closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Apprentice

Page & Cooper: Delayed order update.

Just an update for those following this thread. I finally managed to speak to someone helpful at P&C yesterday named Matt. I finally got an apology for my delayed order and an explanation of sorts. One of Sinn's watchmakers has been ill and this has created a backlog of orders for the 104 ST SA A I ordered. I got a delivery commitment of 3 weeks and was assured there would be better communication from now on. I even spoke to Sinn in Germany who confirmed there was now a lead time of 8-10 weeks for new orders as a result of the backlog.

Neil from Chronomaster was very helpful, but he didn't have the model I was after in stock, otherwise I'd happily have placed my order with him .Iguanasell were helpful too and had the keenest price, but again didn't have the model strap combination I was after. So I feel have to give P & C an opportunity to come good on the order as placing an order with another supplier now won't get me the watch any sooner. This is of course if P & C deliver my watch within 3 weeks! The saga continues... I'll probably be back in 3 weeks to really put the boot into P & C, but I hope not.

Master
    Is this all a bit unfair? I've never dealt with Page and Cooper, but if they were as bad as suggested, they'd go out of business. Same with firms like Jura who regularly take a hit on TZ. If they annoy many customers, they will fail.
    Which suggests TZ criticism can be a bit over-the-top.

Master
    pompousmax: I’d be more inclined to cut P&C some slack if they offered you a freebie in return for the delay and poor communication. Even a decent strap added to the order would go some way towards showing their appreciation for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Where’s a good choice to get a Damasko serviced?
    whats so special about Damasko that a good independent watchmaker can not service ?

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    if they were as bad as suggested, they'd go out of business.
    Hopefully this will happen soon.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DimGR View Post
    whats so special about Damasko that a good independent watchmaker can not service ?
    Some of their watches have their own in-house movements and they don't sell the spare parts to independents.

Apprentice

P & C : Patience Required

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    pompousmax: I’d be more inclined to cut P&C some slack if they offered you a freebie in return for the delay and poor communication. Even a decent strap added to the order would go some way towards showing their appreciation for your patience.
    Hi Seabiscuit,
    I agree. It's all too easy to become frustrated and impatient when anticipating the arrival of a new watch. One can become a little obsessive and mono focused in the watch collecting hobby and our reactions to obstacles and delays are not always proportionate. I have been promised some dispensation from P & C and may indeed get some extra goodies from them. It's all about managing expectation at the end of the day and keeping the customer informed. This didn't happen to start off with, hence the rant!

I'll report back in Mid June.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately my damasko has stopped self winding, although fortunately just inside the warranty period. Looks like I'll get to put the title of this thread to the test.

Master
    I ordered 2 Squale straps in March. Mid April no sign so I called them - one was in stock but the mesh would be "another week or so". At my request (they hadn't got in touch to at all) they shipped the rubber strap. 4th June, still no mesh, so I called again. Still not in stock, still waiting for the Squale consolidated shipment they were waiting for in March, so I cancelled the order. They said my Paypal payment would be refunded, but here ware, 5 days later and no refund.

I'll call again Monday but if it's not immediately resolved I'll raise a PayPal dispute.

Rubbish company that I will never deal with again

Craftsman
    They have come back and told me that auto winding never fully charges a watch, doesn't sound quite right to me. Can imagine it may not fully wind if you're not very active but normally 10 winds & normal wear is enough to keep a watch fully charged overnight, or am I in the wrong here? Don't think I've ever had a watch stop at 1am before even after a fairly quiet day.
    Last edited by wombleh; 13th June 2018 at 10:08. Reason: FULLY CHARGES !

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    They have come back and told me that auto winding never charges a watch, doesn't sound quite right to me. Can imagine it may not fully wind if you're not very active but normally 10 winds & normal wear is enough to keep a watch fully charged overnight, or am I in the wrong here? Don't think I've ever had a watch stop at 1am before even after a fairly quiet day.
    Sounds complete b*ll*x to me. A day's wear is usually enough to fully wind. Good luck, but you were warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Neil at Chronomaster was great to deal with when I purchased my EZM3 in January.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I agree with this completely. Chronomaster offers great service and better pricing. Also way more helpful with spares and accessories.

Neil comes across as a genuine bloke running his business like clockwork. He also responds to emails quickly.

I'd never use them again. A watch showing as in stock wasn't, and after finding there was a ten week delivery period cancelled the order first thing in the morning as they just opened. Took a month to get a refund, even after being told the refund would get pushed through quickly, because of how fast the order had been cancelled.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Sounds complete b*ll*x to me. A day's wear is usually enough to fully wind. Good luck, but you were warned!
    That was my thought, but I will test it carefully myself before sending it off just in case there are any disagreements! To be fair they are happy to appraise it, with caveat there is a small fee if it's not a warranty issue.

Craftsman
    They have come back and told me that auto winding never charges a watch, doesn't sound quite right to me. Can imagine it may not fully wind if you're not very active but normally 10 winds & normal wear is enough to keep a watch fully charged overnight, or am I in the wrong here? Don't think I've ever had a watch stop at 1am before even after a fairly quiet day.
    Seriously, what the hell ?!?!?!

I wore my Sinn U2 every single day from 22 June 2007 until 13 July 2017 (when it stopped working and I sent it in for service). That is OVER TEN YEARS and I NEVER once had to hand wind this automatic watch.

Journeyman
    Crikey, quite sad to see all this negative feedback on them!

Anyone have any recommendations of Marathon dealers instead of P&C?

Master
    I won't even bothering looking at their pages now after this thread. They sound like complete chancers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    Seriously, what the hell ?!?!?!

I wore my Sinn U2 every single day from 22 June 2007 until 13 July 2017 (when it stopped working and I sent it in for service). That is OVER TEN YEARS and I NEVER once had to hand wind this automatic watch.
    Now I'll be honest and say I messed up here by missing a word that rather changes the meaning, although it's still not a correct statement, should have been - They have come back and told me that auto winding never fully charges a watch.

My experience is the same, if worn daily then you never need to wind it.
    Last edited by wombleh; 13th June 2018 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by figureeight View Post
    Crikey, quite sad to see all this negative feedback on them!

Anyone have any recommendations of Marathon dealers instead of P&C?
    https://www.heinnie.com/brands/marathon

I should stress I have never used them but I have heard good things about them.

I've had good experiences with Heinnie. My only experience with Page and Cooper was terrible. Ymmv.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    https://www.heinnie.com/brands/marathon

I should stress I have never used them but I have heard good things about them.
    Thanks - will check them out

Master
    Heinne are great. Dealt with them several times.

Craftsman
    I have never bought a watch from Heinnie Haynes, but I have been one of their customers for around 20 years and I have spent thousands on knives, Maxpedition bags & gear, TAD, 511, Hinderer pens, Flashlights etc. etc. and they have been a fantastic company. Quick delivery and hassle free on the rare occasions when I had had to exchange items such as clothing for a different size.

I'd highly recommend buying from Heinnie Haynes!

Heinnie's are fantastic always have their stock in stock, or can order it for you really quickly. Never had a problem, and super helpful if you need any advice.

Master
    After calling 2 weeks ago to see where my strap, ordered in March, was, and getting no information I asked them to cancel the order and refund my Paypal account. 2 weeks later, no refund, so called again, this time it just went straight to voicemail. I tried a few times then raised a Paypal dispute, which got very quick response from Jonathan, querying the amount I had disputed - this because the Paypal system seems to just raise a query for the whole order value, and one strap had shipped. I pointed out that if they had refunded when they said they would, or made any attempt to contact me in the last 4 months, I wouldn’t have raised a dispute, and in any case there’s nothing to stop them refunding the correct amount (which I had entered in the body of text anyway).

however, still no refund .....

Master
    Oh dear, it looks like I might have to send my watch back to Damasko in Germany for servicing.

What a shame there isn’t a decent a Damasko service centre in the UK anymore. After reading this thread, it seems I can’t trust P&C now.

The prices are at a premium, the service at a terrible low. What's the point in supporting a company like this?

I actually cringe if I see a for sale where they state they bought from P&C and the after-sales/warranty is still through them... Mentally it makes me devalue the watch! Buying through a UK AD should give you confidence.

They're great at posting (quite boring) self-promoting youtube videos but take days to respond to emails. What does that tell you?

Craftsman
    Indeed mine has an issue under warranty and I've given up on p&c, they have gone into radio silence and the 2 year period is running out, thankfully damasko are happy to help me directly.

As an individual rather than business I struggled to find a sensibly priced way of shipping anything to Germany with more than £1000 insurance, so lack of UK service support could limit purchase options in future.

Master
    Have any of the recently unhappy posters referred P&C to this thread? I have a distant memory of them being represented on here but I could be confusing them with someone else....

Page & Cooper, always bad service?

You’re right, Jonathon did used to be a member here although he’s not been posting for quite some time.

Master
    Well, I finally got my money back after raising a Paypal dispute. Unbelievably, Jonathan from Page Cooper first blamed it on Squale, then claimed they had called and tried to reach me (they did, but only after the dispute was raised) then accused me of only calling to have a rant - this after they had had my money for 4 months with no attempt to get in touch.

Not the way to run a business.

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Well, I finally got my money back after raising a Paypal dispute. Unbelievably, Jonathan from Page Cooper first blamed it on Squale, then claimed they had called and tried to reach me (they did, but only after the dispute was raised) then accused me of only calling to have a rant - this after they had had my money for 4 months with no attempt to get in touch.

Not the way to run a business.
    I can tolerate most things and am quite forgiving because mistakes happen, people are only human and go through some terrible things in life which can affect business, etc. BUT there is one thing that I cannot abide and that is dishonesty or any tomfoolery when it comes to money.

Unforgivable.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I can tolerate most things and am quite forgiving because mistakes happen, people are only human and go through some terrible things in life which can affect business, etc. BUT there is one thing that I cannot abide and that is dishonesty or any tomfoolery when it comes to money.

Unforgivable.
    Indeed. Terrible behaviour.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You’re right, Jonathon did used to be a member here although he’s not been posting for quite some time.
    If I recall correctly, he only joined when a member had criticised P&C sales and service.
    My own experience from 2013-2014 was both good and bad.
    Ordered a DA 37 from them and arrived in 3 days. Next was an extra strap which arrived very quickly.
    Hand an issue with my DA 37 and had to send back to P&C -that too 4 weeks. I believe at the time P&C did to have service facilities. When the bracelet was released I got one quite early on and the DA37 had to be returned to Damasko for 'proper' fitment - took over 4 weeks but was kept fully informed right from the start. The reasoner this was, different batches of th 3 series have some variation in the lug width and because the bracelets are new they need to be done by Damasko to ensure they're fitted properly.

Somewhere along the line I also bought a DC57 on a strap and later decided to get bracelet. I wasn't too keen on sending it back to Damasko. So P&C posted one out.
    The fit of the end links are a disaster, the endlinks keep slipping/flipping over. It is fine most of the time but when it happens it annoys me like hell - just my OCD. Compared to the DA 37 which show VERY tight tolerances - the end links don't budge . Didn't bother going back to P&C. Jonathon does B***s**t a bit. Any delay was promptly blamed on Damasko - lack of workers as they are a small company etc etc. Never P&C'c fault.
    I wonder If I should send pictures to Damasko to see if they can help?

Is is possible to swap the links from the DA 37 to the 57? I could it but I'm sure some one on TZ -UK will have tried it!
    Reading all this I won't be going back to them. They also had a few videos on YouTube at the time.
    Damasko do make cracking watches though.

As an individual rather than business I struggled to find a sensibly priced way of shipping anything to Germany with more than £1000 insurance, so lack of UK service support could limit purchase options in future.
    Have you checked transglobal express uk?
    They offered a higher insurance value and worked fine setting up a pickup here in Sweden to ship to UK.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    Have you checked transglobal express uk?
    They offered a higher insurance value and worked fine setting up a pickup here in Sweden to ship to UK.
    I hadn't but they look good, £2k limit on insurance and price is reasonable, so bit more wiggle room. Thanks for the tip!

Master
    Never knew this thread would continue after my vent about the poor service involving my refund; unfortunately appears low service is the norm rather than a rare occurrence.

Journeyman
    i was considering purchasing a sinn from page & cooper - looks like i might have to try chronomaster instead

Such a shame they have got and are keeping a poor reputation.
    I like what they did founding this business, it seemed a great store, with well-selected brands, nice video content on the website etc etc.
    And they were personable people (I spoke to them at Salon qp a few years back, and they were very keen, if a little full of themselves).
    But it seems they are concentrating on empire building rather than running a tight ship.
    It can be as well presented as you like, but if the core business is not functioning tightly, it is doomed.

I think they need a good ops person to run it very tightly, so that the founders can concentrate on ideas, as ops is clearly not their forte.

Dave

I bought a Sinn U1 from them 3 or 4 years ago and found the process a bit odd, with a few delays along the way. I had to chase them a bit and - whilst not terrible - getting the watch delivered (along with the subsequent purchase of a fully tegimented bracelet) was more re difficult than I expected dealing with a fairly local uk based company. Sadly I won’t be using them when a service is due. There have been too many threads like this since my purchase to ignore tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummar01 View Post
    i was considering purchasing a sinn from page & cooper - looks like i might have to try chronomaster instead
    Used Neil at Chronomaster to buy two watches last month. Had a chat on the phone, made a final decision on what I wanted, paid by bank transfer and received the watches the following day - well packaged and with a couple of unexpected gifts thrown in.

Neil was also cheaper than P & C.

If it's a choice between him and anyone else - I would chose him every time.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Would be quite interested to hear P&C response on this thread. Seems a bit one sided (although absolutely not disputing the claims of our venerable members above!)

Craftsman
    They have had a say before:
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post3976691

Will leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusion.

Apprentice

Paqe & Cooper : Non existent Sinn 104 from early April order!

My patience has been truly exhausted by the inept customer service at Page & Cooper. From a lead time of 3-4 weeks when I ordered a Sinn 104 on April 3rd I still hadn't received any scheduled delivery date when I contacted them yesterday. I've had to chase them in the ensuing weeks via email and phone calls all to no avail. At no point would they commit to a delivery schedule, always blaming order backlogs at Sinn and making vague assurances that the watch would indeed arrive in another 2-3 weeks, only for some other excuse to be proffered.

Now I await my refund,before I place an order with Neil at Chronomaster, which of course with the benefit of hindsight I should have done in the first place! What a tedious saga it has been . I probably won't take to the watch now, when I eventually receive one ..

Page & Cooper, always bad service? Emphatically yes in my case!

Quote Originally Posted by pompousmax View Post
    My patience has been truly exhausted by the inept customer service at Page & Cooper. From a lead time of 3-4 weeks when I ordered a Sinn 104 on April 3rd I still hadn't received any scheduled delivery date when I contacted them yesterday. I've had to chase them in the ensuing weeks via email and phone calls all to no avail. At no point would they commit to a delivery schedule, always blaming order backlogs at Sinn and making vague assurances that the watch would indeed arrive in another 2-3 weeks, only for some other excuse to be proffered.

Now I await my refund,before I place an order with Neil at Chronomaster, which of course with the benefit of hindsight I should have done in the first place! What a tedious saga it has been . I probably won't take to the watch now, when I eventually receive one ..

Page & Cooper, always bad service? Emphatically yes in my case!

Sorry to say, you will probably have to wait a month for your refund. They have to refund within 14 days, and they will take every one of them before they return your money, good luck.

Journeyman
    Nothing short of incredible this thread now. All been said before.....but if a company can’t deliver and is honest about it and quickly refunds, I would always check back with them again for a future purchase. If all is to be believed this will clearly not be the case!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Nothing short of incredible this thread now. All been said before.....but if a company can’t deliver and is honest about it and quickly refunds, I would always check back with them again for a future purchase. If all is to be believed this will clearly not be the case!

Quite.

This thread has probably lost them a fair number of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by figureeight View Post
    Quite.

This thread has probably lost them a fair number of customers.
    They've already lost a fair number of customers before this thread, including me. I wouldn't touch them with your barge pole. Spare a thought for those customers who aren't on watch fora - the majority I'd guess. Even so, I fail to understand how they're still in business TBH.

Master
    Just thought I’d update this ‘Sinn’s fault’ BS

I’ve ordered recently in 2 separate orders a tegimented clasp and a rubber strap direct from Sinn.

Both were posted the day after payment & arrived the day after that. Does really make you question how P&C can be such a shower of turd, blaming the manufacturer who were bloody marvellous in communication and service.

Half tempted to drop Sinn a note and inform them of how their reseller is blaming them for the incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Just thought I’d update this ‘Sinn’s fault’ BS

I’ve ordered recently in 2 separate orders a tegimented clasp and a rubber strap direct from Sinn.

Both were posted the day after payment & arrived the day after that. Does really make you question how P&C can be such a shower of turd, blaming the manufacturer who were bloody marvellous in communication and service.

Half tempted to drop Sinn a note and inform them of how their reseller is blaming them for the incompetence.

Do. They are a shower of ****s.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk