closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Dynamic.

Grand Master

Omega Dynamic.

This was offered to me yesterday in a trade.......and so it's now mine.

Not an Omega we see much of on here.

[url=https://postimages.org/][

They seem well like, but for some reason this series of Dynamics never appealed to me personally. The second hand looks quite neat though :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They seem well like, but for some reason this series of Dynamics never appealed to me personally. The second hand looks quite neat though :)
    As with many watches,rather a whole lot better when up close and on the wrist.Does wear well tbh.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    I do like that ! Any pilot would be delighted to wear it ! Clear and precise.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Vary nice!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    I do like that ! Any pilot would be delighted to wear it ! Clear and precise.

Might have to let the Pilots see it when I'm at work tomorrow hey.....

yes, That is a very nice looking watch.

Looks great on the bracelet too. Most of the ones Ive seen , have been on straps.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Deffo ! I used to sell a lot of watches that way years ago at Portobello Market.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Deffo ! I used to sell a lot of watches that way years ago at Portobello Market.

Most of the Pilots I see are into watches,one chap collects Seikos but I have to say many do wear Breitling.A Ryan air Pilot I was chatting with about watches mentioned he was thinking about an Hublot next!.

I've unfortunately had to pass on several of those over the years, never the right time to change or just plain skint. They are very nice looking watches.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Most of the Pilots I see are into watches,one chap collects Seikos but I have to say many do wear Breitling.A Ryan air Pilot I was chatting with about watches mentioned he was thinking about an Hublot next!.
    A lot seem to prefer Seiko for some reason. I guess they buy them cheap when in Japan.
    My own instructor wore a 60s Seiko 5 given to him by his dad. "Useless for navigation" he said !

I have always had a soft spot for these, and that example looks great.

Good trade!

Dave

They were the unloved ginger stepchild of the Omega range when they were new. Dealers couldn't give them away.

They've found fans in the years since, though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    They were the unloved ginger stepchild of the Omega range when they were new. Dealers couldn't give them away.

They've found fans in the years since, though.
    Exactly this, at the time I really didn't care for them but now I could definitely be persuaded.

Master
    I love mine, one of my very favourite watches and it is up against plenty of supposedly more illustrious opposition. Owned for nearly 20 years, definitely a permanent keeper, apart from the 3 months I lent it to a military pal who took it up in a BAE Hawk on multiple occasions.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I have always had a soft spot for these, and that example looks great.

Good trade!

Dave
    Its in impeccable condition,my guess it's not be worn much at all......

But then most of mine are nice,just reloaded postimage and it seems ok........for now yippee.

Last edited by P9CLY; 15th April 2018 at 17:56.

Grand Master
    Just seeing if it's still uploading.......nope it's at it yet again,I tried to upload my Tudor and this came instead!.

Grand Master
    Damn damn damn!!!!.Its defeated me yet again,stuff it!.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 15th April 2018 at 18:04.

I, like Padders, have owned mine for nearly 20yrs. Its a bit small at 36mm but the dial is fantastic and that's the reason its still here. Also owned the Chrono for a short time but could never warm to the misallingned crown & chrono pushers due to the add-on chronograph module. I thought this totally spoiled the watch and I must admit to being amazed that they are selling for £1500+

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I, like Padders, have owned mine for nearly 20yrs. Its a bit small at 36mm but the dial is fantastic and that's the reason its still here. Also owned the Chrono for a short time but could never warm to the misallingned crown & chrono pushers due to the add-on chronograph module. I thought this totally spoiled the watch and I must admit to being amazed that they are selling for £1500+
    Yes I too owned the chrono but moved it on as I never bonded with it. The case looked over heavy/chunky an the pusher alignment bugged me no end. My 3 hander was getting a little tatty but it had a STS service a few months ago along with the bracelet and came back looking as new.

Master
    More's the pity. They're really belting good watches. Still miss my chrono.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    More's the pity. They're really belting good watches. Still miss my chrono.
    I also had the chrono version and for the same comments above it soon moved on.

I’ve owned two of those. Bought, sold, regretted...bought, sold, regretted.

Should have kept hold of one...both that I owned were lovely full sets with bracelets.

The only other watch I seem to do the same with is the Longines Heritage Conquest...think I’ve been through three of them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love the dial font and, especially, the date wheel font.

Master
    The lovely Targa Florio edition appears to have almost doubled in price over the last few years . All the 90’s Dynsmic models are a good buy I’d say

Blog Entries
    I do like those. Omega are missing a trick not having a current pilot style watch in their range.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’ve owned two of those. Bought, sold, regretted...bought, sold, regretted.

Should have kept hold of one...both that I owned were lovely full sets with bracelets.

The only other watch I seem to do the same with is the Longines Heritage Conquest...think I’ve been through three of them.
    What a coincidence!,I traded my Heritage Conquest last night and just got it back in another trade...lol.

Oh and just keep a look out on sc....it might not be a keeper,you might get one yet again hey.

Craftsman
    I always liked the 90's Dynamics, had both a three hand and chrono one. I vaguely recall there were two subtly different versions of the chrono.

Like many watches, unloved at the time but no doubt will change hands for silly money in the future.

Anybody remember the Zeno Phantom which was a bit of a look-a-like and came out later on?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobelurch View Post
    I always liked the 90's Dynamics, had both a three hand and chrono one. I vaguely recall there were two subtly different versions of the chrono.

Like many watches, unloved at the time but no doubt will change hands for silly money in the future.

Anybody remember the Zeno Phantom which was a bit of a look-a-like and came out later on?
    There were tritium and SL dial versions and some differences in the minute sub dials on the chrono. There was also the very different Targa version too. Usually watch purists prefer the look of faded tritium if given the choice but I don't particularly like how these fade and prefer the clean look of the Superluminova as seen on both the 3 handers on this thread, like other 90s Omegas, the dials on the tritiums fade to a darker beige than the hands which remain greener.
    Last edited by Padders; 16th April 2018 at 07:34.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobelurch View Post

I owned the Zeno Phantom a few years ago, nice little watch and the closest I got to owning the Dynamic.

Dave

I had one on leather a long time ago. Great piece and sold it to a friend who never wore and he then sold it on without letting me know. Gutted as I’d have had it back in a heartbeat :-(

I've missed a couple of opportunities in the past to pick one of the three handers up for an absolute bargain, but both occasions were terrible timing so had to let them pass.

One of those I will always regret, I do prefer the chrono versions though, the offset doesn't bother me in the least and I love those funky pushers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I've missed a couple of opportunities in the past to pick one of the three handers up for an absolute bargain, but both occasions were terrible timing so had to let them pass.

One of those I will always regret, I do prefer the chrono versions though, the offset doesn't bother me in the least and I love those funky pushers.
    Surely a service would have sorted that? Probably why they were cheap. Mine keeps very good time and the movement is basically the ETA 2892 so nothing weird and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Surely a service would have sorted that? Probably why they were cheap. Mine keeps very good time and the movement is basically the ETA 2892 so nothing weird and wonderful.
    Sorry, meant terrible timing for me to buy, not the watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post

I think C-B has the chrono version, prices have risen quite a lot as my understanding is that they were not initially well received when launched.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Nice trade Paul and I did smile when I saw you'd taken the Longines back. I'm in the camp of increasingly appreciating these. Then again I've a soft spot for the slightly unusual/unloved... wonder what Freud would make of that!

Grand Master
    I`ve owned a 3 hand Dynamic for a few years, just worn it for a couple of weeks whilst away on holiday and it's still on my wrist. An excellent watch IMO, nice straightforward ETA-based movement that's easy to service and capable of excellent results. Mine's running at around +1 secs/day........enough said! I restored this one from a pile of parts for the previous owner who then decided to put it up for sale; I was delighted to take the watch at the asking price. Only reason I hadn`t tried to buy it was the conflict of interest situation, so when it went on SC I bit his hand off with no hesitation.

The 36mm size is ideal for me, if I was planning to scale the collection down and raise some funds this would be one of the very last I`d let go because it's such a great everyday wearer. The lume's excellent too; mine's a superluminova version so the lume's still good and everything matches OK despite the watch being 20 yrs old.

As for prices, these watches rose quite sharply in value a few years back so they're no longer cheap. The quirky 'pencil tin' original packaging adds to the value too. It's ironic that Omega struggled to sell them back in the day, if this design was re-released I think it would prove popular.....but Omega would ruin it by making it too big, too thick and way too expensive to match current trends!

The only minor criticism I have is the oversized crown (looks too big for the case) and the date window that spoils the symmetry of the dial somewhat. No date and a smaller crown would've been nicer.

Paul

Have always liked these Omegas, although just a bit small for me at 36mm and prices have increased quite a lot over recent years.

Chrono owner here... I remember throwing the pencil tin out as it was taking space!
    In my experience, the chrono version is pretty fragile - when i was using it daily it would need servicing every 18 months or so as it just stopped or the chrono return was misaligned.
    Still a great looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by swisstony View Post
    Chrono owner here... I remember throwing the pencil tin out as it was taking space!
    In my experience, the chrono version is pretty fragile - when i was using it daily it would need servicing every 18 months or so as it just stopped or the chrono return was misaligned.
    Still a great looking watch.
    It was a DD chrono module bolted to an ordinary movement hence the offset pushers.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Regarding not being appreciated at the time - I recall a local jewellers knocking out the three handers for £200 and the chrono's for £300.

The bracelets are hair pullers too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    It was a DD chrono module bolted to an ordinary movement hence the offset pushers.
    Rumour back in the day was that Swatch never bothered servicing/repairing those troublesome DD modules when they went south, they just binned them and fitted another.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Rumour back in the day was that Swatch never bothered servicing/repairing those troublesome DD modules when they went south, they just binned them and fitted another.
    Indeed they did.

Super complicated things with a million jewels, I don't think they were considered serviceable. Cheaper just to replace.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Grand Master
    The Omega version of the DD module is nowhere near as difficult to work on as people claim. Parts were always available for them till the recent Swatch Group silliness took hold. However, I can understand the service centres swapping them over rather than strip them, they are a bit fiddly and involved.

The ETA version, used by TAG and others, is more difficult to work on, I`m reliably informed that a special jig is needed. Not so for the Omega, I`ve had one apart and it wasn't daunting although having a copy of the service manual helped a lot. Only problem is the worry of losing a part and being unable to replace it, some of the parts are tiny and no matter how careful you are the risk of losing one is always present.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I think C-B has the chrono version, prices have risen quite a lot as my understanding is that they were not initially well received when launched.
    Not anymore - I sold it to a mate off-forum. It's a great watch but I don't especially miss it (buying two UG vintage chronos has probably eased the pain).
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

liking it

This was offered to me yesterday in a trade.......and so it's now mine.

like it on the metal

its a grower indeed

Well if he was thinking about getting a Hublot, I'd have to question if he was into watches...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgecko View Post
    Well if he was thinking about getting a Hublot, I'd have to question if he was into watches...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hence my ! some people have no taste.

Craftsman
    I love these Dynamics.

Here's a pic of my Omega Dynamic Chrono Targa Florio.

Grand Master
    Can`t remember seeing one of these before....every day's a school day