timefactors watches
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 78 of 78

Thread: Lemania

  1. #51
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    342

    Lemania

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusu View Post
    I'd love it if Eddie did a HS/|\9 homage, white or black dialled.
    Agreed. Iíve been thinking about adding and looking for a nice white faced watch and after becoming aware of the Lemania brand via this forum I absolutely love the style of their watches. I would definitely order one and would be happy to pay now.

    Last edited by canuck; 8th May 2018 at 16:37.

  2. #52
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    435

    Lemania

    I guess I should play the game as well:

  3. #53
    Master ed335d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    I guess I should play the game as well:
    That's just greedy!

    Cracking trio

  4. #54
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    I guess I should play the game as well:
    Oooof, 3????
    That is a game you've played and won in one fell swoop.
    Although the top left one needs a little work.
    I'll take it off you to get it going again..........

    Dave

  5. #55
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Oooof, 3????
    That is a game you've played and won in one fell swoop.
    Although the top left one needs a little work.
    I'll take it off you to get it going again..........

    Dave
    Its off to get repaired in the next couple of weeks - I have most of the parts to complete.

  6. #56
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    Its off to get repaired in the next couple of weeks - I have most of the parts to complete.
    Good, I love it when good watches get returned to the land of the living

    Dave

  7. #57
    Master Argon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,735

    Lemania

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    I guess I should play the game as well:
    Very impressive!

    Do you think youíll be able to track down correct main dial seconds hands for the two that are missing these? The red-tipped one appears to be correct.

  8. #58
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Very impressive!

    Do you think youíll be able to track down correct main dial seconds hands for the two that are missing these? The red-tipped one appears to be correct.
    I don't think it easy to get the correct second hands, and the red is not correct, they should be the same colour as the other hands. I think there is an Omega one that is very similar, but again hard to find. In some ways I'm not too bothered about it, as these were tool watches and were maintained with whatever was available at the time.

  9. #59
    Master Argon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    the red is not correct, they should be the same colour as the other hands.
    I know the red isnít correct. I meant the hand itself looks to be correct. In any event, can be painted easily enough...

  10. #60

    Lemania 2 button chronograph joins in.


  11. #61
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40

    Lemania Fleet Air Pilot Series 1 black dial

    I am interested in this Lemania black dial Series 1 but the loss of paint along the very edge of the black dial bothers me as I have something similar happened to my Omega 53.
    Is this issue common to vintage black dial watches as I have seen several ones having similar condition. Any thoughts please, and should I buy it (GBP2400 - 2600). I already have the white / cream dial one.


  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    A recent purchase but a firm favourite.
    I was never sure if the uneven printing on the dial of my(long gone, sadly) one was a fault, but it seems not.

  13. #63
    Hi can someone shed some light on this,what do the numbers mean on the back,this has recently been found in my wifeís grandads house,itís not running great and is a bit battered,would it be worth getting sorted


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Hi can someone shed some light on this,what do the numbers mean on the back,this has recently been found in my wife’s grandads house,it’s not running great and is a bit battered,would it be worth getting sorted
    It looks like a nice one. It is for Navy Fleet Air Arm, HS /|\ 9 stands for Hydrographic Service. /|\ is called the broad arrow, means crown property, 9 is the stores code for a chronograph wristwatch. It costs more to service a chronograph than a standard wristwatch, say GBP300? I would say it should be serviced if you plan to wear it.
    By the way, the push button is a wrong one. If you plan to sell it, let me know.
    Last edited by NobitaD; 6th July 2018 at 04:53.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by NobitaD View Post
    It looks like a nice one. It is for Navy Fleet Air Arm, HS /|\ 9 stands for Hydrographic Service. /|\ is called the broad arrow, means crown property, 9 is the stores code for a chronograph wristwatch. It costs more to service a chronograph than a standard wristwatch, say GBP300? I would say it should be serviced if you plan to wear it.
    By the way, the push button is a wrong one. If you plan to sell it, let me know.
    What would be a realistic figure in this condition and what could it achieve if serviced and cleaned,thanks much appreciated


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #66
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman at heart
    Posts
    917
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    What would be a realistic figure in this condition and what could it achieve if serviced and cleaned,thanks much appreciated


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Around 2.5K

  17. #67
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Around 2.5K
    Saw a nice one, with all lumes on hands sold for GBP 2.4k recently. Serviced too.

  18. #68
    Out of interest, apart from the asymmetric case (and dial colour obviously!), what is the difference between the OP example and the one on OF at the moment -

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/lema.../#post-1022656

    It started off at 6900usd, and is now at 5700usd (about 4400gbp). Is it particularly special / rare?

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Out of interest, apart from the asymmetric case (and dial colour obviously!), what is the difference between the OP example and the one on OF at the moment -

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/lema.../#post-1022656

    It started off at 6900usd, and is now at 5700usd (about 4400gbp). Is it particularly special / rare?
    Hi,
    Might be easier to look at this from common points. As OP, might not be willing to open up his watch etc. So there are too many unknowns.

    So both are issued to British force's.
    Both are single pusher Lemanias with tritium lum. Obvious I cannot say for sure it's tritium as will need black light to confirm on both.
    Both are 20mm lug width, in solid steel. The chronograph is a 30 two sub dial variety. Running seconds at 9, 30min chrono at 3 with central chronograph second hand.

    Finally they are both Lovely!!!

    Hope I've helped,
    P

    Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Out of interest, apart from the asymmetric case (and dial colour obviously!), what is the difference between the OP example and the one on OF at the moment -

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/lema.../#post-1022656

    It started off at 6900usd, and is now at 5700usd (about 4400gbp). Is it particularly special / rare?
    Yes, lovely British used chronograph, it is in my watch list. The one for sale in OF is expensive in my opinion.

  21. #71
    Thanks for replies. So does anyone know or be able to hazard a guess at what model ref the OF example is? It doesn't have the HS9 back, obviously, but other than the asymmetrical case it looks very similar.

  22. #72
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Thanks for replies. So does anyone know or be able to hazard a guess at what model ref the OF example is? It doesn't have the HS9 back, obviously, but other than the asymmetrical case it looks very similar.
    It is a Series 3 monopusher issued 1970, the designation 6BB means it was issued to Royal Air Force. The movement should be cal. 2220.
    These were also issued to Fleet Arm of Royal Navy which uses 0552 on the case back rather than 6BB.

  23. #73
    Ahh ok thanks for that, interesting. Talking of 6bb, 0552 etc, I have an issued cwc G10 from 1995 and it has the code 0555... Any idea which arm that was issued to?

  24. #74
    I decided to get this serviced and cleaned up,itís not back yet but hereís a couple of photos got a new pusher fitted more like the original,can anyone give more information now the serial number is visible,Iíve also seen a couple with the numbers on the back crossed out and replaced with I think a nato number,not really sure what this is for .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I decided to get this serviced and cleaned up,itís not back yet but hereís a couple of photos got a new pusher fitted more like the original,can anyone give more information now the serial number is visible,Iíve also seen a couple with the numbers on the back crossed out and replaced with I think a nato number,not really sure what this is for .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice HS9 sir, is it a family piece or something you found yourself?

    As for crossed out, also referred to struck or strike through, yes just like word processing tools. It's part MOD stocktaking. The earlier pieces did not match the new NSN coding. Also standards got amended/upgraded as time would pass. So it's quite possible to see HS9 a non incablock like yours. Become 0552....3305. As a transfer of old code to new. But also HS9 upgrade to incablock and added high altitude tensile ring for crystal and reassigned to RAF. Hs9 struck with 6b or 6bb... 3306. During this period there was a shortage of resources. Another cause for stuck casebacks.

    I have deliberately left the "... " as it get very nerdy and alot of variant exist in the time frame of your watch. After 69 it would be logged as 6646-99-920-3305
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad View Post
    Ahh ok thanks for that, interesting. Talking of 6bb, 0552 etc, I have an issued cwc G10 from 1995 and it has the code 0555... Any idea which arm that was issued to?
    0555 = Royal Marines

    Hope this helps guys
    P

    Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

  26. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by TapAptPat View Post
    Nice HS9 sir, is it a family piece or something you found yourself?

    As for crossed out, also referred to struck or strike through, yes just like word processing tools. It's part MOD stocktaking. The earlier pieces did not match the new NSN coding. Also standards got amended/upgraded as time would pass. So it's quite possible to see HS9 a non incablock like yours. Become 0552....3305. As a transfer of old code to new. But also HS9 upgrade to incablock and added high altitude tensile ring for crystal and reassigned to RAF. Hs9 struck with 6b or 6bb... 3306. During this period there was a shortage of resources. Another cause for stuck casebacks.

    I have deliberately left the "... " as it get very nerdy and alot of variant exist in the time frame of your watch. After 69 it would be logged as 6646-99-920-3305
    0555 = Royal Marines

    Hope this helps guys
    P

    Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    It was the wifeís grandads ,but I donít think he was in the forces ,so not sure where he got it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The case back is so shinny! Has it been polished?

  28. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by NobitaD View Post
    The case back is so shinny! Has it been polished?
    Probably,itís currently being serviced and cleaned up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •