closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: football. yeah football, not soccer, cos its football

Master
    I’d love to see Leeds in the Premiership. Still a big club with a huge support.

Un-interesting fact of the day - My mate was copilot on the flight that crash landed in ‘98. The club gave him an engraved watch which was a Breitling IIRC.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
    just back from the pub and liverpool have destroyed city 3 nil. major result for us in fairness, and unexpected possibly. can we chat about this in here? any other craic lads? citeh playing yernited this weekend to win the premiership. liverpool playing everton for craic. then citeh on tuesday. its all happening!

Jeez you're a bit of a mad thing when you're on the booze ain't ya

Boring Merseyside derby today but I'll take the point. Man City will have to wait at least another week for the title, need to beat Tottenham and a United loss to West Brom.

Master
    Today was a bit of a joke in the pub... scousers jumping up and down celebrating their mediocrity and United fans celebrating "the comeback of the century!!!". Wow, city have to wait an extra week to be awarded a trophy we had in the bag at Christmas. You guys are amazing. Hahaha.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Yeah!

Let's talk FOOTBALL! Not soccer, but FOOTBALL!

What part of the foot are they using in that picture with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    What part of the foot are they using in that picture with the ball
    They have a special player who comes on when the ball needs kicking!

Blog Entries
    Game on again.... has all the makings of a cracker this one

Master
    Blog Entries
    Man my stomach is churning. City are running riot. Pool just needs to get there foot on the ball and slow the game right down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Man my stomach is churning. City are running riot. Pool just needs to get there foot on the ball and slow the game right down.
    They’re not at it…. That’s for sue…. Compelling to watch…. Glad I’m a neutral!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liverpool can't even string two passes together tonight.

Hopefully Klopp changes something otherwise not going to last playing like this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don't know how it's still only 1-0. I hope klopp slapped everyone of them as they went into the dressing room.

Blog Entries
    Game Over now

Master
    Blog Entries
    I feel so much better. I see Roma only needs another to put barca out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I feel so much better. I see Roma only needs another to put barca out.
    Watching this - EPIC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    I’d love to see Leeds in the Premiership. Still a big club with a huge support.

Un-interesting fact of the day - My mate was copilot on the flight that crash landed in ‘98. The club gave him an engraved watch which was a Breitling IIRC.
    If you're still a teenager there's still a chance, but only a slim one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Watching this - EPIC
    Switched over to the Roma vs Barca match after Liverpool equalised.

Double fun tonight.

If it’s good enough for you it’s good enough for me score another goal and I’ll be Muslim too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    Jeez you're a bit of a mad thing when you're on the booze ain't ya

Boring Merseyside derby today but I'll take the point. Man City will have to wait at least another week for the title, need to beat Tottenham and a United loss to West Brom.
    haha, lads i must have had a few that night, i just skimmed through and seen this thread and wanted to post about my beloved liverpool winning again. and then i saw i started this thread. just like gandalf in the dwarves underworld "i have no memory of this place". but yeah semi finals beckon. and idiots threw bottles. thats thick. i wonder when i see this thread again will i remember starting it again? beer lads, beer cures all ills, and wipes slates clean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Switched over to the Roma vs Barca match after Liverpool equalised.

Double fun tonight.
    It was really something…. That game is what what football is all about!

Blog Entries
    this thread just like gandalf in the dwarves underworld "i have no memory of this place"
    PMSL, hope your head isn’t banging too much this morning, great result 😀

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    PMSL, hope your head isn’t banging too much this morning, great result 
    Thanks, I'm grand this morning. Even though I had a few beers last night, I woke up fairly spritely and in great form. All thanks to the result. I wonder what odds you would have got on city losing those 3 games. Amazing.

Craftsman
    great result for football yesterday.....city and their oil money are not wanted in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    great result for football yesterday.....city and their oil money are not wanted in the game...
    Yeah , much better to have earned it organically . Don’t worry . Just wait until .
    A. The Sheikh gets bored
    B. The oil runs out .
    Idiot

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Leeds United finishing in the top three! I just wish that they could do that on the pitch.
    i feel your pain.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yeah , much better to have earned it organically . Don’t worry . Just wait until .
    A. The Sheikh gets bored
    B. The oil runs out .
    Idiot
    how many neutrals wanted a City win...not many....here today gone tomorrow hopefully. Same with the West London money launderers...

how many neutrals wanted a City win...not many....here today gone tomorrow hopefully. Same with the West London money launderers...
    Awww diddums.
    Get used to it, hopefully City and Chelsea will be at the top table for a lot longer yet.
    I'd also be interested in where you get your straw poll from.
    Methinks it might just be a little bit of petty jealousy :)

Against the odds, Juventus may overturn Real Madrid. Should make for a good second half.

BT Sport is paying for itself now!

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Against the odds, Juventus may overturn Real Madrid. Should make for a good second half.

BT Sport is paying for itself now!
    Mad, isn't it?
    Even the Bayern- Sevilla game has had its moments for a shock

Wow..... Doth speaketh a muppet! What makes you an expert on what clubs are not wanted in the game? Your not a fan of one of those clubs with all that ‘istory’ are you?

football. yeah football, not soccer, cos its football

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Mad, isn't it?
    Even the Bayern- Sevilla game has had its moments for a shock
    Even madder now! Juve 3-0 up and they’re away at the Bernabau.

RM could follow Barca

No penalty. Ronaldo you cheating fooker

Master
    Agreed. Ref had balls there to give it, I'd have waved play on given the significance.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Agreed. Ref had balls there to give it, I'd have waved play on given the significance.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Couldn't have a semi final without one of the favoured gang in now , could we?
    Oliver is a poor referee with a huge opinion of himself . I'm sure UEFA would find him incredibly sympathetic to their agenda .

Definite penalty for me and Buffon had to go. I think the social media vilification of Michael Oliver is outrageous. That was a penalty all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a game it was last night. Loved it. And, agree, it was a penalty and -though I’m loathed to say it- Ronaldo despatched it with some class, considering the pressure he was under. Not sure about the red card though as it seems Costa pushed Michael Oliver, not Buffon, but it could be that Buffon said something that warranted the red. Would’ve been even better if Juventus hadn’t had any subs left and one of the outfield players had saved it!

Craftsman
    It looked to me like the Madrid player had started to fall to the floor before any contact was made, so I think the referee was conned and the Italian team were cheated. Blaming the referee is not fair he sees the incident once from one angle.

Ronaldo did take the penalty exceptionally well, he is undoubtedly the best all round footballer since Pele. He can play any position on the pitch.

Ahahahaha. Wibble.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    It looked to me like the Madrid player had started to fall to the floor before any contact was made

Ronaldo did take the penalty exceptionally well, he is undoubtedly the best all round footballer since Pele. He can play any position on the pitch.
    Not sure about the first point- if the Madrid player hadn't been nudged in the back by the juve defender (who also unsuccessfully tried to hook the ball away from the wrong position) then it was a certain goal. Clumsy tackle from the defender who was in the wrong position= penalty 75% of the time. Oliver showed some mettle making that decision.

IMHO there is some doubt whether Ronaldo is the best all round footballer since Pele. I think Messi could play anywhere (he basically already does!), although I concede he is short so perhaps centre back is as unlikely as Ronaldo playing there... Perhaps neither of them are 'all round' players- they're forwards after all. In his day Wayne Rooney could play anywhere, I reckon. He's even a good 'keeper apparently. Not comparing Rooney with these two though, just considering some all rounders!

I also accept it's nigh on impossible to separate Messi and Ronaldo regarding who is 'better' and everyone will disagree for the rest of time. Having said that, I personally would go for Messi- simply because I get a sense of visceral, unbridled pleasure when he dribbles through a defence and rams it past the 'keeper... in almost every game he plays!

Journeyman
    semi final

munich vs real
    liverpool vs roma

and an interesting uefa cup semi

arsenal vs atletico

thats a seriously hard draw for arsenal, and they are far from firing on all cylinders. so dont fancy their chances. but wish my gooner friends well. there is no easy draw in the european semis, so i didnt care if we got munich, real, or roma. all poxy hard to beat anyway. but i fancy liverpool to have a go at anyone now. roll on d footy!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Im terrible at predictions but I think Arsenal are doomed, Liverpool through to the final and possibly Madrid (who look fragile at the back) will struggle against a more stubborn and solid team like the Germans.

I fancy Munich Vs Liverpool final

semi final

munich vs real
    liverpool vs roma

and an interesting uefa cup semi

arsenal vs atletico

thats a seriously hard draw for arsenal, and they are far from firing on all cylinders. so dont fancy their chances. but wish my gooner friends well. there is no easy draw in the european semis, so i didnt care if we got munich, real, or roma. all poxy hard to beat anyway. but i fancy liverpool to have a go at anyone now. roll on d footy!

Journeyman
    Allez allez allez.....I fancy our chances!

Journeyman
    We're in the final lads. Who would have thought that at the start of the season? No-one! Final Vs Real on the 26th. Good times.

Blog Entries
    We're in the final lads. Who would have thought that at the start of the season? No-one! Final Vs Real on the 26th. Good times.
    Now we’re not? We’re langusing 9th after coming to terms with fact that 2016 was a one off and we’ll always be a bit shit…