Hydroconquest for the last six months, I've reluctantly concluded it is probably too big for me (or at least my taste in sizes - I recently picked up a Scurfa Diver One which seems the perfect size for me). I would however like to try the 39mm version and would buy secondhand as I wouldn't lose much if I flip it.

Browsing fleabay I haven't come across many 39mm ones from private sellers, compare to the 'full size' models. I did come across a dealer who seems to sell quite a few (18 in the last year) but there were a few interesting features about his listings.

All the hydroconquest models he has sold are quartz and from what I can see from the pictures are L3.640 models which according to my googling are 39mm ones, the number on the bracelet also confirms the 19mm lugs. The dealer doesn't put the model number anywhere in the description. It does seem strange that he never sells the 'full size'model.

None of the watches come with boxes or manuals.

It is exactly the same wording in the body of the listings (fits an 8 inch wrist, date window at 3 o'clock etc etc)

The watches are described as 41mm cases with 20mm lugs, which is incorrect.

Looking at the address in streetview in Googlemaps, shows it to be a dodgy looking property letting agency in Walthamstow with very poor feedback. - Picture taken in March 2018, watch company has been trading since Feb 2018 with good feedback - maybe he lives in the flat above.

hence my question - is the world awash with dodgy HCs (and quartz Conquests as he also lists these), or have I been mixing with you cynical people far to long :)

I understand that the HC is quite frequently faked, so these could be hooky (I know nothing of the seller, so I'm not making any judgement either way)

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I understand that the HC is quite frequently faked, so these could be hooky (I know nothing of the seller, so I'm not making any judgement either way)

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    You don't know the name of the firm do you? I bought mine off Ebay and he had sold a lot of quartz models, mine included, without box or papers.
    When i bought it I'd been pipped at the post on Ebay so made my mind up to have the one i got.
    Alarm bells are now ringing.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    You don't know the name of the firm do you? I bought mine off Ebay and he had sold a lot of quartz models, mine included, without box or papers.
    When i bought it I'd been pipped at the post on Ebay so made my mind up to have the one i got.
    Alarm bells are now ringing.
    It was watchcompany-1. He might be totally legit (which is why I put my last post into my existing thread, rather than draw unwanted attention to someone who might be going about their lawful business, by starting a new thread).

I also bought mine second hand ebay off from a private seller. It came with a box and manual, but the seller couldn't find the original warranty card. I hope it's genuine as I want to resell it. I'm convincing myself that it is okay because the seller could have always provided a fake card as there appear to be loads of these floating around ebay as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryTDM View Post
    It was watchcompany-1. He might be totally legit (which is why I put my last post into my existing thread, rather than draw unwanted attention to someone who might be going about their lawful business, by starting a new thread).

I also bought mine second hand ebay off from a private seller. It came with a box and manual, but the seller couldn't find the original warranty card. I hope it's genuine as I want to resell it. I'm convincing myself that it is okay because the seller could have always provided a fake card as there appear to be loads of these floating around ebay as well.
    I went on Ebay before and checked and its them. They sell a lot of watches and i haven't seen any negative remarks!?!?
    I googled watchcompany-1 and got nothing
    They sold the watch as having been serviced and polished so i asked what the service entails but the answer i got didn't match the question

Apprentice

dodgy!

I went on Ebay before and checked and its them. They sell a lot of watches and i haven't seen any negative remarks!?!?
    I googled watchcompany-1 and got nothing
    They sold the watch as having been serviced and polished so i asked what the service entails but the answer i got didn't match the question
    I've just googled their company name "ancient balance ltd" rather than the ebay user name (watchcompany-1). I've cut and pasted the following link here.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...alance-limited

The link shows that there were originally two company directors (one has since resigned) and that the remaining director used to be linked to megawatchdepot ltd which was dissolved in June 2018. Googling this company name makes me suspect that the watch you have could well be dodgy :(

How long have you had it? If less than six months can you get it checked out reclaim via paypal if it proves to be a wrong 'un?

Master
    I've just googled their company name "ancient balance ltd" rather than the ebay user name (watchcompany-1). I've cut and pasted the following link here.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...alance-limited

The link shows that there were originally two company directors (one has since resigned) and that the remaining director used to be linked to megawatchdepot ltd which was dissolved in June 2018. Googling this company name makes me suspect that the watch you have could well be dodgy :(

How long have you had it? If less than six months can you get it checked out reclaim via paypal if it proves to be a wrong 'un?
    I've had the watch since September 30th.i googled that company and got Rafiq watch company. What's the relevance of 6 momths by the way?

Apprentice
    I've had the watch since September 30th.i googled that company and got Rafiq watch company. What's the relevance of 6 momths by the way?
    I read on a different thread somewhere (bike forum) that you could reclaim from paypal (chargeback?) up to 6 months afterwards if goods were fake, but I could be mistaken on this bit.

Master
    I read on a different thread somewhere (bike forum) that you could reclaim from paypal (chargeback?) up to 6 months afterwards if goods were fake, but I could be mistaken on this bit.
    I'm at work at the moment so I'll have to have a look at the serial numbers tomorrow. The case back as i recall did look the real McCoy

Master
    This was how my HC looked before i sent it back to watchcompany-1

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Master
    This was how my HC looked before i sent it back to watchcompany-1

I'm picking it up from the post office later and will put up the after pic.

Last edited by RD200; 23rd January 2019 at 16:11.

That crown doesn’t look right to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    Terryhat crown doesn’t look right to me.
    What do you see wrong with the crown?
    Last edited by RD200; 25th January 2019 at 11:26.

What do you see wrong with the crown?
    It could be the angle of the photos, but it looks different in profile to the crown on mine. I really like my HC, with the exception of one thing, and that is the shape of the crown. I find it extremely uncomfortable to use when winding and setting the time before wearing. The shape of it means it digs in to your fingers as you use it. The crown in the photos doesn't appear to have such a pronounced "lip" as mine.

Ian

BTW ... Not sure how you quoting my post changed "That" to "Terryhat" (whoever he is)! :-)
    Last edited by Ian_O; 25th January 2019 at 13:34.

Master
    Sorry about terrythat, i got a couple of minutes at work so tried to reply as quickly as possible.
    These pics (if the load) should show it a bit better

Master
    I think you can see the shape of the crown in this pic although my phone takes poor pics.

Master
    I really like the Hydroconquest and was about to buy a quartz version as a beater when my lovely wife spotted the jeweller had a quartz SMP300 and immediately offered to buy that for me instead.

It would have been rude to turn her down!

Master
    By the time I proved the 'Hydroconquest' I'd bought was fake, it was too late to get a refund.
    The seller, watchcompany-1 got shut down for selling fake tags, resurfaced under another name, shut down again and came back for a third try as worldofj62.
    At the same time that watchcompany-1 was selling fake stuff, a seller from Austria was doing the same, same adverts, pics and description.
    But the same model of fake 39mm Hydroconquest still pops up on Ebay and is there now, being sold by UK sellers.
    I've reported numerous fake Hydroconquests but they don't often get taken down.
    Do Ebay do anything about this fakery??