timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Masters 2018

The Masters 2018

Can Tiger do it?

Who do you lot like the look of?

Cheers,
    Martin.

Complete stab in the dark but I've had a few quid on Poulter after his late qualification.

Blog Entries
    Will be having a few sovs each way on Sergio at 33’s

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Complete stab in the dark but I've had a few quid on Poulter after his late qualification.
    It's a good shout, he seems to play well under pressure and had a couple of good results recently.

I never bet on golf - far to many variables, but I fancy an American to win, but not Dustin or Tiger.

Would love to see both Tiger and Poulter finish in the top 10 and Rose to finish in the top 3.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Stenson top 5
    Bubba win

Poulter top 10.

Grand Master
    Stenson and Rose are who i'm putting money on, Rose is just so consistent and does well around this course, Stenson seems to be hitting a bit of form at the right time, and his natural ability fits in with this course as well.

As above though, there are so many who could win this though, if i was to bet on a dark horse, Hoffman would be the guy, always seems to be lurking about the lead.

Master
    I think the Masters is probably my favourite sporting event of the year, certainly my favourite golf tournament. I haven’t done any bets yet this year but from this week on I’ll generally have a flutter most weeks. Last yr I was lucky enough to have 2 major winners in Thomas and Koepka with a good each way on Rose in the Masters.

There’s a very informative Facebook page (and website)called golf betting system which is good but also quite entertaining.

Haven’t done my bets yet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Winner from Speith thomas or stenson too close to call imo
    other runners
    bubba form horse past winner but to volatile, woods not quite there yet mickekson past it to many mistakes
    horses for courses zach johnson sergia or jason day
    dj out of form and crysytal tips rory not good enough putter

outside bet ricky fowler paulines boy

Craftsman
    I fancy speith.
    Absolutely loved the golf last night with Poulter doing the business. Can't see him doing anything at Augusta though sadly.
    Rahm and Justin Thomas should fare well. E/W bet then Stenson is worth a punt.

Jason Day

Justin Rose

Rickie Fowler

Matsuyama

Thomas Pieters

Tyrrell Hatton

Long shots

Bryson DeChambeau

Kiradech Aphibarnrat

These will be my picks, all each way 18 of the last 20 winners were in the top 10 after round 1. Would love Tiger to win but think the occasion will be too much, but have a bet running that he will win one of the next 10 majors started last season, 8 chances left. Sergio a back to back win is rare and Rory think the demons of Augusta will be too much.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    I fancy speith.
    Absolutely loved the golf last night with Poulter doing the business. Can't see him doing anything at Augusta though sadly.
    Rahm and Justin Thomas should fare well. E/W bet then Stenson is worth a punt.
    I agree fair pleased for poults thought he had blown it not a bad prize either $1.26m prize plus 2 yr excemption to all the big uspga days out

Not Tiger...I wish he had it in him, but he's not there (yet). Nobody has shown dominance so I think it's a crapshoot. Might go to a relative unknown, even.

I think Bubba will have a great chance, Augusta suits lefty.

Ross

I’d love Rory to win, get the Masters monkey off his back and then hopefully open the door for more wins. If not Rory then Tiger. If Tiger can stay near the leaderboard come the weekend he’ll contend.
    After those two, any one of Day, Rose, Casey or Thomas (destined to be the star of the future IMHO). Just not Speith.

I’d highly recommend their app, it’s top notch. Check out the size of their new merchandise shop, it’s unreal. Apparently they can dictate terms to CBS (host nation) because they make so much money from merchandise they don’t need to make any money from CBS.

Tiger is over

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Most intriguing Masters for years I’m really looking forward to it! I’m sticking a few quid on Bubba for the win. I can’t see Poulter and Woods challenging really...

Yep really starting to get 'excited. After a a couple of injuries which have kept me off the course last 6 months the golfing stars are really aligning for a great weekend.

So many of the world's best and more interesting players in good form. For me that excludes DJ who is so dull and sorry to say but I was almost pleased he was inured last year as it made for a more interesting Masters. I can appreciate Justin Thomas but again he's a bit 'meh'.

To help things along played my 1st full round in 6 months in pouring rain at Tandridge GC last week and really got my juices flowing again despite getting soaked.

Had a good session at the range yesterday and with a few days off next week in North East will certainly try and play whilst the grandparents look after the kids.

I know betting on the Masters is a bit of a lottery but with payouts up to 10 places its worth a punt on half a dozen players and just keeps it interesting.

Always worth a couple of quid on Couples making the cut!

For me I'd love to see Justin Rose do it. Got to take your hat off to Poulter on his qualification. Really open as to who can win it as others have said
    either Johnson, Dufner, Bubba, Thomas, Speith, Tiger?? And thats just some of the Yanks! Saying all that I'll probably have a punt on Rory

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Rory...no
    Tiger...no
    Poulter...good to see he won in order to qualify but he won't win this.
    Speith? Well he does tend to play well here so a definite possibility. I also think Stenson is well worth an e/w at around 40/1.
    Ive also got a small bet on Justin Rose if for no other reason than I just like him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigstam View Post
    I think Bubba will have a great chance, Augusta suits lefty.

Ross
    Hope your right, backed him at 14-1.

Got to be the closest Masters in years.

Fancy Jason Day and Brian Harman to do well, Harman another leftie.

Big boys will all fancy their chances.

Craftsman
    Bubba or JT for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Will be having a few sovs each way on Sergio at 33’s
    I hope you didn’t have too many sovs Kav. That was a horror show

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Just a tenner each way I am pleased to say! What a nightmare for SG, 13!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

We all have been there. I put 7 balls in the water on a 167 yard Par 3 in Mexico.

I simply refused to take one more Club or take a drop.

On my 8th attempt I put it to about 4 feet (using the same club), but then missed the putt.

Spieth is looking good as is Stenson.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Got Hoffman as 1st round leader £10 EW 40/1 (as he’s quite often there 1st day including last year) but he’s dropped on the 18th! Oh well hope he can stay top 6 tonight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    On my 8th attempt I put it to about 4 feet (using the same club), but then missed the putt.
    Brutal 😂

Why did Sergio's caddy not step in? Garcia was just locked into hitting the same shot with the same result? Us amateurs are taught not to always attack the pin, what on earth was he thinking? Only got himself to blame...lets hope he puts it behind today and shoots under par. i better he will play the approach on the 15th differently.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Why did Sergio's caddy not step in? Garcia was just locked into hitting the same shot with the same result? Us amateurs are taught not to always attack the pin, what on earth was he thinking? Only got himself to blame...lets hope he puts it behind today and shoots under par. i better he will play the approach on the 15th differently.
    He’s known for generating a lot of spin so why, after the first one, he didn’t knock down a lower spinning shot is beyond me. Kevin Costner would have been proud though!

Great first days action. Tony Finau deserves special credit for his round after dislocating his ankle in par 3 then popping it back in himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    He’s known for generating a lot of spin so why, after the first one, he didn’t knock down a lower spinning shot is beyond me. Kevin Costner would have been proud though!

Great first days action. Tony Finau deserves special credit for his round after dislocating his ankle in par 3 then popping it back in himself.

The theory at the GC today was that he recently switched balls to latest Calloway - complete with Graphene, which both increases distance as well as the spin.

This coupled with super fast greens made the shot very difficult, however after the first two in the water, then an alternative strategy was required

Friedrich Nietzsche

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    The theory at the GC today was that he recently switched balls to latest Calloway - complete with Graphene, which both increases distance as well as the spin.

This coupled with super fast greens made the shot very difficult, however after the first two in the water, then an alternative strategy was required

I've played the latest chrome softs, there's no real massive increase in distance or spin, pretty much the same as all others, it was just Sergio being stubborn.