closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Page & Cooper, always bad service?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Maybe he was spending his creditors' money.
    Indeed. So few posts yet this was one of them.

Amazed the thread I started about these cowboys ended here. They were rotten for ages & blamed the manufacturers, who were strangely able to send straight away upon ordering directly.

Feel for the creditors, but glad to see this company close. Using new cash to refund prior orders no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he was spending his creditors' money.
    You may be right, I can only talk about my own experience of him and P&C, which was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    You may be right, I can only talk about my own experience of him and P&C, which was very good.
    Now who can argue with that?

Their videos on YT are inaccessible (marked as 'private') now. Covering their tracks or hiding their mugs?

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Their videos on YT are inaccessible (marked as 'private') now. Covering their tracks or hiding their mugs?
    Or perhaps they just don't want non-forum-obsessives thinking they're still trading?

Apprentice
    I purchased three straps from them last year and received a good service to be fair (dealt with Anushka).. grateful to members of the forum for sharing their experiences. Especially to those who are trying to get back their money and saving others from getting caught

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Or perhaps they just don't want non-forum-obsessives thinking they're still trading?
    As opposed to forum obsessives? Their site seems to have been taken down, too, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    As opposed to forum obsessives? Their site seems to have been taken down, too, btw.
    Yes, obviously - most normal people will have no idea they're not trading any more unless they remove their social media and online presence.

Craftsman
    Given they're bankrupt, wouldn't the YouTube channel be considered an asset, and would it still be under their control?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Given they're bankrupt, wouldn't the YouTube channel be considered an asset, and would it still be under their control?
    It's unlikely that their channels have pulled in much revenue but some make a fortune, so I guess they may lose control of it just in case there's still rush of interest in the Jonathan Bordell business model.

Journeyman
    Bordel in French means “mess”, “chaos”, “disaster area”. Quite apt it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zharko View Post
    Bordel in French means “mess”, “chaos”, “disaster area”. Quite apt it seems.
    Italian too. 'Che bordello!' = 'What a mess!'

It's all here:

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

All information is in the public domain.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Blog Entries
    This is effectively all done and dusted now but the liquidators' statement of receipts and payments (dated 30/04/2021) makes interesting reading. See it here: https://find-and-update.company-info...pdf&download=0

Some highlights:
    • Unsecured creditors (total of £198,614) will get nothing.
    • The liquidator's average hourly rate was £236.31 per hour.
    • The Helicon Watch Company Ltd bought a few of the assets. See messages above and notes in the report for more about The Helicon Watch Company Ltd.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 24th October 2021 at 05:11.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    This is effectively all done and dusted now but the liquidators' statement of receipts and payments (dated 30/04/2021) makes interesting reading. See it here: https://find-and-update.company-info...pdf&download=0

Some highlights:
    • Unsecured creditors (total of £198,614) will get nothing.
    • The liquidator's average hourly rate was £236.31 per hour.
    • The Helicon Watch Company Ltd bought a few of the assets. See messages above and notes in the report for more about The Helicon Watch Company Ltd.
    Seems slightly dishonest to set up another company ie helicon watch co owned by the wife BORDELL, Danielle Ruth and buy assets don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    [*]The Helicon Watch Company Ltd bought a few of the assets. See messages above and notes in the report for more about The Helicon Watch Company Ltd.[/LIST]
    Watch this space, will Jonathan Bordell soon start selling as HWC?
    Rather unsavoury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Seems slightly dishonest to set up another company ie helicon watch co owned by the wife BORDELL, Danielle Ruth and buy assets don’t you think?
    You may think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

I can say that that sort of asset purchase is entirely normal and common and is not inherently illegal.

I also think that one should remember that, for better or worse, limited companies are an entity in their own right and are distinct and separate from their shareholders and company officers. Thus anyone, including shareholders or company officers, can quite legitimately buy assets when the company is being liquidated.

I'm not defending this. Just observing how things are.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 24th October 2021 at 07:44.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    will Jonathan Bordell soon start selling as HWC?
    https://www.heliconwatches.com/

Oh, and this...

https://www.heliconwatches.com/about-us-1
    The Helicon brand of watches has been established by industry professionals with a proven track record of more than 20 years in the business. Experienced in all facets of concept, design and manufacture.

Over many years we have collaborated with leading brands, lovingly creating special limited editions and series production watches which have been excellently reviewed and eagerly sought after by collectors.

To this day, we also act as consultants to major companies who trust us to present watches for manufacture, each of which celebrates the finest in contemporary watchmaking.

We have a production team consisting of the very best watchmakers, micro engineers and artisans who draw on a huge resource of skills and techniques to rise to the challenge of each individual task set before them.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 24th October 2021 at 07:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Like it or not, its entirely legal and happens day in, day out.

I imagine HWC will raise it's head (in some form or another) as an online retailer before too long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I imagine HWC will raise it's head (in some form or another) as an online retailer before too long.
    See above...

I've never quite been able to make my mind up whether these people are con artists or are just utterly stupid and incompetent.

Either way - avoid.

Master
    I've never quite been able to make my mind up whether these people are con artists or are just utterly stupid and incompetent.

Either way - avoid.
    "Is the world run by smart people who are, how do you say, putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it?"

Having last night watched 'Gold' with Matthew McConaughy, based loosely on the 1993 Bre-X mining scandal, it seems that often someone well-meaning but foolish can be working alongside a smart, con-artist without knowing it.

Heliconwatches should be popular then.