closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan aka Webwatchmaker.

Grand Master

Brendan aka Webwatchmaker.

My Rolex SD is now back where it should be after Brendans expertise,serviced etc so good for a few more years on the wrist.

So if you need someone,Brendan knows his stuff......many thanks Brendan.

There are other watch repairers out there!.

No photo?
    Click bait

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What about the pressure test?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Fair comment , but if the watch isn`t used for serious diving I think a test up to 10 bar is adequate.

Strictly speaking the watch should be tested more rigorously to ensure it meets design criteria, but provided it doesn`t leak during the rigours it's subjected to I don`t see an issue. Horses for courses.

Even though Brenden's not Rolex accredited I suspect he can conjure up any parts he might need........I think it's fair to say he's well-connected.

Paul

Nice. Hopefully my Omega will be ready soon as it’s nearly three months

Grand Master
    Passed just fine,but as with all my watches they won't feel a splash of water let alone venture under it.
    My life doesn't require that they need to,and ALL my watches if/when sold will be in the same superb condition I keep them...........My choice.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    No photo?
    Click bait

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    No pic,most know what a 1990 Rolex SD looks like......more a public Thankyou to Brendan tbh.

Brendan aka Webwatchmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    No pic,most know what a 1990 Rolex SD looks like......more a public Thankyou to Brendan tbh.
    Yeah your right, I was just interested but alas it’s a fairly bog standard watch anyways.
    Tbh

Wouldn't this have been better as a hero post given that the OP just wants to record his appreciation.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Passed just fine,but as with all my watches they won't feel a splash of water let alone venture under it.
    My life doesn't require that they need to,and ALL my watches if/when sold will be in the same superb condition I keep them...........My choice.
    I was just wondering if he had a deeper tester. 10 bar IMO is fine for a dive watch, I last did mine at this pressure and it survived a month at 640'

mike

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wouldn't this have been better as a hero post given that the OP just wants to record his appreciation.
    Could go in there too yes,but not really a problem posting here too(Is it?)as its information about watch service etc,so hero post or here would have seen the same response IMO.

You ok with that?.....or should I remove the post from here ya think?.

Could go in there too yes,but not really a problem posting here too(Is it?)as its information about watch service etc,so hero post or here would have seen the same response IMO.

You ok with that?.
    Apologies, I was actually trying to help with people asking for photos and questioning the pressure testing - certainly not having a go

Master
    Blog Entries
    Imo 16Bar-20Bar EASILY reachable with a 16g Co2 cart and high pressure rated Upvc tube.

Master
    I was just wondering if he had a deeper tester. 10 bar IMO is fine for a dive watch, I last did mine at this pressure and it survived a month at 640'

mike
    He has a deeper tester. He tested mine to 30 bar a while back. No idea what he can do at present.

Grand Master
    Apologies, I was actually trying to help with people asking for photos and questioning the pressure testing - certainly not having a go
    I didn't think you were tbh.I did think about putting the post where you said as it is relevant,just thought as it was applicable to actual work on a watch which we all need at times it would be viewed more in here.

I didn't think you were tbh.I did think about putting the post where you said as it is relevant,just thought as it was applicable to actual work on a watch which we all need at times it would be viewed more in here.
    The problem with that is you are logically required to provided nuts and bolts details and some images. You can't just say he is a good egg and leave it at that. There have been some great before and after service threads. All depends how much detail you want to include.

Grand Master
    The problem with that is you are logically required to provided nuts and bolts details and some images. You can't just say he is a good egg and leave it at that. There have been some great before and after service threads. All depends how much detail you want to include.
    Wish Id not posted the damn thread now...oh well another lesson learned.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 28th March 2018 at 21:55.

Master
    Yet that is all that is needed for a Hero thread and nobody suggests otherwise.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bet Brendan's gotta Roxer Natator 40.
    Last edited by Bry1975; 28th March 2018 at 22:41.

He did my Exp II late last year. Just a movement service as it was already very nice anyway but it was quick and inexpensive and the watch has been bob on since. I’d use Brendan again for sure.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Nice. Hopefully my Omega will be ready soon as it’s nearly three months
    I am grateful to any customers who recommend my services.
    Some of you never even bother to acknowledge receipt when your watches are returned after repair.

In your case Mr chef, you are fully aware that a chronograph wheel needs to be made for your Omega and that my engineer, who is now unique in this country, would take some time to make it.
    You are of course welcome to contact me and I can return the watch if you prefer, rather than post an ungrateful comment hidden amongst TZ posts.
    You know that Omega would charge you a great deal more than I will so please feel free to send it to them.
    The OP was simply sharing his appreciation of my work and a minority of you take issue with that.
    How shameful can you get ?
    Oh, and Wallasey Runner, what exactly does 'logically required' mean ?
    Are you now the Post Editor ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 29th March 2018 at 08:38.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    The OP was simply sharing his appreciation of my work and a minority of you take issue with that.

Who are you accusing Brendan?

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Who are you accusing Brendan?
    Read the entire thread.
    I'm not giving you any ammunition to prolong a pointless argument.
    I work hard and do my best and appreciate anyone who recognises that.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...atchmaker-Hero

I posted this in H&V about a week ago. I am sure in whatever we do for a living we don't please 100% of the people 100% of the time - but I would not hesitate to use him

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Read the entire thread.
    I'm not giving you any ammunition to prolong a pointless argument.
    I work hard and do my best and appreciate anyone who recognises that.

empty, but no worries.

Master
    We are short of good watch technicians; best to treat them well. Brendan did a good job for me, on several occasions.

I am grateful to any customers who recommend my services.
    Some of you never even bother to acknowledge receipt when your watches are returned after repair.

In your case Mr chef, you are fully aware that a chronograph wheel needs to be made for your Omega and that my engineer, who is now unique in this country, would take some time to make it.
    You are of course welcome to contact me and I can return the watch if you prefer, rather than post an ungrateful comment hidden amongst TZ posts.
    You know that Omega would charge you a great deal more than I will so please feel free to send it to them.
    Oh, and Wallasey Runner, what exactly does 'logically required' mean ?
    Are you now the Post Editor ?

Brendan I think you have misunderstood my post. The OP posted in watch talk that he had received a watch back from you and is happy. I simply posted that hopefully mine will be finished soon and nothing else. I have no idea how long it takes to make a part and don't really care as don't mind waiting and if I did have a problem I would have messaged you. If you don't wish to complete the job because of my post then I am happy for you to return it to me but that would be a shame

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...atchmaker-Hero

I posted this in H&V about a week ago. I am sure in whatever we do for a living we don't please 100% of the people 100% of the time - but I would not hesitate to use him
    Absolutely. Top man to deal with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Brendan I think you have misunderstood my post. The OP posted in watch talk that he had received a watch back from you and is happy. I simply posted that hopefully mine will be finished soon and nothing else. I have no idea how long it takes to make a part and don't really care as don't mind waiting and if I did have a problem I would have messaged you. If you don't wish to complete the job because of my post then I am happy for you to return it to me but that would be a shame
    Understood.
    My engineer can make pretty well any watch part and is therefore in great demand.
    His current workload extends to next October but as we have been friends for donkeys years he tries to fit my jobs in as priority.
    He repaired a similar chronograph wheel to yours, fitted to a JleC and wrongly assembled by Frédéric Piguet at their manufacture, which took a few months too. It's a difficult job because the rivet which holds the wheel together is miniscule and a devil to remove.
    I hate keeping customers waiting.
    I don't get paid til the job is done !

Dear oh dear Brendan, calm down.

The OP wanted to praise your work and that's great. I simply suggested that a Hero status would serve just as well. When others asked for details and images the OP did not want to go into that kind of detail, he just wanted to praise you. I then pointed out to the OP that if you do a thread in WT you need to provide some detail or images or a before and after - you can't simply say Brendan's a great guy and leave it at that.

Hence why a Hero status would have been more appropriate on this occasion.

Now get back to fixing Mr Chef's Omega

Banned
    Dear oh dear Brendan, calm down.

The OP wanted to praise your work and that's great. I simply suggested that a Hero status would serve just as well. When others asked for details and images the OP did not want to go into that kind of detail, he just wanted to praise you. I then pointed out to the OP that if you do a thread in WT you need to provide some detail or images or a before and after - you can't simply say Brendan's a great guy and leave it at that.

Hence why a Hero status would have been more appropriate on this occasion.

Now get back to fixing Mr Chef's Omega
    I am quite calm thank you.
    It's not up to you what and where people post.
    Neither is it up to you to interfere with the progress of my work.
    Best you mind your own business !

I'm very happy indeed with Brendan's services - used twice now, once to straighten a dial on an old watch with no dial feet - local watchmaker said it would be 'impossible' (!) and he stopped a rattle on my Legend Diver that turned out to be the inner bezel mechanism (local watchmaker said it was a worn rotor bearing. It wasn't).

Great comms and fast turnaround. All the qualities of a professional service with the feeling of working with a proper enthusiast and true gentleman.

Blog Entries
    Happy to add to this thread that Brendan did a brilliant restoration job on an old Omega for me. Not an expensive or rare watch but he took the time and trouble to sort it out for me. Would not hesitate to recommend his services.

I am quite calm thank you.
    It's not up to you what and where people post.
    Neither is it up to you to interfere with the progress of my work.
    Best you mind your own business !

For a thread that started out praising you, you are making yourself look a bit of a fool.

Banned
    For a thread that started out praising you, you are making yourself look a bit of a fool.
    First arrogance. Now insults !
    Nice guy !

Another well-intended thread heads to the TZ depths, how sad. You come across annoying people (including charlatans from other recent threads) in all walks of life, it doesn't mean we have to respond to them or stoop to their level.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Another well-intended thread heads to the TZ depths, how sad. You come across annoying people (including charlatans from other recent threads) in all walks of life, it doesn't mean we have to respond to them or stoop to their level.
    You’re right. My post deleted.

What’s the price difference with an RSC service?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad you did,I wasn’t aware of him so thanks for the info.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No he isn’t.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I think that’s for the OP and Brendan to know, on the odd occasions I take work on I never post prices on the open forum. Suffice to say the price will be significantly lower than Rolex charge. Price depends on what exactly the iwner wants doing to a watch and whether parts are charged separately. Best thing to do is contact Brendan by PM.

It’s a shame this thread has gone downhill in the manner it has, a couple of comments taken out of context and the blue touch paper is lit. It seems to be a Rolex thing, many threads with the word Rolex in seem to go this way.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 29th March 2018 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I think that’s for the OP and Brendan to know, on the odd occasions I take work on I never post prices on the open forum. Suffice to say the price will be significantly lower than Rolex charge. Price depends on what exactly the iwner wants doing to a watch and whether parts are charged separately. Best thing to do is contact Brendan by PM.

It’s a shame this thread has gone downhill in the manner it has, a couple of comments taken out of context and the blue touch paper is lit. It seems to be a Rolex thing, many threads with the word Rolex in seem to go this way.

Paul
    Anyone else's prices would be discussed, don't see why being a TZ member should make a difference.

I phoned Rolex St James yesterday regarding servicing my 16600

£550 plus any extras.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Anyone else's prices would be discussed, don't see why being a TZ member should make a difference.
    Paul is absolutely right.
    I have no right to discuss the prices I charge my customers.
    If they wish to do so they are welcome.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Brendan’s prices are listed on his site… https://webwatchmaker.com/index.php/prices/
    I suspect the term “English Chronometers” is the one you’ll use, rather than the plain “Automatic” ones.

Paul is absolutely right.
    I have no right to discuss the prices I charge my customers.
    If they wish to do so they are welcome.

The question about prices wasn't necessarily directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Brendan’s prices are listed on his site… https://webwatchmaker.com/index.php/prices/
    I suspect the term “English Chronometers” is the one you’ll use, rather than the plain “Automatic” ones.
    Competitive prices however this would concern me -

‘Return postage Royal Mail Special Delivery next day guaranteed and insured up to £2500.’

Not sure I’d trust my SD to RM. I can walk to RSC so that works for me personally.

Banned
    The question about prices wasn't necessarily directed at you.
    Good to know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    I think you may misunderstand.
    An English chronometer has a chronometer escapement which dead beats half seconds.
    It is not a Swiss lever escapement.
    The Swiss use the word chronometer to describe a lever escapement which rates within specific accuracy.