closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bonklip strap value?

Master

Bonklip strap value?

Hi folks..

I hope this is the right place to post given that the Bonklip is typically regarded as a military type strap. I thought the post would get more views from those specifically who are more knowledgable in this area.

I acquired this as part of a purchase several years ago (it was on a '52 Omega Seamaster) - I subsequently had the watch overhauled / restored but was left with this strap which I never warmed to. I'm looking to move it on and genuinely have no idea on value.. I've seen them go for all sorts on eBay.

It seems to be a Bonklip 'bamboo' and is, so far as I can tell, genuine. The lugs are 18mm, the strap itself is about 16mm wide and it's about 22cm lug to lug.

Could anyone give me any kind of idea of value, realistically? It's a bit dirty as you can see in the pictures and I don't unfortunately have an ultrasonic cleaner as I'm sure it'd look pristine once it'd been run through one.

I can then subsequently post an advert on Sales Corner, without either massively underpricing it, or overpricing it and making myself look like a plum.

Small gallery of pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/3noQc

Thanks.

Master
    Well for anyone interested, it only sold for about £56. I was cautiously hoping it might fetch more. Oh well.