closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Current BMW Dive Watch suppliers?

Current BMW Dive Watch suppliers?

With my 1973 Hamilton W10 off for a service, I have started looking around at other BMW's. I am out of touch. Who are the current supplies of Dive watches and how do you know they have really been issued?

I ask the latter as the CWC SBS divers on the CWC site, seem to already have been engraved with issue numbers / years and I thought that happed in the stores? So if you can buy them straight from the maker with the issue number and year, how can you tell if those being sold else where have really been issued?

Thanks.

Tim
    Last edited by timc; 1st April 2018 at 08:24.

was this a dumb question or the wrong place to ask?

Craftsman
    Hi this particular forum isn’t mega busy and the best place is definitely the mwr forum where this issue has been discussed recently. I believe CWC watches - the SBS model - has been purchased by the MOD of late as has this:

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...Diver-watch-is

Craftsman
    And yes you’re right about the current batches of CWCs in terms of being able to tell genuine issue ones. It is highly unlikely though that genuinely issued ones would be on the market very quickly after issue ie the mod has disposed of them. As such I wouldn’t treat any very recent years models which might be up for sale as being provably issued. Clearly older ones are more likely to have been issued and non-issued ones used to have the letter c before the serial number. There are known years when they were issued and others where they were not which can be checked. :)
    Last edited by RayTango; 4th April 2018 at 09:53.

thank you :)

Quote Originally Posted by RayTango View Post
    And yes you’re right about the current batches of CWCs in terms of being able to tell genuine issue ones. It is highly unlikely though that genuinely issued ones would be on the market very quickly after issue ie the mod has disposed of them. As such I wouldn’t treat any very recent years models which might be up for sale as being provably issued. Clearly older ones are more likely to have been issued and non-issued ones used to have the letter c before the serial number. There are known years when they were issued and others where they were not which can be checked. :)
    Not necessarily Ray, if you can find a squaddie or a matelot the weekend before payday hed sell you his sister for pints

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app