closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB GMT

Craftsman

Tudor BB GMT

Hi all,

I'm really loving the new BB GMT, there seems to be several release dates on tinternet. So does anyone a definitive release date?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm really loving the new BB GMT, there seems to be several release dates on tinternet. So does anyone a definitive release date?
    First deliveries late June/July. Then depends on the volumes which AD's will receive versus demand and whether any particular AD has a list. You are best off registering you interest with a dealer. I suspect they won't be thin on the ground after the initial hype.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    First deliveries late June/July. Then depends on the volumes which AD's will receive versus demand and whether any particular AD has a list. You are best off registering you interest with a dealer. I suspect they won't be thin on the ground after the initial hype.

I think they could well be thin on the ground in the early months as the initial interest will snaffle up the stock quite quickly - should settle down though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’ve been asked by WOS to expect a call in next few weeks to pay up 20% with delivery expected July

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I’ve been asked by WOS to expect a call in next few weeks to pay up 20% with delivery expected July
    Really don’t understand the whole deposit thing. Not like they wouldn’t sell, so I fail to see the reason for it. Bit odd. Goldsmiths asked for none...

Master
    I am going through a local family owned AD. Near top of the list and no deposit required.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Really don’t understand the whole deposit thing. Not like they wouldn’t sell, so I fail to see the reason for it. Bit odd. Goldsmiths asked for none...
    It's just to show some commitment. Loads will put their name on a waiting list and then drop out when the watch arrives, it even happens with in-demand models like the Speedy Tuesday. Plus one person can be on multiple waiting lists, they wouldn't do that if they had to pay 20% upfront.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies, I think the deposit thing may dissuade multiple reservations as well. I'm happy to pay a deposit as it will come off of the eventual price anyway.

Master
    I’ve just listened to old Archie Luxury and he is claiming customers have been told 2 years in the states?!? What sort of craziness is this?
    It must be BS if WOS are saying July

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    It's just to show some commitment. Loads will put their name on a waiting list and then drop out when the watch arrives, it even happens with in-demand models like the Speedy Tuesday. Plus one person can be on multiple waiting lists, they wouldn't do that if they had to pay 20% upfront.
    Tbh I’m happy to do if as it might propel me up the list . Sort of suits my finances to whack some up front

Craftsman
    I was told October for mine. No idea how far down I am on the list

Craftsman
    Deposit paid today. No firm date for delivery but a suggestion by myself of july/August seemed to be about right according to the AD.

The AD dis say they are not aware of what volume they will receive and customers who paid deposits will be first followed by those on the waiting list.

2 local AD's have tens of customers on the waiting lists. Even more crazy way the amount of interest in the Rolex pepsi GMT with hundreds of interest noted and lists closed already.

I am looking forward to seeing the Tudor GMT. A bit of colour in the collection will make for a nice change.

Journeyman
    Fraser Hart in One New Change London asked me for £1k deposit. Paid 12th April and that had me as 4th on the list with around another 12 below me with no deposit paid at the time. They had no firm dates at that time but suggested July/August was likely. No indication of likely delivery numbers either.

Craftsman
    Will Tudor start limiting steel sports like Rolex??

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I don't know, but I think by September / October they will be readily available.

The original BB was thin on the ground for a couple of months when it was launched and I remember an AD telling me they couldn't get the steel and Gold one when it came out and if I saw one I should snap it up. within a month they were in every AD's window. Same when they launched the heritage chronograph and how many do we see these days in the sales.

The BB GMT is a £2700 watch, too cheap for it to be in the interest of Tudor to limit supply or expensive enough for the London money boys to be getting over exited about it.

Just my view of course, which is worth jack s**t by the way.

I really like the BB GMT and will get one, but I'm happy to wait a month or two and let the hype settle down.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    Will Tudor start limiting steel sports like Rolex??
    I don't think so. The Tudor range are the Sports watches Rolex want you to buy. That seems to be why they've relaunched the Tudor and produced models closely matched to Rolex equivalents, whilst at the same time restricting supply of Rolex Sports models to stores.

I think it's a conscious effort to increase the average price of a Rolex to be more inline with AP/PP/VC/Hublot, by limiting lower cost pieces and making precious metal versions readily available.

I've no evidence to back this up, other than what I can see in my local AD window.

I don't think so. The Tudor range are the Sports watches Rolex want you to buy. That seems to be why they've relaunched the Tudor and produced models closely matched to Rolex equivalents, whilst at the same time restricting supply of Rolex Sports models to stores.

I think it's a conscious effort to increase the average price of a Rolex to be more inline with AP/PP/VC/Hublot, by limiting lower cost pieces and making precious metal versions readily available.

I've no evidence to back this up, other than what I can see in my local AD window.
    I agree that this seems a strong possibility but the issue Rolex has if they want to compete with those brands from a quality perspective is that Rolex watches are not as fine as the brands above. Even Hublot watches are finished materially better than a Rolex. What Rolex does of course have is unparalleled brand recognition and so this may offset the aforementioned quality disparity.

So I’m first on the list at my AD and call them today to see if they know when they will be in. And Sod’s law kicks in 🤣. Number unobtainable and store closed for refurbishment. Sheesh.

Can anyone confirm the UK RRP on the Tudor GMT ?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Can anyone confirm the UK RRP on the Tudor GMT ?

Ta
    £2790 on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    £2790 on the bracelet.
    Cheers

Watch Gallery in Covent Garden Piazza are asking for (and taking) a 50% deposit and when I asked last week they had 8 places left on their initial batch list of 18.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Watch Gallery in Covent Garden Piazza are asking for (and taking) a 50% deposit and when I asked last week they had 8 places left on their initial batch list of 18.
    My AD is only able to say June/July for early deliveries. Although top of their list I wonder whether the larger dealers will have deliveries before the independents?

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I was told June but who knows. My AD said he had a few intents for the GMT and none for the BB58 (which I was surprised about given their buzz online). I put my name down for a BB58, I did say I’d want to see it to be sure and he seemed happy with that. Think they’re pretty ‘cheap’ at £2500 rrp.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are definitely being shipped to AD's now as I have just been called and told the first one arrived today and I can collect immediately if I want it.

I do want it but I am not entirely sure I want to part with the cash right now. I shall sleep on it.

Craftsman
    A guy on the Tudor Watch Club on Facebook picked his up today. UK based unsure where.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk