closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking tickets - again

Parking tickets - again

Advice needed on this one please.
    Where my lad works there were parking spaces indicated for the company he works for. Back in Feb the car park management was let off to a company who manage car parks and they put up the usual signs regarding payment, displaying permits etc. To be fair the sign did say that permits have to be displayed in the windscreen.

However as the company's parking bays are fairly tight and have paved areas and bushes around them he (and others) displayed their permits on the rear shelf clearly visible. They got PCN's for this. The warden didn't put any notices on the car to indicate they were wrong (e.g. a parking fine notice). Some of the photo's taken by the warden clearly show the displayed permit.

Now comes the crunch. After three weeks he starts getting fine notices. as they were not aware that that they were misdemeaning there were three weeks worth (he has received 9 and others in his office similar numbers.

he paid the first one but then questioned these and appealed which he lost (not surprising).

I have tried to contact this company and have tracked down 4 telephone numbers. When I ring they either don't answer of pass me to a voicemail. I leave a message and this is ignored.

I know that there is an "independent" appeals service but this seems to be funded by car parks and has an 80% failure rate so I'm not going down that route.

I am of a mind to tell him to ignore these notices, let any debt collectors know the reasons for non-payment and, if necessary, take this to court.

Anyone got ant experience of these matters or of this company 3D Parking Ltd, Advantage Business Centre, 132 Gt Ancoats St. Manchester.

Thanks

Could he get his company involved?

Well the address is either a mailbox rental centre or a massage parlour !
    I'd have thought paying the first one was a mistake and almost an admission . They are like parasites once they have a hook into you.
    There is a whole raft of info on the MSE website which might help.

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Where my lad works there were parking spaces indicated for the company he works for. Back in Feb the car park management was let off to a company who manage car parks and they put up the usual signs regarding payment, displaying permits etc. To be fair the sign did say that permits have to be displayed in the windscreen.

However as the company's parking bays are fairly tight and have paved areas and bushes around them he (and others) displayed their permits on the rear shelf clearly visible. They got PCN's for this. The warden didn't put any notices on the car to indicate they were wrong (e.g. a parking fine notice). Some of the photo's taken by the warden clearly show the displayed permit.

Now comes the crunch. After three weeks he starts getting fine notices. as they were not aware that that they were misdemeaning there were three weeks worth (he has received 9 and others in his office similar numbers.

he paid the first one but then questioned these and appealed which he lost (not surprising).

I have tried to contact this company and have tracked down 4 telephone numbers. When I ring they either don't answer of pass me to a voicemail. I leave a message and this is ignored.

I know that there is an "independent" appeals service but this seems to be funded by car parks and has an 80% failure rate so I'm not going down that route.

I am of a mind to tell him to ignore these notices, let any debt collectors know the reasons for non-payment and, if necessary, take this to court.

Anyone got ant experience of these matters or of this company 3D Parking Ltd, Advantage Business Centre, 132 Gt Ancoats St. Manchester.

Thanks
    I would say if you are of a mind to let it eventually go the small claims court route, then you would be better going down the parking company appeals route first.
    This will cost them money and at least you can add this to your defence when it ends up in the small claims court.

When the inevitable people chime in and say just ignore them, be prepared for your son to end up with a CCJ against his name.

As a previous poster suggested, perhaps get his company involved to help put a stop to it now?

Master
    Surely they can't store up an offence for 3 weeks and then fine you? You've got to talk advice up on that.

Complain to HR/Legal/Management and suggest that you are being harrassed by an agent appointed by the company. Let them work that one out, any responsible company should make sure subcontractors and agents are behaving responsibly.

They are not fines.

I expect you've been issued with a 'Parking Charge Notice'. This is not to be confused with a 'Penalty Charge Notice'.

Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as a Penalty Charge Notice.

They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

If the car park operator wants to force you to pay, they will need to take you to the civil court, which is costly and time-consuming.

Craftsman

Thanks
    Have a look here, lot of people to help, do not ignore the tickets it will end up in court or CCJ

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

I live in Manchester and 3D Parking Ltd have got form as being pretty unscrupulous.

Just keep following it up but don't ignore it. Don't pay out though. Just keep records of everything you do and don't give up.

If it goes to court they'll get thrown out. It always happens

Master
    Are you saying they've issued your Son with a ticket because he displayed his valid parking permit in the wrong part of his car in order to make it more accessible for those checking them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Complain to HR/Legal/Management and suggest that you are being harrassed by an agent appointed by the company.
    This would be my starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Are you saying they've issued your Son with a ticket because he displayed his valid parking permit in the wrong part of his car in order to make it more accessible for those checking them?

Yes, exactly and several others also did the same.

Master
    ^ How ridiculous, he shouldn't have paid the first one (very easy for me to say I know) and should be vehemently contesting these.

I would be interested to know if the signs distinguish between front windscreen and rear windscreen?

The fact that the enforcement officer has taken a picture of the permit in situ is the icing on the cake!
    Last edited by MST; 5th April 2018 at 14:42.

All I can say is good luck. Whilst this is not something I'd personally like to test, I am pretty certain that if they are not an accredited operator under the BPA - British Parking Association (or other UK recognised operator), you can just ignore demands and they have no legal right to enforce against you.

Local Authorities and big operators will always be accredited. There are lots of fly-by-nights sadly so I wish you the best of luck.

I would've thought that your son and his colleagues need to get together and get the employer involved and have them complain to the landlord about the agent rather than proceeding individually.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    I would've thought that your son and his colleagues need to get together and get the employer involved and have them complain to the landlord about the agent rather than proceeding individually.
    I've suggested that to him. It would even be worth them all chipping in and seeing a solicitor, a lot cheaper than paying the fines.

Loads of good advice and stories here

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk

Grand Master
    As other say, keep all records, then await to see if they go small claims, i doubt they will as proving actual loss when your son had a valid permit will be impossible, and i dare say the company will be in the same place and know their only hope of any money is through fear of going to court.