closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A rare experience regarding an incoming.

A rare experience regarding an incoming.

Hi guys.

First, thanks Robert (robbie) for a smooooooooooooooooth deal. - Due to a conversion mistake on my part I still owe you a couple pizzas worth: £ coming up.

To put a long story short: Rolex, Tudor, Baume & Mercier, Seiko, Grand Seiko, Wempe, RXW, Universal Geneve, Panerai, Chr. Warden, Rotary, Precista, Speedbird, RWC, Wittnauer, Ginault, MK-II, Cartier, Citizen, IWC, Rotary, Kobold, Omega, G-Shock, Kemmner, Certina, Fortis, JLC...

Etc.

I´ve been around the block and seen my fair share of incoming. Some of which I still have.

Now... We all share this same experience in founding out that two-dimensional pics do not often tell the real story. You know, something turning out to disappoint in steel when something else turns out to be a positive surprise. I´ve yet to experience such a positive surprise I received today from Robert. This is a special watch for me as 1) I´ve wanted one for long for a myriad of reasons, and b) today is the birthday of my deceased Mother (She´d be 71 now). Her father - my grandfather, after whom I´ve been named, was - and still continues to be my role model - a (Finnish) fighter pilot in WWII. Anyways, without further ado, Thank you, Eddie, for bringing out probably one of the most astonishingly well-balanced watches in existence: the Precista CAF.

As a watch... Simply stunning. As a homage to the original... sans par. The one that Longines brought out some time ago is so wrong compared to the PRS-9 that it´s - sorry to say it so straight out - laughable.

If any of you guys been on the verge of getting a Precista CAF when they emerge... Do it. I am pretty sure you´ll be very happy with the end result. I know I am.

Is it a keeper?

No if´s, but´s or maybes here. Just a resounding Yes

Master
    Blog Entries
    It is a great watch, glad you like it, gave mine to my dad (ex RAF) and he likes it - easy to read with 88 year old eyes.

Well done, I did offer Robert a trade but he wasn't interested. I have come close on several occasions to buying one of these, but something seems to hold me back. Maybe the 24mm lug size or the fact that the lugs are flared or even with it being a manual wind. I can't help thinking if it was a 22mm lug Automatic I would have bought one by now.

Perhaps we need a review of how it feels and looks over a week or two to dispel the mental block that I have seemed to developed. The dial and hands are superb and the red marker and rotating bezel really appeal, but on at least three occasions I have managed to hold back long enough until someone else has bought, then it's problem over until the next one is listed.

I hope you enjoy it as much as you expect to, you now need to convince me that I need one also.

Master
    Wrist shot please.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Picture please !

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Wrist shot please.
    Have had probs with pics... Lets see if this works?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqG7hhngksCQ9zeW2

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJM View Post
    Have had probs with pics... Lets see if this works?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqG7hhngksCQ9zeW2
    Nice. Link works.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Perhaps we need a review of how it feels and looks over a week or two to dispel the mental block that I have seemed to developed. The dial and hands are superb and the red marker and rotating bezel really appeal, but on at least three occasions I have managed to hold back long enough until someone else has bought, then it's problem over until the next one is listed.

I hope you enjoy it as much as you expect to, you now need to convince me that I need one also.
    What do you want to hear? Bought mine the day it was released so 6 years ago almost to the day. Word it on and off for coupe,of years then my dad took a fancy to it so he bounces between it and a plain G-Shock which he also got off me

The CAF feels lighter than a Luminor, great lime, timing bezel is very useful, bit odd seeing your arm between the strap and the case but you get used to it.

My major complaint - Eddie toyed with making a few in sterling silver. Really wish he had.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    What do you want to hear? Bought mine the day it was released so 6 years ago almost to the day. Word it on and off for coupe,of years then my dad took a fancy to it so he bounces between it and a plain G-Shock which he also got off me

The CAF feels lighter than a Luminor, great lime, timing bezel is very useful, bit odd seeing your arm between the strap and the case but you get used to it.

My major complaint - Eddie toyed with making a few in sterling silver. Really wish he had.
    Thanks. It does seem that everyone who owns them really likes them. Another niggle of mine is that the number 6 is missing due to the seconds sub dial. I had been looking for a watch with a full set of numbers and particularly an Art Deco feel to it. I did have the Glycine Meylan for a while, but let that go and have recently bought the Oris 1917 Reissue, so maybe I am sorted on that from now.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Nice. Link works.
    Great.

Here are a few additional ones...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vh9NiVyqw2cuurop1

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fair point. The sub dial is nice and big - bigger than similar, non military designs? - which I think is a fair trade.

There you go, right click - save image address - paste into insert image icon.

Nice watch..

Great Jussi. Helluva watch you have there. Wish you much “nuchas” with it. All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    There you go, right click - save image address - paste into insert image icon.
    Thank you for this. I have been struggling to post images on watchuseek from postimage (which works fine on here), so I tried your process and it works. Top man