closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont Adventurers - Leo Holding

Bremont Adventurers - Leo Holding

As I’m sure several of you do, I get the Bremont Adventurers invites. I usually ignore, but I’m definitely going to the above in London 17th April.
    Until my mid 30’s I was an absolutely addicted rock climber and have met Leo a couple of times. He once gate crashed my climbing clubs Xmas dinner meet and the next day we saw him leading an E3 (the climbers will understand) in the Llanberis pass, barefoot, in Mid November! He was probably still pissed. Frankly I can’t believe he’s still alive.

Anyway - anyone else going?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    As I’m sure several of you do, I get the Bremont Adventurers invites. I usually ignore, but I’m definitely going to the above in London 17th April.
    Until my mid 30’s I was an absolutely addicted rock climber and have met Leo a couple of times. He once gate crashed my climbing clubs Xmas dinner meet and the next day we saw him leading an E3 (the climbers will understand) in the Llanberis pass, barefoot, in Mid November! He was probably still pissed. Frankly I can’t believe he’s still alive.

I might actually...and I never managed to break E1...although I went a different direction, mixed to TD. Had a great trip to JTree about 10 years ago, spent a week climbing all day up to about 5.8 - 5.9. Confidence always held me back from climbing g harder and now with a family the risk of the big routes is harder to justify!

I led a couple of E5's and was pretty solid at E4 for a good few years despite a bad fall on Lundy Island which resulted in my tib & fib out the side of my leg & a helicopter ride to hospital.

Really, really miss climbing & I still go very occasionally - once a year to the grit & indoors once or twice a year, but I get serious joint pain in my elbows these days.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    I led a couple of E5's and was pretty solid at E4 for a good few years despite a bad fall on Lundy Island which resulted in my tib & fib out the side of my leg & a helicopter ride to hospital.

Really, really miss climbing & I still go very occasionally - once a year to the grit & indoors once or twice a year, but I get serious joint pain in my elbows these days.
    I'm with you. Never a good rock climber. Probably a few E1s at best but mainly just enjoyed long multi-pitch mountain routes in Scotland. More of a winter climber (to V,5 classics) and big mountains around the world. A few too many really bad injuries and job/family means those days are probably past but I still enjoy a bimble and 'once a climber always a climber'!

We had Leo speak at the RGS a couple of years ago for our charity. He's a great guy and good fun.

Andy

I may well get down for it. I told "Springer" (that is what we call Leo) I'd try. Also another mate of mine sponsored by Bremont who is off to K2 for his 3rd attempt this year will be there. In fact there may be a gathering...all we need is Timmy back from Canada, the Gresham down from the lakes, and the games will commence!

Andy, I remember talking to you about your climbing years at a London GTG years ago. I don't get the Bremont invites but would go if I could, Leo Holding seems to be an interesting and genuine guy.
    Enjoy

Master

I normally get the invites but I haven't this time? Anybody have the link where you can register (possibly already too late)?

Fellow climber here, trad up to E2. Currently spend most of my time bolt clipping though, and am 8 weeks in to my 12 week training plan for my annual trip to Kalymnos.

For those wanting to go, but not invited, try asking Samantha.Blanchard@Bremont.com
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

Kalymnos...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    and am 8 weeks in to my 12 week training plan for my annual trip to Kalymnos.
    sigh!

Slightly off topic but if anyone fancies a climb and is in the Hertfordshire area I'd be happy to meet up at a wall for a belay and watch natter

As the user name suggests, I spend my spare time in the Lakes mainly or Wales, sometimes Scotland yomping on the hills but have so much admiration for climbers. Scrambling is as close to it as I get. I enjoy reading about the subject and will one day get myself to an indoor wall.

On Saturday, I was at the base of Jacks Rake in the Langdales about to ascend up to Pavey Ark when I let a family of four pass me. The 'Dad' who lead was wearing a PO 2500 on bracelet and I remember thinking Wow! not a bad beater! I had my Fortis B-42 on rubber nato which took a scrape or two.

Ever give much consideration to which watch you'll wear for a climb? I'm always on the look out for a good outdoors watch and have used several pieces from a Bremont, Expl.2 to my current beater choice - Fortis but miss using a chrono outdoors.

Jon