closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinn 556a VS Tudor BB36

Journeyman
    I purchased a Sinn 556a at the end of last year. The bracelet quality didn't feel that great but, I wasn't too bothered as I'm not a fan of them anyway and changed for a leather strap. What disappointed me was the accuracy. The watch gained around 15 to 20 seconds a day which was worse than some cheaper watches I have. The final nail in the coffin for me was when I pulled out the crown and it came completely out of the case. Luckily I was able to send it back under the 30 day refund/exchange policy. I declined a replacement.

I have tried the Tudor in both sizes and much preferred the BB 36 but the hands looked out of proportion with each other. The minute hand looked too long. However the quality of the watch and particularly the bracelet felt really well made. Since I tried it, they have released the blue dial model and for some reason in the photo's the hands look more in proportion but as I haven't seen one in the flesh I don't know they have actually fitted a smaller minute hand or it's just my eyes. Either way, I really like the blue dial and wouldn't rule it out in the future.

I don’t have a Sinn 556 but i do have a Sinn 856 utc lovely watch and almost indestructible..... amoung others i also have an exployer however the Sinn gets the most wrist time unbelievable legible in all situations ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I much prefer the case size and the snowflake hands of the Tudor!

Craftsman
    Hour hand on the Tudor looks like it’s from a different watch.

Has to be the Sinn!

Craftsman
    Out of these two it would be the Sinn all the way for me, for most of the reasons already stated. But I'm also going to throw another curve ball into the mix - have you thought about one of Eddie's Speedbirds? Possibly a little too military looking for your brief but otherwise very similar in style and size. I picked up a 2nd hand GMT on the forum last year and have worn it most days since. I just love it. I have previously owned a Sinn 556i and the two are a very close match in terms of quality. Overall I think I prefer the Speedbird and for me the bracelet is certainly better. Arguably a more "basic" movement in the Speedbird (if you get a new one) but it's priced accordingly. Just a thought.

https://www.timefactors.com/sb3new.htm

Buy the equally desirable Smiths Everest 36mm and save yourself £1700 on the Tudor.

Apprentice

unfair comparison

If you have both watches side by side the quality of the BB is apparent. Yes the BB is more expensive and the finishing on the BB (just look at those hands and the deep black of the dial) is a step above. The "H" bracelet is not great - both fit and visually the Tudor exceeds the Sinn.

I don't hate the Sinn, have owned both the i and the a version yet they're a tool watch whilst the BB can be worn upmarket.

I feel the comparison between a 14270 and the BB is closer even though a preowned explorer is twice the price.