closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-29 markings

PRS-29 markings

Quick question...

If one’s caseback read ‘523/16’, does that mean it’s the 523rd watch made by Timefactors in 2016, or 523rd PRS-29 ever made, or 523rd 29a ever made or?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 25th April 2018 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Quick question...

If one’s caseback read ‘523/16’, does that mean it’s the 523rd watch made by Timefactors in 2016, or 523rd PRS-29 ever made, or 523rd 29a ever made or?

Thank you in advance
    I believe it'll be the 523rd 29a made and it was made in 2016.

Master
    Interesting! Never noticed that on mine before, but it's usually obscured by a NATO. 116/10.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    So is that to say the 29s have a shared pool of numbers or both As and Bs count?

I'm laughing to myself about the arcane and needlessly specific nature of the question, but this hobby is about the little things...

Do we know how many 29s have been made? It sounds like a few thousand if at least 523 were made in 2016, and they've been available since (at least) 2010...

If Mr Platts wished to share the figures, I for one would be interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    So is that to say the 29s have a shared pool of numbers or both As and Bs count?

I'm laughing to myself about the arcane and needlessly specific nature of the question, but this hobby is about the little things...

Do we know how many 29s have been made? It sounds like a few thousand if at least 523 were made in 2016, and they've been available since (at least) 2010...

If Mr Platts wished to share the figures, I for one would be interested to know.
    Ha ha, you’ve actually misinterpreted every element of my answer!

I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected but I believe that your watch is the 523rd 29a to be made since they began production. Your particular watch happened to be made in 2016.

The 29b has it’s own and therefore separate numbering convention with its own production run.

Ha ha, you’ve actually misinterpreted every element of my answer!

I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected but I believe that your watch is the 523rd 29a to be made since they began production. Your particular watch happened to be made in 2016.

The 29b has it’s own and therefore separate numbering convention with its own production run.
    Haha, I see!

I did think that that would mean a rather high production run for a watch that is on the niche side of things...

Craftsman
    My 29a is 301/13.

Something I have asked about before is the movement, as a batch (mine included) came with case back markings for an ETA 2804 movement as opposed to the usual 2801. It only has one crown position to hack and adjust the hands so presumably the date complication was removed before assembly.