closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quick & Dirty State of... or just a State

Quick & Dirty State of... or just a State

Not quite a complete set as a lot are now on the other side of the planet, but I’ve been to the safe yesterday so thought I’d take a quick few shots tonight.

Omega

Rolex & Co.

Seiko

5 of my favourites
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    That’s incredible... seriously cool. What are your main wearers?

Breathtaking!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A very impressive collection. I’d be tempted to cut it back to just the Patek and the GO for daily wear and the Landmaster as a beater....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Not quite a complete set as a lot are now on the other side of the planet, but I’ve been to the safe yesterday so thought I’d take a quick few shots tonight.

Omega

Rolex & Co.

Seiko

5 of my favourites
    Wow! 👍

That is a seriously impressive collection, in no way am I jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    That’s incredible... seriously cool. What are your main wearers?
    Main wearers are probably too many generally:

WG Daytona, DSSD, 16600 SD, 16610LV (white black insert), 14060 CSOC, or any Seamaster (the Black SMPc is my current favourite).

Although I’ve been wearing the Patek a lot more recently, along with the DJ2, and wear the GO to most board meetings.

Ive worn the non-date Sub all this week, and last week it was the Bi-metal SM300 most days.

Crazy to think that before last year I didn’t have a Seiko in the collection anymore.

Master
    Main wearers are probably too many generally:

WG Daytona, DSSD, 16600 SD, 16610LV (white black insert), 14060 CSOC, or any Seamaster (the Black SMPc is my current favourite).

Although I’ve been wearing the Patek a lot more recently, along with the DJ2, and wear the GO to most board meetings.

Ive worn the non-date Sub all this week, and last week it was the Bi-metal SM300 most days.

Crazy to think that before last year I didn’t have a Seiko in the collection anymore.
    Haha, love it. Half of your daily wearers aren’t even pictured .

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Haha, love it. Half of your daily wearers aren’t even pictured .
    I’m sure only two of those mentioned as dailies aren’t there, the first two, but I got to enjoy wearing them last month before returning to the cold, so they are still fresh in my mind.

Journeyman
    Really impressive collection you have. I like the look of the two tone constellation globemaster. Is that a black or navy blue dial? Impressive sub collection also

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Great collection, think that’s my old Explorer II :)

Bet when you get the Aqua it will heavily join your daily’s...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post
    Really impressive collection you have. I like the look of the two tone constellation globemaster. Is that a black or navy blue dial? Impressive sub collection also

Navy blue. I love it, although I had to request an additional link for it, as my wrist swells slightly in summer or in Oz. Omega provided an new bi-metal link to the AD for free

Journeyman
    Navy blue. I love it, although I had to request an additional link for it, as my wrist swells slightly in summer or in Oz. Omega provided an new bi-metal link to the AD for free
    Really nice mate. Glad to hear it’s navy blue. Bet it’s stunning when the light hits it. Also a real bonus with the extra free link

Quote Originally Posted by Scott88 View Post
    Really nice mate. Glad to hear it’s navy blue. Bet it’s stunning when the light hits it. Also a real bonus with the extra free link

It really is very nice, a similar look to the Rolex DJ burst dial but a lot darker - it’s about the only blue dial Omega where I don’t hate the date wheel, as there isn’t a great deal of difference in colour unlike the lighter blue dials. The pie pan angles also help add a lot to the look for me.

Master
    That’s a serious and gorgeous collection Scott, too many I like for me too mention but my favourite is the 16610LV with the B&W insert. Just wish I put that insert on my LV then perhaps I might not have sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    That’s a serious and gorgeous collection Scott, too many I like for me too mention but my favourite is the 16610LV with the B&W insert. Just wish I put that insert on my LV then perhaps I might not have sold it.
    Cheers Lee. I’ve kept one with the green, and one with B&W. I only really wear the B&W one, and it’s my favourite Submariner ever. Shame they didn’t do a maxi dial sapphire non-date Sub at the same time though.

Craftsman
    Love the PanoInverse -- as you say: perfect for board meetings

Journeyman
    It really is very nice, a similar look to the Rolex DJ burst dial but a lot darker - it’s about the only blue dial Omega where I don’t hate the date wheel, as there isn’t a great deal of difference in colour unlike the lighter blue dials. The pie pan angles also help add a lot to the look for me.
    Sounds lovely. The sunburst dials are always nice. I will have to be on the look out next time I’m in the AD to see this in person. Great collection you have

Master
    Shame they didn’t do a maxi dial sapphire non-date Sub at the same time though.
    Couldn’t agree more Scott, many of us were calling for it but as ever Rolex firmly do what they believe is best and that’s that.

Journeyman
    Wow.... just wow!

I love the omega collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Stunning collection!

I think you need another Seamaster:)

Craftsman
    Got better and better scrolling down the picture. Brilliant collection. I should buy more watches..

Master
    A great bunch there Scott - unsuprisingly a lot that I would happily have, or have had. We are men of discerning taste.

Love the way that a Patek happens to just raise it's head in the last shot - LOL.

When you're next on the under/other side of the world you'll have to do an update from there...

Cheers Alun. I will definitely try and remember to get a group shot of the upside down ones - I’ve slowly been moving some over there, so that I have some to wear when I’m staying there, and the long term keepers and ones I’ve never worn are there too now.

WOW!!
    That is one awesome looking collection.
    I love your taste, many there that I would love to have.
    Congratulations Scott.

What a fantastic collection. Love the box of omega,you've definitely earned your name omegamanic!

Craftsman
    Great collection obviously - what else could one say here, really? I always love to see the Baby Ploprof, what a brilliant watch, I prefer its more under-the-radar cool to the in-your-face cool (nothing wrong with that) of the Daddy Prof. It made me wonder, though: is the Olympic SMP that much bigger or bolder than the regular one, or is it just the angle of the photo?

I need a lie down after looking at this collection. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    What a fantastic collection. Love the box of omega,you've definitely earned your name omegamanic!

Cheers

Only in the last 18 months really though, as I used to have far more Rolex to Omega. It was always around 40% Rolex to 25% Omega and then 35% bits and pieces.

But yes, now far more Omega and there are a good few more SMP's in Oz too.

Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    Great collection obviously - what else could one say here, really? I always love to see the Baby Ploprof, what a brilliant watch, I prefer its more under-the-radar cool to the in-your-face cool (nothing wrong with that) of the Daddy Prof. It made me wonder, though: is the Olympic SMP that much bigger or bolder than the regular one, or is it just the angle of the photo?
    The 70's case is the so called SHOM200 in LHD with plop prof hands fitted. Still virtually unworn, with bracelet still in the cellophane, but with a Ploprof clasp fitted to it.

The Rio 2016 is exactly the same size as all the other SMP300m divers in the box though.

I agree, thats pretty impressive!

Craftsman
    Great collection. I'd be happy to own any of those boxes as my only set.
    Interestingly the Globemater caught my eye, and I've not really paid much attention to it in the past.

Blog Entries
    That’s a retirement fund right there!

Well assembled collection and, of its type, really impressive!

That's a seriously nice collection, and one anyone would be proud to own. And as Wolfie says, what a great retirement fund.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Very nice collection! I just showed my wife -planting seed that 5 watches really aren’t that many!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    That’s a retirement fund right there!

Well assembled collection and, of its type, really impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    That's a seriously nice collection, and one anyone would be proud to own. And as Wolfie says, what a great retirement fund.

I’ve never really thought of the watches as a retirement fund until very recently, as I get a lot of enjoyment from owning them. But, after selling up a lot of them a few years ago to pay off the mortgage, I’ve been thinking of better uses for the value in them, maybe put some towards a small rental property, or build a small holiday accommodation unit. However at the rate I sell it would probably take me 5 years to get around to it - I will try and reduce numbers, if just a little before this year is out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    Very nice collection! I just showed my wife -planting seed that 5 watches really aren’t that many!

Glad to be of some help - but I think anywhere between 1 and 11 expensive ish watches is the limit, 3-5 would be nice.

Some very nice kit there.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Very decent collection there! I like the ploprofs, monster watches

The ploprofs actually wear exceptionally well on the left wrist, due to the no extended lugs square case, and left hand crown guard. It also helps that they are about the best made Omega watches that I've ever owned I really rate them very highly.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 15th April 2018 at 14:36.

Wonderful collection, love it!

Craftsman
    Have to say lovely collection. I’ve got 3 watches, I think 5 would be my max.

Blog Entries
    Very comprehensive set there Scott! I’m now down to less than 6 which is alarming - I liquidated two high value and waiting on a 5176A that should be with me in June - long time coming - difficult not to trade on one before then.

Not much longer for you to wait!

I'm still waiting for my 5167, patiently. I'm really looking forward to it though, and I'm guessing it would replace the Seikos in my collection quite well.

Scott

If you ever want to move your terra nova on let me know......

You know there is a very similar LE model just launched that you might be able to get a good deal on?

https://www.bremont.com/au/watch/endurance/27132

Serious collection Scott! Nice to see the Olympic seamaster, lovely aren’t they :)

Cheers Alex. I love them. The dial is fantastic. Your GMT II BLNR is very nice too! I was at Basel when the model was launched and promised myself one, but always put off buying - then Brexit, the limited UK supply, and my local AD losing Rolex!!

Master
    Great collection. I have an itch to try a ploprof but I have never seen one for sale so have not so much as tried one on yet. How do they wear as they look mega chunky?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

As above...

I think they wear very well. Especially on a GGB Velcro Strap. But then my wrists are around 7.75. I’m sure they would be fine on anything over 7, as they are square with no extended lugs. LHD crown is also comfortable on a left wrist.