closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking Ticket

Master

Parking Ticket

My daughters boyfreind has just had this parking fine sent to him in the post. He did not have the Yellow envelope stuck to his windscreen, just this.

Is this a genuine fine or not.

Looking at the photograph, it is not a fine, but a parking charge notice.

He has two options: (1) pay it, or (2) fight it (using the information that can be found by searching on here, on pepipoo or on MoneySavingExpert).

I would strongly suggest that he does not ignore it (although doubtless somebody will come along with some out-of-date, incorrect information suggesting that they have ignored one of these in the past and didn't come to any harm).

This^
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Money saving expert was good for me. Eventually UKPC pulled the PCN. If he needs an idea as to what to consider I still have my old letters I could email for a base line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    As Philip K says, MSE advice also worked for me too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    [COLOR=#000080]I would strongly suggest that he does not ignore it (although doubtless somebody will come along with some out-of-date, incorrect information suggesting that they have ignored one of these in the past and didn't come to any harm).
    ]
    Yes, used to be able to ignore them and then the Government changed the law. Even the courts have supported these odious operators.

Just ignore it. Nothing bad will happen to you - but your bank account and credit score may ultimately be affected worse than paying it ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    pay or not, why did he get it?

Master
    I have successfully ignored them in the past but after a precedent setting muppet of a judge allowed one of these cowboy operators to successfully prosecute one you can no longer do this. As above investigate on the internet and see if there is anything to be done. I have had one overturned when overstaying at a meeting suite by contacting the hotel with proof of my reason for being in the car park and they did the rest so they can be avoided.

These systems all work using NPR cameras I've often wondered if an LCD shutter over front and rear plates activated whenever you enter a car park would be a good investment. There is no legal requirement to show number plates on private property (i believe) and these cowboys can only operate on private property so...
    Unfortunately some car parks now log your payment to your number plate (those using plastic rfid coils for example) so that could be an issue but for 'open' car parks like supermarkets and motorway services where they have silly 2 hour limits it's work a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    I have successfully ignored them in the past but after a precedent setting muppet of a judge allowed one of these cowboy operators to successfully prosecute one you can no longer do this. As above investigate on the internet and see if there is anything to be done. I have had one overturned when overstaying at a meeting suite by contacting the hotel with proof of my reason for being in the car park and they did the rest so they can be avoided.

These systems all work using NPR cameras I've often wondered if an LCD shutter over front and rear plates activated whenever you enter a car park would be a good investment. There is no legal requirement to show number plates on private property (i believe) and these cowboys can only operate on private property so...
    Unfortunately some car parks now log your payment to your number plate (those using plastic rfid coils for example) so that could be an issue but for 'open' car parks like supermarkets and motorway services where they have silly 2 hour limits it's work a treat.
    Why cowboys and do you think supermarkets should allow unlimited free parking to people visiting a town?

Master
    Cowboy because the fine bears no correlation to loss of business and costs. Have an overnight kip in your car an empty motorway service station car park? that'll be a £70 fine + admin thanks.
    Most supermarkets with large controlled car parks are out of town and a further walk than a good percentage of the population of car drivers would consider from town centers so casual free parking is minimal. Also I've spent longer than 2 hours shopping on crowded days - such as xmas holidays due to sharking the car park looking for a space (which counts thanks to the NPR camera being at the gate) and then battling huge queues.
    Cowboy because it's computerized from start to finish and now backed by legal precedent with little common sense in the process.

My experience is the opposite - the only supermarkets I've seen with controlled parking have been in city centres. Why would an out of town store need to limit parking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    My experience is the opposite - the only supermarkets I've seen with controlled parking have been in city centres. Why would an out of town store need to limit parking?
    They don’t but they still do (although I can’t account for every location). The cost of a PCN is punitive which I understand only a Statutory Notice can be. Their charges are based on a loss of business which is ridiculous since their business is giving out PCN’s and collecting the revenue. They get no income from the land owner - quite the opposite. This is their fundamental flaw insofar as they have to prove what business they’ve lost which they’re unable to do. In my experience they refuse to prove or disclose due to the ‘sensitive’ nature but really they’re unable to evidence any loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk