closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines VHP GMT

Longines VHP GMT

Let’s be clear right from the start. Longines hasn’t made a smartwatch. Its watches are by no means reliant on a mobile device to operate, nor do they require one to augment functionality. But the forthcoming Conquest V.H.P. GMT uses some very impressive technology to increase its time-telling accuracy, and takes advantage of the humble smartphone to make life a little easier. Remember, it’s not a smartwatch, but it is a smart watch.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/wearables/time-obsessed-tech-infused-longines-conquest-watch-takes-accuracy-to-the-next-level/
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 7th April 2018 at 21:37.

Oddly I cannot add anything to the opening post....

Seems a well featured HAQ and GMT to boot:

Watches can lose time when they’re get absorb any type of shock — like when you accidentally bump it on a wall. Longines Gear Position Detection system (GPD) utilizes the IC and the motor to check and readjust the time, ensuring it’s always correct. It not only registers shocks, but every 72 hours at 3am — a time chosen because the watch most likely isn’t being used — the IC checks the position of the hands, and if they’re out of sequence, it instructs the motor to move them to the correct time. It does this without being connected to a phone, or any instruction from you, and it’s really impressive.

Aside from shocks, magnetic fields that we encounter everyday can have an effect on the watch hand position, but the Conquest’s sensor can detect magnetic fields that may alter the time. Rather than recheck the time, the IC commands the motor to stop the hands moving completely, then once the magnetic field has been removed, it restarts the hands and zips forward to the correct time. How long will the Conquest stop time? Far longer than you’ll want to be in the vicinity of a magnetic field strong enough to trip the system.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/wearab...he-next-level/

Master
    I have a VHP, although not the GMT. All the 'techie' stuff is fun, but a bit peripheral for most users. In essence it is an incredibly accurate watch with a perpetual Calendar . The module has recently been created by ETA and I suspect we'l see it in other watches. At about a third of the cost of a Grand Seiko it is yet more precise with more features, although minus the spectacular quality of finish.
    The one improvement I would like is better water resistance (5atm). But a decent watch overall.

Mr Skinner You just answered My question as i am thinking of pulling the trigger on the 43MM version next time i am in the big apple.One question how good is the quality of the lume?

If the gmt is released as a 41mm, I'll be giving one a try.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeingdriver View Post
    Mr Skinner You just answered My question as i am thinking of pulling the trigger on the 43MM version next time i am in the big apple.One question how good is the quality of the lume?
    Pretty good for a modern treatment. Certainly works.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I really like the Commonwealth Games limited edition... I enquired in Goldsmiths a week or so ago as they have a load of POS stuff about Longines being the official timekeeper, and they'd never heard of it.

:sigh:

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I really like the Commonwealth Games limited edition... I enquired in Goldsmiths a week or so ago as they have a load of POS stuff about Longines being the official timekeeper, and they'd never heard of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5
    That is so annoying i feel for you mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Pretty good for a modern treatment. Certainly works.
    I appreciate the reply wear Yours in very good health.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5
    I've just asked my local Goldsmiths to get one on for me to try on, looks a lovely thing ....

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5
    The L3.726.4.99.6 still has to be ordered for UK delivery (according to the net). It may be that it was only distributed in Australia...at least initially. There's a review and video from Time and Tide (review):

Its colours do something to make it quite attractive, IMO.

Update The net also tell me that Time and Tide are out of stock. Maybe they were popular in Australia...?
    Last edited by PickleB; 12th April 2018 at 15:28.

I've seen it in Frankfurt airport, in the window, so there are a few in Europe (well, at least one).

On a similar note, I was travelling out of Heathrow Terminal 5 last week, and went in to watches of Switzerland. I was looking at Longines display and I asked if they had any VHP. The reply was a haughty, "oh no, there hasn't been a VHP in the range for years". I suggested he go online, but could see by the look on his face, he thought I was the fool. I just walked out. Where do they find these people - they spend almost all day doing nothing at all, but can't spend 5 minutes to read up on recent (12 month old) releases?

Quote Originally Posted by oristyke View Post
    I've seen it in Frankfurt airport, in the window, so there are a few in Europe (well, at least one).

On a similar note, I was travelling out of Heathrow Terminal 5 last week, and went in to watches of Switzerland. I was looking at Longines display and I asked if they had any VHP. The reply was a haughty, "oh no, there hasn't been a VHP in the range for years". I suggested he go online, but could see by the look on his face, he thought I was the fool. I just walked out. Where do they find these people - they spend almost all day doing nothing at all, but can't spend 5 minutes to read up on recent (12 month old) releases?
    It's like car sales. Very few involved seem enthusiastic about the product, it's just a job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And now the Longines Conquest VHP GMT Flash Setting ...link to A Blog to Watch:

At the launch of the new Conquest V.H.P. GMT, Longines CEO Walter Von Känel restated his position of having no interest in creating a fully-fledged smartwatch. But the brand needed a movement that could expand upon the legacy of technical innovations within the V.H.P. line, without directly competing with purebred technology brands – a move that could ultimately compromise Longines’ commitment to the slower-paced traditions of classic Swiss watchmaking. They found their answer in the V.H.P. Flash Setting, a quartz movement that took ETA four years to develop, which adds a high degree of globetrotting utility to the original V.H.P. (Very High Precision) caliber released in 2017. It’s important to note that this new ETA calibre is exclusive to Longines, and while Von Känel played coy about allowing a growing number of interested brands access to the movement, it did seem that he’s keen to keep it in the family. For now, at least...

Longines VHP GMT

A link to a review of the white faced model, if I was travelling abroad more often I would seriously consider one.

https://www.facebook.com/14534487782...7313344157326/
    Last edited by Lammylee; 23rd January 2019 at 11:18.