closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Hybrid View

Master

Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Ordered a Sinn Teg Clasp for a rubber strap 9th Feb, told 2 weeks delay, come 5th March nothing & on chasing informed it was Sinn’s fault.

Requested a refund & nothing through yet. Are they always this rubbish? It’s appalling not to be able to issue a refund in a timely fashion. WatchGecko as example refunded a strap the same day it was returned.

I’ve not dealt with them previously & can certainly state that I will go out of my way to never have to deal with them in the future.

Utter ridiculous level of service - I get it if Sinn were the delay, then communicate to me, but for **** sake if I ask for my money back for something that hasn’t arrived then do it in a timely fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    When did you ask for the refund?

Master
    Requested 5th March

I have only read negative threads about this company. There is no excuse for the refund delay. The last time I had to return something to an online shop (purchased via ebay from Sevenoaks hifi) it was refunded the same day they received it back, along with an email apologising for the issue. In this case where they cannot supply, it is difficult to see where the delay comes from.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Requested 5th March

That's ridiculous, I was wondering did the Easter hols slow down the bank processing but clearly not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Requested 5th March

Looks like they listed a video 3 days ago, but can’t pick up the phone to you. https://youtu.be/izrV1piYmf8

Really poor show; your customers should be number one in your priorities. If they had a forum as large as this praising them, they’d be a lot more successful, but there just seems to be an awful lot of unhappy responses on every thread I read about them.

Master
    Chejay, please could you keep us updated? I’d be interested to know if all goes well.

Journeyman
    Mmm worrying. I have been considering purchasing a Hanhart watch from Page & Cooper but this is the second poor customer service report I have seen. Things like simple refunds shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I had experiences in similar matters years ago regarding car audio equipment. Companies would advertise products in magazines that they didn’t have in stock, take the order and your money and you waited forever. If you requested a refund they just held your money till the product was in stock and could complete the sale.
    According to one whistleblower often the sale was eventually made as the customer often still required the item - the terrible practice had therefore become policy.

Master
    Agree, interestingly having heard them blame Sinn, I made contact with Sinn’s CS team who are able to get one sent out immediately....points more towards P&C (can think of a nickname there!), being the issue in the model.

Although to be fair, Jura have yet to reply to my contact regarding the clasp. I just fail to appreciate how hard it is to get back to customers; admittedly my customers are the Top4 grocers, and their demands are tough, but surely good quality CS is the backbone of a business.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Awful bunch to deal with. List watches in stock that aren't, don't inform you after ordering, don't return calls or emails in a timely manner. Always someone else's fault.

Avoid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've emailed them twice regarding servicing my Damaskos, and other work on my DC56 if in for service. I've never had a reply. They wouldn't get the steam off my p*** now.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Mmm....well that’s me pretty much decided my Hanhart purchase with Page and Copper isn’t going to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Mmm....well that’s me pretty much decided my Hanhart purchase with Page and Copper isn’t going to take place.

Try Five Ways Hi Fi in Birmingham for your Hanhart.

http://www.pilotswatches.co.uk/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Try Five Ways Hi Fi in Birmingham for your Hanhart.

http://www.pilotswatches.co.uk/
    Thanks for link. Will look into it. I take it you have had a good experience with Five ways.

It’s odd but, perception that is. The ‘design’ of Five ways website would actually put me off purchasing whilst Page and Coopers would attract me to purchase.

My experience with 5 ways Hi Fi is just a tad out of date, I bought my first decent music system there about 35 years ago! They didn't sell watches in those days, they were hi-fi (I bought a Dual turntable, JVC separates and LNB speakers) and Leica dealers.

Use Neil @ Chronomaster next time if possible. Sinn AD also and far better in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Thanks for link. Will look into it. I take it you have had a good experience with Five ways.

It’s odd but, perception that is. The ‘design’ of Five ways website would actually put me off purchasing whilst Page and Coopers would attract me to purchase.

I bought a Temption watch from Five Ways back in 2012. I recollect that I sent an email and a guy phoned me upon receipt of that to note my debit card details. The watch arrived the very next day. No issues with the ordering process or the watch itself.

I bought a Hanhart chrono a few months ago after placing a WTB here. Great watch and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you get one.

Craftsman
    I bought a squale rubber strap in February this year one week later still no strap. I call them up and the strap hadn’t even been dispatched two day late it turned up.

Here was my experience of Page and Cooper.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ht=page+cooper

Master
    Cheers guys, will give chronomaster a call.

Annoying to hear they are not much good as i was going to buy a Marathon diver off them at some point.
    I think I will unsubscribe from their email letter just so i dont forgot they are poor to deal with.

Are there any other Marathon dealers in the UK?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Annoying to hear they are not much good as i was going to buy a Marathon diver off them at some point.
    I think I will unsubscribe from their email letter just so i dont forgot they are poor to deal with.

They’ve 15% off Marathon watches right now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post

I've had a Marathon on order with them for almost 5 weeks now - they've been communicative enough and apologetic, but it's going to be another 2 weeks, apparently. That's not the best.

SGR

Journeyman
    Well my goodness, not a single good word for Page and Cooper here.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I asked for a quote for service twice, they just don’t bother to reply.

Master
    Wish I’d read this earlier. I’ve ordered a Squale mesh and a rubber strap from them, 28th March. Didn’t necessarily expect it before Easter but apparently it’s still processing! I will report back with news.

Have never dealt with them and don't intend to. Makes one wonder what they do all day. Can't be that busy I wouldn't have thought. Must be all that brewing up that takes the time... Or, maybe they're only open on a Friday for an hour.
    Last edited by Geralt; 1st April 2018 at 17:57.

Master
    Similar tale of woe from me.

Ordered a watch listed as ‘in stock’, and after a lengthy period politely enquired as to progress and was told it was on order and to ‘be patient’.

A lengthy email conversation ensued where basically it was everybody’s fault but P&Cs, and where they suggested it was somehow me being impatient.

Eventually got a refund, and vowed to never use them again, and haven’t.

Craftsman
    I was thinking about buying a hear from them but that's put me out off .I hate poor service .You pay your monies and expect your goods asap ....dissapointing

Journeyman
    I am so glad this thread appeared before I pulled the pin on a Hanhart purchase from Page and Cooper.
    I detest businesses that list products as ‘in stock’ when really they aren’t and have to be ordered. It’s so frustrating! I appreciate honesty, and if a product has to be ordered and takes 14 days for delivery, well that’s my decision to accept and it’s not necessarily going to put me off purchasing.

A few years ago (I think it was 2014) I sent my Fortis pilot to P&C for a service which was performed without any issues.
    I do remember them being a bit slow though, but nothing worse than that.

It’s really unfortunate that other members have had such bad experiences, there’s clearly something wrong with the way they work and I was just lucky.

The amazing thing is they represent a number of very good brands, such as Sinn, Damasko and Squale - that must have been some sales pitch to get AD status!

Fur coat and no knickers it would seem

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Just to bring some balance to this thread I’ve bought several Damaskos and various straps from P&C and also had Damasko repairs and servicing carried out through them.

I’ve never had a problem with them, although their communication could probably be better.

When I place an order for a Damasko or consign a watch for servicing I expect it to take a while as they are a tiny manufacturer and so perhaps my expectations as to waiting times are in line with the service P&C provide. In most cases the brands they deal with are very small, family-run enterprises who make pieces to order. For example, I believe Damasko are closed for a month’s holiday during the summer.

I have no affiliation with P&C and no doubt the posters in this thread are genuinely upset about their lack of service, but I would happily order from them again.

It's about managing expectations. If a watch isn't in stock, don't list it as in stock. Over promising and under delivering never ends well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve used Page & Cooper on several occasions for the purchase of two straps and a Squale 1521, never had a problem with them. Good communication and quick delivery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redpenben View Post
    I’ve used Page & Cooper on several occasions for the purchase of two straps and a Squale 1521, never had a problem with them. Good communication and quick delivery.
    Same here - bought a Damasko from them some time back. No problems at all.

z

A drop-shipper with fancy branding is the general consensus from all I've heard.

Bought a Squale from them a couple of years ago, didn’t have any issues, good comms,
    told me would be about 2 weeks for delivery and threw in a free extra strap as well.

Buying from them has been fine, my Sinn rubber arrived in a few days. Servicing has been a bit of a shock. When my ezm1 came back the chronograph hand was off and the watch still wouldn't wind automatically. Having said that, Sinn haven't sorted it either and it has been back to Frankfurt twice. I have been without it since October and have had almost no comms from P&C, and not a single word from Sinn themselves. I'm at the point of asking them to return it even if it is still in bits so that I can get a competent watchmaker to fix it.
    The service cost £475. Do think I should be entitled to compensation?

Journeyman
    It’s good to see a couple of thumbs up for Page and Cooper but I am still unsure if I would make a significant watch purchase from them.

As for being without your watch from October, that’s just crazy and totally unacceptable.

Journeyman
    Oops, I was there for Chronoswiss full service 6 weeks ago and I am getting nervous now after read this.......

Journeyman
    My concern for Page and Cooper is that the premium watch buying community is relatively small (smaller than I ever imagined anyway) and potential buyers of watches costing ££££ do quite a bit of research before parting with the cash. A phase I keep hearing is that you ‘buy the seller not the watch.’
    Customer service is therefore king and while no business is perfect, multiple bad reports must be damaging.

Apprentice

Page & Cooper: Delayed delivery a real cause for concern.

I've just found this thread, albeit a little too late ! I placed an order for a Sinn 104 ST SA with Page & Cooper on April 3rd. A delivery schedule of 4-6 weeks was specified at the time of ordering. My order status had not changed from processing when I checked last week after 6 weeks had elapsed. I phoned P & C to check was was happening. I received no apology for the now overdue order, but was informed there had been "quality issues with the watch dial" and there would now be a further delay of a "few" weeks before I'd receive my watch.

This is pretty atrocious customer service. It is surely a courtesy to contact a customer immediately when an issue will delay an order beyond an agreed delivery date. I wish I'd found this forum before I ordered with Page & Cooper, they may have a smart website , but their performance so far has been woeful . I was told to expect an email with a revised delivery schedule within 2 days of my phone call last Monday. None was forthcoming.No surprise there it would seem.

I contacted Neil from Chronomaster who got back to me promptly, but unfortunately didn't have the model variant I was after, but has specified delivery of my model is possible within 4 weeks. Should I stick or twist I ask myself? I should demand a refund a from Page & Cooper, put the episode aside as a bad experience and re order with Chronomaster. Either way, I won't be receiving my Sinn 104 anytime soon! Based on this I'd advise all to be wary of Page & Cooper. They evidently have some serious customer service issues at present.

Master
    I'd get your money back as soon as possible. Although that could take a while too.

Another reason to do this also; just imagine if you do get the watch and there is an issue with it and you have to deal with Page & Cooper about a warranty repair - thats just another large sh*tstorm you'd do best to avoid at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    I'd get your money back as soon as possible. Although that could take a while too.
    I would be looking to get my money back.
    Dealing with Chronomaster has always been easy in my experience so I would look to take my business there.

Get your money back. These are not people you should deal with.

Apprentice

Paqe & Cooper : Non existent Sinn 104 from early April order!

My patience has been truly exhausted by the inept customer service at Page & Cooper. From a lead time of 3-4 weeks when I ordered a Sinn 104 on April 3rd I still hadn't received any scheduled delivery date when I contacted them yesterday. I've had to chase them in the ensuing weeks via email and phone calls all to no avail. At no point would they commit to a delivery schedule, always blaming order backlogs at Sinn and making vague assurances that the watch would indeed arrive in another 2-3 weeks, only for some other excuse to be proffered.

Now I await my refund,before I place an order with Neil at Chronomaster, which of course with the benefit of hindsight I should have done in the first place! What a tedious saga it has been . I probably won't take to the watch now, when I eventually receive one ..

Page & Cooper, always bad service? Emphatically yes in my case!

Quote Originally Posted by pompousmax View Post
    My patience has been truly exhausted by the inept customer service at Page & Cooper. From a lead time of 3-4 weeks when I ordered a Sinn 104 on April 3rd I still hadn't received any scheduled delivery date when I contacted them yesterday. I've had to chase them in the ensuing weeks via email and phone calls all to no avail. At no point would they commit to a delivery schedule, always blaming order backlogs at Sinn and making vague assurances that the watch would indeed arrive in another 2-3 weeks, only for some other excuse to be proffered.

Now I await my refund,before I place an order with Neil at Chronomaster, which of course with the benefit of hindsight I should have done in the first place! What a tedious saga it has been . I probably won't take to the watch now, when I eventually receive one ..

Page & Cooper, always bad service? Emphatically yes in my case!

Sorry to say, you will probably have to wait a month for your refund. They have to refund within 14 days, and they will take every one of them before they return your money, good luck.

It is damaging and deservedly so. One of their owners used to post on here. He must still read threads which are mainly critical of P&C. Obviously they don’t give a toss