closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Well this was an unexpected spot in the Omega Boutique

Well this was an unexpected spot in the Omega Boutique

After all the hype and speculators I wasn’t expecting to see the full set of Heritage Omegas, Speedmaster, Seamaster and Railmaster, all together in an Omega Boutique! I was under the impression that these were all sold out and unavailable at RRP, even if I do think these are silly prices.

At first, I though it must be a Trilogy Set but no just one of each individual model with a copy of the Speedy Tuesday magazine!

The Speedy is still the pick of the bunch for me but even at €6600 in Berlin, it is still way too rich for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paw3001; 15th April 2018 at 16:11.

I had a Speedy and sold it, it feels a mistake but it was getting to Rolex money and I much prefer Rolex as brand. Saying that, those three watches are the best Omega have done for a very long time if you ask me.

Grand Master
    I find it strange how on some lower end brands faux patina tends to generate negative comments,and yet an higher end brand as in this case Omega it seems not to!.

I can think of my recent Hamilton mechanical,that IMO was done sympathetically,and again IMO as nice as the Omegas here.

I do think some have a colour that doesn't quite look convincing,but some do and yet..........well as said above.

These do look spot on tho......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I find it strange how on some lower end brands faux patina tends to generate negative comments,and yet an higher end brand as in this case Omega it seems not to!.

I hate all three of these. The piss lume is only one bad thing about them.

Craftsman

Not unexpected

I would have agreed that a few months ago this would have been an unexpected sight but as the initial desire has waned on these re issues, the availability is there.

The Seamaster in my opinion is the best of the trilogy, it has the best balance between the watch case and the thick clasp, with the thick clasp not transferring well in the proportions of the Speedmaster & Railmaster. Everyone I think has turned their focus to next year and the 50th Anniversary moon landings speedy.

Would not be surprised in the future years if you saw AD’s putting the railmaster into their end of season discount section. Beautiful little watch but not at £5k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    The Seamaster in my opinion is the best of the trilogy...
    The stargate bezel kills that watch. It's ugly on this

and a deal killer on this

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I always that apart from the faux patina, stargate style pip, skinny bezel insert, overly long lugs, case that’s too flat and a terrible bracelet, this one’s a winner.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had the chance to buy the Seamaster at my AD and bought/returned the Speedmaster at another.

The bezel and clasp put me off on the Seamaster even though the size was perfect.

Maybe I could have forgiven the clasp on the Speedmaster but I just didn't think it was worth the premium over the standard one which I have.

None of them seem nearly as hard to obtain as everyone thought they would be, even the Speedmaster which is the pick of the bunch imo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I always that apart from the faux patina, stargate style pip, skinny bezel insert, overly long lugs, case that’s too flat and a terrible bracelet, this one’s a winner.
    Nicely put!

Well they aren't super limited are they? 3557 pieces per model is loads to go around, and while it takes time to make them and get them to dealers I doubt they will keep their value as other more desireable and more limited models did.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    Well they aren't super limited are they? 3557 pieces per model is loads to go around, and while it takes time to make them and get them to dealers I doubt they will keep their value as other more desireable and more limited models did.
    They certainly were a few months ago with prices hitting £7k+.

Whilst I agree that an edition of 3557 is more than some of the editions put out at 2000-3000 it is still rare and rarer still to see all three together!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    They certainly were a few months ago with prices hitting £7k+.

Whilst I agree that an edition of 3557 is more than some of the editions put out at 2000-3000 it is still rare and rarer still to see all three together!

Well yea, at start when only few were available they were commanding premium, but now they will probably suffer same if not worse fate as SpeedyTuesday.

I saw 2 at a AD in York, so they must still be a few available

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The Seamaster is the pick of the three for me, by a country mile!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    The Seamaster is the pick of the three for me, by a country mile!
    Life would be boring if we all liked the same things :)

Blog Entries
    Well yea, at start when only few were available they were commanding premium, but now they will probably suffer same if not worse fate as SpeedyTuesday.
    I don’t get this. I know the Tuesday isn’t a forum favourite and never does well in sales here, but surely anyone who wants to sell would recoup list price at least ?
    So worse fate than breaking even ?
    That’s nearly every watch I’ve ever owned !

Well this was an unexpected spot in the Omega Boutique

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    I don’t get this. I know the Tuesday isn’t a forum favourite and never does well in sales here, but surely anyone who wants to sell would recoup list price at least ?
    So worse fate than breaking even ?
    That’s nearly every watch I’ve ever owned !
    Guess it depends, everyone is selling to make quick buck now it even dipped bellow retail, once the market settles it who knows.. For me it is just overpriced dial, I would rather buy 321 Speedmaster.

Banned
    Guess it depends, everyone is selling to make quick buck now it even dipped bellow retail, once the market settles it who knows.. For me it is just overpriced dial, I would rather buy 321 Speedmaster.
    What a load of rubbish, it’s still sells for £500 over list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    What a load of rubbish, it’s still sells for £500 over list.
    Dunno I am pretty sure I saw some for retail or slightly under, could be mistaken.

Blog Entries
    Dunno I am pretty sure I saw some for retail or slightly under, could be mistaken.

The 60th yes but never seen a Tuesday below retail

love omega

but I have to agree
    as the hype has died down so has demand

nice watch but overpriced in my opinion

s/s rolex for not much more

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wits View Post
    but I have to agree
    as the hype has died down so has demand

nice watch but overpriced in my opinion

s/s rolex for not much more
    Show me the s/s Rolex chrono for not much more?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Show me the s/s Rolex chrono for not much more?
    Exactly. Can’t ignore the complication when comparing, even if we don’t use the function. Regardless of whether they command a premium or not, I like mine a lot. Works well on bracelet, leather and NATO strap for me.

Master

You are indeed correct.
    You are mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Exactly. Can’t ignore the complication when comparing, even if we don’t use the function. Regardless of whether they command a premium or not, I like mine a lot. Works well on bracelet, leather and NATO strap for me.

Great images.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post

Got to say that does look good