timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lemania

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    Sell it to me please!!!!!!
    I'll put you on the waiting list - you are #11

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    ......I managed to track down a split second Lemania Nero stop watch .....
    Those are great, there are a couple of different versions afaik, one of them really elegant with blued spade hands.

I've one of the very few Danish military watches that survived the quartz fever - a Lemania stop watch.

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    I'll put you on the waiting list - you are #11

Those are great, there are a couple of different versions afaik, one of them really elegant with blued spade hands.

I've one of the very few Danish military watches that survived the quartz fever - a Lemania stop watch.

Weak at the knees.

crikey, there are some very handsome watches on here. I'd love to learn some more about them. Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?

Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    crikey, there are some very handsome watches on here. I'd love to learn some more about them. Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?
    Breguet bought what remained of the company and while it is renamed and making movements I think much of the history is lost to the wider public.

Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?
    I haven't googled it, but I can't think of any site that tells the full story about Lemania as a watch brand. Their movement manufacture is better known and until very recent Lemania was providing movements under own name to the swatch group members.

Mr. "Sweets" is the living Lemania encyclopedia and will hopefully chime in to point you in the right direction for additional info. There is further a lot of info found on the Lemania forum on ATG where Sweets is the moderator.

PS. check this link: http://atgvintagewatches.com/lemania...d-history.html
    Last edited by longbear; 1st April 2018 at 00:15. Reason: added info

Thanks Lars, that's very kind of you.
    That link is indeed my potted history of Lemania, a piece I wrote a while ago that I have since foundcopied and pasted all over the place.
    The actual Lemania workshops are now indeed Breguet's HQ, but it was Swatch group that buried Lemania in order to breathe life back into the Breguet corpse.
    shame.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Thanks Lars, that's very kind of you.
    That link is indeed my potted history of Lemania, a piece I wrote a while ago that I have since foundcopied and pasted all over the place.
    The actual Lemania workshops are now indeed Breguet's HQ, but it was Swatch group that buried Lemania in order to breathe life back into the Breguet corpse.
    shame.
    Dave
    Lovely. Thanks chaps. Now I at least have somewhere to start!:) I see a new obsession developing....

Just grabbed a shot of mine before the light fades.

Lemania are cool.