closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 269

Thread: What do you think of it so far?

  1. #101
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995


    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  2. #102
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,519
    That really does look good. If the yellow deeper like amber it might help legibility of the hand on that sub-dial. But that splash of colour and the overall look together looks spot on to me.

  3. #103
    Love the way the day/night indicator looks, if you want a less obvious but still colourful contrast, perhaps light blue/navy, or sand/brown (root-beer inspired)?

  4. #104
    Craftsman Dr.Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    California dreamin'
    Posts
    975
    I like it.
    But I love most chronos!
    I still need a PRS 5 though.
    Last edited by Dr.Brian; 21st May 2018 at 14:02.

  5. #105
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Love the way the day/night indicator looks, if you want a less obvious but still colourful contrast, perhaps light blue/navy, or sand/brown (root-beer inspired)?
    I tried pale blue but the yellow looks better (to my eyes).

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I tried pale blue but the yellow looks better (to my eyes).

    Eddie
    Fair, maybe light green (to match the lume)/dark green? Might co-ordinate well?

  7. #107
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Here it is with amber (Pantone 3514CP).



    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  8. #108
    That is looking very good

  9. #109
    Agree^, amber looks stunning

  10. #110
    Of all the colours I prefer the the Amber by some way


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    Grand Master seikopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    29,768
    Amber is much nicer. It also provides much better contrast with the white hand.

    I'd love to see a red central seconds hand, but i realise that might be a bit too far for some people.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

  12. #112
    It looks very good. The only thing that could keep me from buying it is the dimensions. Something like 40/41x47/48 would make i perfect, especially on the bracelet. I feel that it would be more refined in a smaller case..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralNilsson View Post
    It looks very good. The only thing that could keep me from buying it is the dimensions. Something like 40/41x47/48 would make i perfect, especially on the bracelet. I feel that it would be more refined in a smaller case..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Size is always contentious: no matter what size a watch is, some people will say it's too small whilst others will say it's too big. It's the same with strap or bracelet, fixed bars or springbars, sapphire or acrylic etc, etc, etc.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  14. #114
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,732
    I really like the amber colour... less jarring that the white and nice to have a splash of colour. I always wonder why the night indicator isn't lumed, to help reading that dial at night?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Size is always contentious: no matter what size a watch is, some people will say it's too small whilst others will say it's too big. It's the same with strap or bracelet, fixed bars or springbars, sapphire or acrylic etc, etc, etc.

    Eddie
    I know, i know. Considering that it is my only complaint i think it might do okay regardless..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #116
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Size is always contentious: no matter what size a watch is, some people will say it's too small whilst others will say it's too big. It's the same with strap or bracelet, fixed bars or springbars, sapphire or acrylic etc, etc, etc.

    Eddie
    Yes, its an endless debate as we all have our preferred target size, shape etc, etc and at some point someone [Eddie] has to go with what he feels best from all our comments! [or without our comments! ;) ]

  17. #117
    Craftsman Templogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shetland
    Posts
    475
    Amber looks nice.

  18. #118
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    401

    What do you think of it so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post

    I'd love to see a red central seconds hand, but i realise that might be a bit too far for some people.
    I think the amber looks good but instead of a red central Iíd highlight the amber via the tip of or the counter /back end of the second hand. Iím not sure what itís called but this should be clear enough.

    Maybe I donít know but I think the colour should be someplace else on the watch to pull it all together.
    Last edited by canuck; 21st May 2018 at 16:57.

  19. #119
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,519

    What do you think of it so far?

    Amber looks perfect, as does the rest of the watch. Iíve started saving.

  20. #120
    Craftsman scucivolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    429
    Apologies for the noobism.. I never considered a Precista, but I have to say, this concept looks Fantastic!! Iíll also do some research on the movement as Iíve never heard of it, thank you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #121
    Journeyman redhed18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    187
    If the yellow on the 24-hour subdial is supposed to represent daytime ...then shouldnít it be on the left side of the dial?

    As it stands it is black (dark) from noon to midnight...



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    If the yellow on the 24-hour subdial is supposed to represent daytime ...then shouldn’t it be on the left side of the dial?

    As it stands it is black (dark) from noon to midnight...


    Oh, haha, yes - with all my thinking about appropriate colours I'd missed that. Would presumably be horizontal from 6 to 18?


    Edit: returning to look at the Flightmaster, it had the indicator coloured the same way as the current drawing. I presume it depends how you split the day into halves, following the numbers or the daylight. Do think that from 6 to 18 would make more sense myself, but then Eddie may well disagree - perhaps on grounds of aesthetics?
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 21st May 2018 at 20:10.

  23. #123
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    If the yellow on the 24-hour subdial is supposed to represent daytime ...then shouldnít it be on the left side of the dial?

    As it stands it is black (dark) from noon to midnight...



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't understand this, surely from 12:00 round (clockwise!) to 6 is surely day. It certainly is on the 5100.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Oh, haha, yes - with all my thinking about appropriate colours I'd missed that. Would presumably be horizontal from 6 to 18?


    Edit: returning to look at the Flightmaster, it had the indicator coloured the same way as the current drawing. I presume it depends how you split the day into halves, following the numbers or the daylight. Do think that from 6 to 18 would make more sense myself, but then Eddie may well disagree - perhaps on grounds of aesthetics?
    As it is represents am/pm rather than day/night which should be divided horizontally.

  25. #125
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    3
    Any chance lume can be added to the seconds hand(s)?

  26. #126
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    You can either have it as a AM/PM indicator (0 - 12 and 12-24) or day/night (6-18 and 18-6) depending how you print the subdial and apply the hand.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  27. #127
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,055
    Sapphire bezel
    Sapphire crystal
    Amber subdial
    42mm Case
    Bracelet

    All sounds perfect to me. I even like the idea of aged lume.

  28. #128
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    10,620
    Personally I prefer the first images. I know the day/night indicator can add a bit of diversity and colour but really they're pointless; I always know whether it's day-time or night-time. For me it doesn't pass the 'so-what?' question:

    Admirer - "that's a nice looking watch, what does the coloured section represent"

    Wearer - "it tells me whether it's day-time or night-time."

    Admirer - "do you often have trouble understanding the difference?"

    Wearer - "er, no. Actually it is a bit pointless isn't it"

    It's how I would feel anyway.

  29. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Personally I prefer the first images. I know the day/night indicator can add a bit of diversity and colour but really they're pointless; I always know whether it's day-time or night-time. For me it doesn't pass the 'so-what?' question:

    Admirer - "that's a nice looking watch, what does the coloured section represent"

    Wearer - "it tells me whether it's day-time or night-time."

    Admirer - "do you often have trouble understanding the difference?"

    Wearer - "er, no. Actually it is a bit pointless isn't it"

    It's how I would feel anyway.

    Might as well make some use out of the 24hr indicator, no?

  30. #130
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Personally I prefer the first images. I know the day/night indicator can add a bit of diversity and colour but really they're pointless; I always know whether it's day-time or night-time. For me it doesn't pass the 'so-what?' question:

    Admirer - "that's a nice looking watch, what does the coloured section represent"

    Wearer - "it tells me whether it's day-time or night-time."

    Admirer - "do you often have trouble understanding the difference?"

    Wearer - "er, no. Actually it is a bit pointless isn't it"

    It's how I would feel anyway.
    I take it you won't be having one then :-)

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  31. #131
    Grand Master seikopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    29,768
    id love to see a touch of red on there .
    maybe on the subdial hands?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

  32. #132
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I take it you won't be having one then :-)

    Eddie
    I didn't say that ;)

    I'd buy the first example in a flash, it's just the day/night thing I don't like.

  33. #133
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,055
    Have you a rough indication on pricing, Eddie?

  34. #134
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Have you a rough indication on pricing, Eddie?
    You wonít get that until the day it appears in the shop.

  35. #135
    Definitely drawn to this one, the amber sub dial certainly adds something and I like both the new clasp designs.

  36. #136
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,768
    Have to say the day/night dial is a deal-breaker for me whatever the colour. It was just fine without.

    As Dave says a splash of red, perhaps on the subdial hands even as tips to the hands (perhaps including the second hand) might work, but the iteration prior to the day/night dial looked great to me.
    Last edited by SimonH; 1st June 2018 at 13:21.

  37. #137
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK (55.746,12.587)
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Personally I prefer the first images. I know the day/night indicator can add a bit of diversity and colour but really they're pointless; I always know whether it's day-time or night-time. For me it doesn't pass the 'so-what?' question:

    Admirer - "that's a nice looking watch, what does the coloured section represent"

    Wearer - "it tells me whether it's day-time or night-time."

    Admirer - "do you often have trouble understanding the difference?"

    Wearer - "er, no. Actually it is a bit pointless isn't it"

    It's how I would feel anyway.
    I can think of several practical uses :-)

    cave exploration, travel by submarine, space travel, as well extended stays in bunkers, or indeed wine cellars(!)

    Gert

  38. #138
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    A quick and dirty phone pic of the prototype from the manufacturer. I should have the prototype next week and will post more pics.



    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  39. #139
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    16,785
    I like this
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

  40. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    A quick and dirty phone pic of the prototype from the manufacturer. I should have the prototype next week and will post more pics.



    Eddie
    Thats lovely!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #141
    Grand Master TaketheCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    10,620
    Looks superb!

  42. #142
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    And on strap.



    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  43. #143
    Craftsman Templogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shetland
    Posts
    475
    Very nice, although I am not in the market for a chrono, but I especially like the bezel, very Blancpain 50 Fathoms.

  44. #144
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,519
    That really does look very special.

  45. #145
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,537
    Lovely. But may i ask why the day/night quadrant is illuminating midnight to midday, rather than the more usual 6 am to 6pm?
    The counterpoise on the second hand looks a tad large too.....
    Dave

  46. #146
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Lovely. But may i ask why the day/night quadrant is illuminating midnight to midday, rather than the more usual 6 am to 6pm?
    The counterpoise on the second hand looks a tad large too.....
    Dave
    If it works for Omega, it works for me.




    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  47. #147
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bournemouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    496
    That looks incredibly smart

  48. #148
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    If it works for Omega, it works for me.


    Eddie
    Interesting, fair point. Of course Mk 3 and 4 speedmasters shade the halves like i describe..........

  49. #149
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    45,995
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Interesting, fair point. Of course Mk 3 and 4 speedmasters shade the halves like i describe..........
    It's largely irrelevant. If it was supposed to indicate day/night, it would have to change as the seasons change. In winter it can be dark from 4PM to 9AM whilst in summer it's 10PM to 3AM. As it is, it indicates first half/second half of the day.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  50. #150
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    16,785
    Indeed. Itís a chronograph, not a GMT.
    Well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •