closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai 44mm plays 47mm PLUS 45mm vs 47mm

Master

Panerai 44mm plays 47mm PLUS 45mm vs 47mm

Had these out at the same time the other day and thought I would share a comparision of a Luminor 44mm vs 47mm, in the form of PAM233 (45mm) and PAM368 (47MM). At times the difference seems modest - on the wrist - but at times it is very material.

I'll start with some on the wrist shots from the files.

233 first

And together - probably no need to say which is which.

The movements facing the same way....

My wrist is only a modest 6.8" but these are both wearable. Re the 47mm, if you're going to wear a heritage piece then why not go the full hog - although admittedly its 8 day movement is the same as the one in the 45mm, so not a full on 'pocket watch' size, as can be seen from the rear shots above.

Thoroughly enjoy wearing both of thse, and the 233 is joining my Rolex Hulk in place as my No2 keeper (Hulk will always stay), and the 368, who knows. Every now and then I think it colud free up some significant funds for something else, but it's such a distinctive piece with so many great features, that can't be found together on any other Panerai.

Here's just some parting shots, the first are the 233 with some of the lovely straps coutesy of Mario of 'Orloff straps', and then a beautiful strap case and the current shoes on the 233 being from Alfio of 'Bakeka handmade' - both craftsmen, and a pleasure to deal with - heartily recommend both of these gents and their wares.

And two final shots, showing how stuning the 368 is for someone who wears their watch on the right wrist - I tried it out as I actually prefer the crown in it's 'natural' orientation towards the hand - wearing a 'destro' on my left wrist confuses me asthetically at times.

Last edited by ASW1; 1st April 2018 at 23:08.

Master
    Lovely post. The 47 mm doesn't look too big on your wrist.

Sometimes I think the 47mm looks big because there’s no bezel.When you put them next to a 47mm sub the subs look small ,I can definitely vouch for Alfio’s straps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A really useful comparison!!! I'm really thinking about a 682 or 233 and this is really useful.

There's no way I could pull off a 47mm, I love the 233 but I'm still not sure about the 44mm though.

Master
    Nice post and interesting comparison. I find that the wire lug radiomirs wear smaller than their size would suggest, but would not be put off a 47mm luminor. They do wear surprisingly well for a big watch.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    This thread has made me want a Panerai , stunning shots

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ve had a 44 luminor and 45 Radiomir which I thought was pushing the upper end that my wrist could handle. However, there are a number of 47mm that I like but have shied away from because of size. This post has encouraged me to at least try one.

Thanks to the OP for doing this comparison.

Master
    Glad this has been useful. Given the comments perhaps it might be helpful to add some Radiomir 45mm vs 47mm....

47mm (PAM425 - now departed to pastures new)

45mm (PAM346 - now departed to pastures new)

Given reference to 47mm Luminor PAM389 diver compared to other 47mm Luminors, completely agree - the bezel thickness makes it shrink on the wrist

And, for context, here are some similar perspective pics of my wrist with a Sea Dweller 4k (on left) and a Sub

My grail was 47mm 372. However much I tried it on & thought I could pull of the size, it was just a tad to big. Settled for a 44mm 560, which pretty much since June last year has been my daily. Fits much nicer and with some thick aftermarket straps hugs the wrist better. My wrist size is 6.5” and 42mm my perfect size.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The bigger cases for me, i think they wear smaller than their size.