closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Page & Cooper, always bad service?

The sooner brands like Damasko and Sinn disassociate their brands from these useless clowns the better. They drag their good names through the mud.

I got in touch with Damasko when Page and Cooper conned me out of several hundred pounds. I never got a response, but hopefully if enough people do it the penny will drop.

Craftsman

I posted a while back that I was going to test the title of this thread, well I would probably say "bad" is an understatement. Having purchased a watch for a four figure sum (which appreciate is peanuts to many here, but in the grand scheme of things that's a lot of money) then I expect support from the vendor if I have issues within the warranty period, not to be fobbed off with nonsense and ignored. I gave them benefit of the doubt, but as I'm now in a situation where I'd either have to waste a lot of time chasing, go legal or cut losses and pay for repair myself then my patience has gone. Luckily in my case Damasko have stepped up and sorted me out under the warranty with no hassle at all.

Seems to me that these issues we're having are mostly very easy to fix without spending a fortune or cutting profit, they already claimed to be paying their staff a good wage and profits may well increase from repeat business. All it'd take is a bit of managerial motivation to sort out the customer service issues, perhaps using some kind of CRM software or similar to help get better organised.

Master
    I found a strap I was looking for listed on their website earlier this week. There's only a couple of places I could find this particular strap and P&C were the only one in the UK. They also had it marked as on sale: 25% off 'while stock lasts'. I was still hesitant given all the previous feedback on here but I emailed them on Tues asking if it was genuinely in stock or not, to get a reply yesterday saying 'yes it is and I'm looking at it right now'.

i placed the order yesterday, got a DPD tracking number later in the afternoon, and the strap was delivered today. Not to take anything away from the experiences others have had, but I was happy with my experience of them and thought it only fair to post.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I found a strap I was looking for listed on their website earlier this week. There's only a couple of places I could find this particular strap and P&C were the only one in the UK. They also had it marked as on sale: 25% off 'while stock lasts'. I was still hesitant given all the previous feedback on here but I emailed them on Tues asking if it was genuinely in stock or not, to get a reply yesterday saying 'yes it is and I'm looking at it right now'.

i placed the order yesterday, got a DPD tracking number later in the afternoon, and the strap was delivered today. Not to take anything away from the experiences others have had, but I was happy with my experience of them and thought it only fair to post.
    This is the one swallow that doesn't make a summer..... ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    This is the one swallow that doesn't make a summer..... ;-)
    I think I saw that movie at a mate’s stag night once

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I think I saw that movie at a mate’s stag night once
    Very good

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Goochie81 View Post
    Very good
    Nice watch.

Journeyman

Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nice watch.
    Ha ha the movie or the prs-18

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I can't believe I either didn't see this thread or didn't remember. I bought a Zodiac from P&C on the 17th December and then received this from them:

"We're super excited to get this beauty to you.Sadly due to the recent high demand in our Zodiac watches, especially the Grandrally range all our orders have to be made built to order.
    The current lead time if 4-6 weeks, this includes the upcoming xmas holiday."

I mulled it over and decided I was pissed off because they'd not mentioned on the page for the watch or on the payment page that it wasn't actually in stock and I'd be loaning them the money for a minimum four weeks (potentially who knows how long).

I emailed them on the 18th December to ask for my money back, I was told it would take between 7 and 10 working days to be refunded. It's now the 10th January and no sign of any cash. I've opened a case with PayPal so we'll see where this goes.

"A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I can't believe I either didn't see this thread or didn't remember. I bought a Zodiac from P&C on the 17th December and then received this from them:

"We're super excited to get this beauty to you.Sadly due to the recent high demand in our Zodiac watches, especially the Grandrally range all our orders have to be made built to order.

I mulled it over and decided I was pissed off because they'd not mentioned on the page for the watch or on the payment page that it wasn't actually in stock and I'd be loaning them the money for a minimum four weeks (potentially who knows how long).

I emailed them on the 18th December to ask for my money back, I was told it would take between 7 and 10 working days to be refunded. It's now the 10th January and no sign of any cash. I've opened a case with PayPal so we'll see where this goes.

I had almost the exact same problem with them over the summer when I was ordering a Squale.

According to trading standards "A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund."

I ended up sending a copy the Consumer Rights act and they still argued that they have 14 working days, shitters!
    Anyhoo I did get my money back on the 14th day.

Good Luck!

Ps i can’t seem to attach the relevant page of the Consumer Rights act but I think it’s on page 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think that the use of "super excited" would be enough to put me off...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    How do they stay in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Quite. I'd wager it's an email template and you can replace 'Zodiac' with any watch make and 'Grandrally' with any model.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    They haven't been "super excited" to send me my money back although I've just had a reply to wish me a good weekend and that they're "working on getting this processed for you", which implies they haven't done anything about it yet.

I hope they've put my free loan of £375 to good use, it's the last money they'll see from me.

I think they must expend more energy bullsh*tting than it would take to do the job properly.

The sooner they go under the better.

Used Neil for Sinn very good to deal with .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they must expend more energy bullsh*tting than it would take to do the job properly.

Not before Foxy100 gets his money back though! :)

When you look at their list of brands, and imagine it without Sinn.....

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When you look at their list of brands, and imagine it without Sinn.....

Only heard of nine of those makes... including Sinn!

The idea of having a shop in Greater South Mimms, a shop that you have to make an appointment to visit, and that's what's awaiting the customers....

I had always assumed such a shop would be in Shoreditch ie at least within walking distance of the City

Maybe they've been taking sales technique advisories from Jura

Master
    The idea of having a shop in Greater South Mimms, a shop that you have to make an appointment to visit, and that's what's awaiting the customers....

I had always assumed such a shop would be in Shoreditch ie at least within walking distance of the City
    Haha brilliant, never looked at where they were. An appointment in their gran’s front room?

Had forgotten about this thread that I started, but they still don’t seem to be able or bothered to improve.

I’ve ordered many things direct from Sinn since and all arrived before the second ‘it’s sinn’s fault, not ours’ email BS from P&C.

Once everyone has their cash back, the first watch related Brexit casualty could be P&C if we all wish hard enough. #neveragain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually an office in Elstree (I have a virtual office in the same building), so the appointment thing is understandable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It's actually an office in Elstree (I have a virtual office in the same building), so the appointment thing is understandable.
    Should send you in for the refunds en masse, Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Should send you in for the refunds en masse, Tony!

Hah!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    Used Neil for Sinn very good to deal with .....

Neil is an absolute gent. I have bought from him for 10 years or so. Never anything than great to deal with.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Update! No refund from Page & Cooper still.

Maybe if anyone's considering buying from them we could all agree that you pay me my £375 and send the rest to P&C, since they seem incapable of making a simple refund. Maybe they can't afford to refund it.

Master
    Further up this sorry thread, you'll see the lengths I had to go to to get about £80 for a strap that they couldn't supply, including calls with one of the owners (can't remember who) accusing me of causing the delay and saying they couldn't refund me until I'd closed the escalation with PayPal.

External pressure from bank/credit card company or PayPal seems to be the only way to get your money back.

Maybe if anyone's considering buying from them we could all agree that you pay me my £375 and send the rest to P&C, since they seem incapable of making a simple refund. Maybe they can't afford to refund it.

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Further up this sorry thread, you'll see the lengths I had to go to to get about £80 for a strap that they couldn't supply, including calls with one of the owners (can't remember who) accusing me of causing the delay and saying they couldn't refund me until I'd closed the escalation with PayPal.

External pressure from bank/credit card company or PayPal seems to be the only way to get your money back.
    Thank you, that's interesting.

Master

I had a similar issue with that shower from Belfast whose name escapes me.

Anyway, as soon as the 14 day time limit was up I raised a case with Paypal explaining the legal time limit had been breached. I got a refund that day - I got the impression they were somewhat used to it...

Master
    Just put the pressure on them via PayPal or credit card. They’re an awful company sitting on other people’s cash on a regular basis with in stock not being actually in stock. Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Just put the pressure on them via PayPal or credit card. They’re an awful company sitting on other people’s cash on a regular basis with in stock not being actually in stock. Cowboys.

They have no stock. I went once to deliver a watch for servicing (another horror story) and asked to see some watches. After being shown a couple of things which they couldn't sell me, I asked what they could sell me. Embarrassed shuffling of feet ensued, followed by the admission that they had nothing apart from a lone Squale that wasn't already sold or reserved. One of the watches I had looked at turned out to be the manager's own!

I wonder if the brands they stock know how useless they are? There's an autodromo and a zodiac I'd love to try, but as they're the only uk stockists it's a non starter.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I had a similar issue with that shower from Belfast whose name escapes me.
    Who would they be then??
    Local to Belfast myself and don’t wanna make a purchase mistake!

Ive had 1 dealing with P & C i ordered a Sinn U1T from them in 2018, i was told it wasnt in stock as they are a special order i paid for it they emailed to say now in stock after 2 weeks and would be with me the next day which it was i was happy. But hearing recent events im tempted to go elsewhere for an elliot brown watch now!!!!!!

It seems all the items they sell are ‘special order’.
    They keep minimal stock and expect customers to pay for the item, then wait weeks whilst they buy the item and have it shipped to them.
    A great business model for the owners but a totally awful one for the customers.
    If they were up front about this there would be no problem. However they choose to lie time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    It seems all the items they sell are ‘special order’.
    They keep minimal stock and expect customers to pay for the item, then wait weeks whilst they buy the item and have it shipped to them.
    A great business model for the owners but a totally awful one for the customers.
    If they were up front about this there would be no problem. However they choose to lie time and time again.
    The last line is key to me. When I ordered the Zodiac there was no indication at all it wasn't in stock and would have to be ordered in.

Still no refund, heading towards a month of interest-free loan to Page & Cooper.

Looks like paskinner and the other apologists have gone very quiet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Who would they be then??
    Local to Belfast myself and don’t wanna make a purchase mistake!

It's come back to me, it was Nigel O'Hara but I think they folded a couple of years ago thank goodness.

Nigel O'Hara! I remember lending some money to them for a couple of months

Success, sort of! PayPal emailed me this morning to say the refund has been paid. It shows as a £375 refund and my account now has £61.05 in it! Ah, it seems I paid some from my PayPal balance and some from my bank account so all sorted. Phew.
    Last edited by Foxy100; 15th January 2019 at 12:20.

Success, sort of! PayPal emailed me this morning to say the refund has been paid. It shows as a £375 refund and my account now has £61.05 in it!

Now just the small matter of trying to work out how £375 has become £61.05...
    It's possible the payment only partially came out of your PayPal account (£61.05) and the remainder from your bank, so the remainder has gone straight back into your bank account

Master
    Success, sort of! PayPal emailed me this morning to say the refund has been paid. It shows as a £375 refund and my account now has £61.05 in it!

Now just the small matter of trying to work out how £375 has become £61.05...
    Check you bank, if you paid via dc/cc through paypal the refund should return to originating card not pp balance.

Thanks both, you replied while I was chatting to PayPal and editing the post, it has indeed gone back in part to my PayPal balance and apparently the rest will appear on my bank statement at some point.

One of the Directors was active here for a while:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/member.php?7336-jbbusybee

In fact, he was very active. Until he went quiet...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/search.php?searchid=17773879
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I have now bought an Elliot Brown holton from a AD that had it in stock rather than P&C. As im no longer willing to risk using them again due to reading the problems in this thread alone!!.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It's come back to me, it was Nigel O'Hara but I think they folded a couple of years ago thank goodness.
    Oh them.....how that was allowed to continue for so long is beyond me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Weirdly enough P & C seem to get very positive reviews on Google!???

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    We can rapidly address that issue!!

Master
    Just to keep this current:

Yes, they are like 10 types of useless all rolled in to one.

The Yema Superman I am selling on SC I first tried to purchase from Page and Cooper but they were evasive if they had any stock they really tried to push Me into buying it from them and parting with monies surely this is illegal advertising stuff that they do not have stock of so Be Warned do not purchase from them.