timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting photos, help needed

Posting photos, help needed

Ok, I feel like an idiot!

After posting regularly in this section, I do not know what to do now.

Ok it all started with the photobucket debacle. I do not need to explain further.

Then, for a while, I used tapatalk photo hosting, but a few months ago I could not use it anymore.

Then I went for smugmug, I am paying a lot but not as much as I would have in PB. Happy with it!

Ok, now I use the copy link option in smugmug, I use the usual [img][/img] link and nothing happens.

The issue is what I am doing wrong?

I also use SmugMug. What I do is select the size I want, click BBCODE, copy the complete code from the box. I then post this in the thread reply, but if you leave it like this it will link to the picture and also enable the picture to be clicked to view your gallery on SmugMug. To avoid linking to the gallery just delete everything before [img] and after [/img] in the link.

Posting photos, help needed

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by angeche; 22nd April 2018 at 21:07.

I think I need to work the image size in smugmug. And in tapatalk does not show, maybe the image size is too big for tapatalk to handle...

Quote Originally Posted by angeche View Post
    I think I need to work the image size in smugmug. And in tapatalk does not show, maybe the image size is too big for tapatalk to handle...
    I understand your frustration, I have recently failed miserably to post pics from my phone.
    Nigel

I just upload to a gallery, then in the gallery click a thumbnail which displays a larger version of the picture. Then I get a range of controls, eg. edit in Pic Monkey, Information, etc and when I click the "share" button I get a window with various selections to choose from and that's where I select the size and type of link I want.

Quote Originally Posted by angeche View Post
    The last image I uploaded was @ 4400 x 3000, approx 11mb on the mac and uploaded and linked no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post
    I understand your frustration, I have recently failed miserably to post pics from my phone.
    Nigel
    For some reason the SmugMug app doesn't seem to do linking. If I hadn't been able to link from my iPhone I wouldn't have gone with them, but as I use the iCab Mobile browser (far superior to anything else IMHO) I link via that, which is as fast and easy as from my mac. I think I'll contact SmugMug about this as it's a glaring omission.

And now the picture has dissappeared from the web version. I give up until I have more time to think...

I'm wondering if your gallery settings are amiss? In any gallery go to settings and look under "Visibility" it may be set to "Private", I have this set to "Unlisted (anyone with a link)" . In "Access" set it to "Anyone with a link" and see if this makes any difference. When I first signed up I had questions about the site and the Help people were very quick and helpful.