closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sooooo ... did anyone buy a Damasko bracelet?

Sooooo ... did anyone buy a Damasko bracelet?

And if so what do you think? I know it's pricey but I do like my DC66 but it just does not get the wear it would do if it were on a bracelet. Also - it kind of a 'new' watch to fall in love with all over again with such a huge change of strap/bracelet! : )

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    And if so what do you think? I know it's pricey but I do like my DC66 but it just does not get the wear it would do if it were on a bracelet. Also - it kind of a 'new' watch to fall in love with all over again with such a huge change of strap/bracelet! : )
    I had one on a (now departed) DC56 ... I thought it was great, a real quality item.

I have a preference for bracelets rather than straps generally anyway, the Damasko one is really nicely engineered - would definitely recommend!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Sooooo ... did anyone buy a Damasko bracelet?

I have one, and it is the best I have seen!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Edit: the pic was good but it is crappy here!

L1001359.JPG
    Last edited by angeche; 31st March 2018 at 18:18.

Thanks folks - that's more than enough encouragement to push me over the edge! Apparently I've a very, very, very early DC66 so I've got to send it back for hand fitting .... such is life. On the flip side the early watches are meant to have a better movement .... allegedly!

Master
    Were they not horrendously expensive?

Oh yes. £500 for the bracelet + £500 for the service (for a Damasko)! I think I'll just get the bracelet and get the movement serviced elsewhere!

500 for that bracelet is OK IMHO. 500 for a service is just way too much....

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Mmmm, while I'm at it - any suggestions for someone who can service it, i.e. someone who's done a DC66 before (I know the 7750 is pretty standard)?

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    Mmmm, while I'm at it - any suggestions for someone who can service it, i.e. someone who's done a DC66 before (I know the 7750 is pretty standard)?
    Ryte Time
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but has anyone else any views on the Damasko bracelet?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Hey. I've got a bracelet for my DC66, and it love it, but it makes the watch into a seriously heavy piece of kit. As a result, my Damasko has been on NATOs and canvas straps for 6 months. I'm on holiday at the moment, and I might have a play tomorrow. I ordered some spare parts for the bracelet from Damasko - screws and bars - and their customer service was great.

I remember the bracelet being a bitch to fit, and it uses flexible springbars.

Give me 24 hours and I'll update the thread with some thoughts.

Master
    I have one for my DA34, I really like it, it it is a heavy watch when fitted.

I needed a second set of the comfort links to get the perfect fit, as was either too loose or tight. Think I ended up with 2 on one side and 1 the other.

Didn’t recall it being particularly tricky to fit, but might have been lucky! I originally purchased the watch to wear on NATOs and thought I’d sell the bracelet separately, but it made the watch feel so much more premium, that I kept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post

Give me 24 hours and I'll update the thread with some thoughts.
    OK, so I've been drinking today, so my posting might have to wait until tomorrow...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    OK, so I've been drinking today, so my posting might have to wait until tomorrow...
    Legend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, Christmas. The time of the year when I can call myself festive, rather than alcoholic.

I've got the Damasko back on the bracelet now, and I'm reminded that it doesn't quite work for me. Or, rather, it wo0rks but I prefer a good NATO or canvas strap.

First, the split springbars. These are new to me - I've not had another watch with them.

Each link on the bracelet is in three pieces - the sides are common, and differ from the middle piece.

No micro-adjust on the bracelet - a function of the double-fold clasp - but some of the links are a little larger than others. A large link on the left here.

The bracelet is a tight fit, and a pain to get in place. Nice to know that the Damasko steel is so scratch-resistant. You can clearly see the, what? Hex screws? Torqs? here holding the bracelet together.

And it's a good bracelet, it really is. A great match for the watch, stylistically.

But...

At the moment I'm still in the honeymoon period with my titanium G-Shock, so I'll probably wear the lighter watch later today when I go out. The Damasko bracelet is very well made, but a great fit for the watch, but I simply prefer the watch on something a little lighter.

Master
    I love the bracelet but I also prefer the DC 66 and 56 on a nice NATO.

The Damasko bracelet ruined my watch. After a couple of months I removed it to find that rust had formed on the watch case and the bracelet end link. The watch had to have a new case fitted, the brand denied that there was ever a fault with the bracelet and wouldn't replace the affected parts. I had to send the watch back multiple times and so with this and other issues, it was away for nearly two years.

You can read all about it here: Rust on DC56 Si case and bracelet https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4817115

Also, don't ever lose one of those springs for the lug pins - neither the brand themselves nor their retailers can be bothered to help with parts.
    Last edited by AKM; 21st December 2019 at 11:33.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    You can't as Damasko will not supply their custom seals to 3rd parties!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    And why they can rip you off to the tune of £500.

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I was wondering:

Has anyone tried the new submarine steel Damasko bracelet meant for the Ds30 series?
    And if yes, can anyone post the weight of the watch+bracelet?