timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemania

Lemania

A recent purchase but a firm favourite.

Master
    Blog Entries
    a very nice Series 1 Monopusher Chronograph. These are a good size for a vintage military issued piece.

It is 38/39 in reality but it wears much bigger. Bigger than my 16610 Sub. Really weird!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's the size of the dial I guess. More of the diameter of the sub case is taken up by the wide rotating bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    A recent purchase but a firm favourite.
    Congrats, I'd say firm favourite too, but I'm a bit biased. Any chance of seeing to real goodies, caseback etc.

I was also surprised that after the honey moon passed I still reach for mine very very often. It's just so easy to wear and handle.

Wear it in good health
    Pat

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine:

Master
    Blog Entries
    What does it say on the back of your's?

Here is mine.

As you can see from my profile pic, Lemania is a thing for me. I deliberately went for a single struck, sterile dial series one, as close as possible to how Lemania delivered it to the MoD
    Dave
    Last edited by sweets; 23rd April 2018 at 09:56.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Here is mine.

As you can see from my profile pic, Lemania is a thing for me. I deliberately went for a single struck, sterile dial series one, as close as possible to how Lemania delivered it to the MoD
    Dave
    I love Lemania and have bought two this week alone.

The sterile dial is a great find and would like one in the collection, for me a like the military aspect of the single pusher chrono.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd like the nuclear sub one. I've also got a 1963 birth year series 3 which I'm rather fond of.

I'm really beginning to appreciate the models without a rotating bezel - so clean looking. For the time being I just have the 1872

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    I'm really beginning to appreciate the models without a rotating bezel - so clean looking. For the time being I just have the 1872

Oo that's very nice indeed

Sell it to me please!!!!!!

I really like lemania watches. Very cool things.

I managed to track down a split second Lemania Nero stop watch to go with my Lemania HS 9, which I was given many years ago.

I have thought about moving it on to a collector a few times and getting something to replace it but I like it and would not be able to find another.

Sell it to me please!!!!!!
    I'll put you on the waiting list - you are #11

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    ......I managed to track down a split second Lemania Nero stop watch .....
    Those are great, there are a couple of different versions afaik, one of them really elegant with blued spade hands.

I've one of the very few Danish military watches that survived the quartz fever - a Lemania stop watch.

Yep, I really have a thing for Lemania too. Not sure why but I find them super cool.

Not military but a recent pick up for Ł200 and I am super happy with it.

Maybe we should start a ‘show your Lemania’ thread?

I'll put you on the waiting list - you are #11

Those are great, there are a couple of different versions afaik, one of them really elegant with blued spade hands.

I've one of the very few Danish military watches that survived the quartz fever - a Lemania stop watch.

Weak at the knees.

crikey, there are some very handsome watches on here. I'd love to learn some more about them. Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?

Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    crikey, there are some very handsome watches on here. I'd love to learn some more about them. Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?
    Breguet bought what remained of the company and while it is renamed and making movements I think much of the history is lost to the wider public.

Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    Are there any good sites that you recommend for info on Lemania?
    I haven't googled it, but I can't think of any site that tells the full story about Lemania as a watch brand. Their movement manufacture is better known and until very recent Lemania was providing movements under own name to the swatch group members.

Mr. "Sweets" is the living Lemania encyclopedia and will hopefully chime in to point you in the right direction for additional info. There is further a lot of info found on the Lemania forum on ATG where Sweets is the moderator.

PS. check this link: http://atgvintagewatches.com/lemania...d-history.html
    Last edited by longbear; 1st April 2018 at 00:15. Reason: added info

Thanks Lars, that's very kind of you.
    That link is indeed my potted history of Lemania, a piece I wrote a while ago that I have since foundcopied and pasted all over the place.
    The actual Lemania workshops are now indeed Breguet's HQ, but it was Swatch group that buried Lemania in order to breathe life back into the Breguet corpse.
    shame.
    Dave

That is stunning. It looks great on that strap, is it a military strap ?

The strap is a "Re-made DEF-3 / A.F.0210 / Type 37 pattern strap" made by "Rev-O" a few years ago. It was a one man project, and I just checked the old thread over at MWR and he doesn't take any more orders - project is closed.

An original A.F.0210 can be seen in this thred:
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...s-to-be-seen-!

Once again I curse photobucket, so many good photo references has gone after their shameless change of account settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Thanks Lars, that's very kind of you.
    That link is indeed my potted history of Lemania, a piece I wrote a while ago that I have since foundcopied and pasted all over the place.
    The actual Lemania workshops are now indeed Breguet's HQ, but it was Swatch group that buried Lemania in order to breathe life back into the Breguet corpse.
    shame.
    Dave
    Lovely. Thanks chaps. Now I at least have somewhere to start!:) I see a new obsession developing....

Just grabbed a shot of mine before the light fades.

Lemania are cool.

Been meaning to stop by again, so I doubt I was missed since and two of the three heavyweights have dropped in the mean time.

Oh the joy of Le-mania-c's. Wow lovely show of some great examples. 817 wowee, really interesting gold applied numeral and a Dk issued...

Hope my images load OK
    Front and back clam case hs9 and a roulette dial alarm sorry taken just before easter.

Cheers p

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    That is stunning. It looks great on that strap, is it a military strap ?
    Beautiful!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

I haven't seen one of these South African Air Force Lemanias in the thread yet, so here's one of mine ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I haven't seen one of these South African Air Force Lemanias in the thread yet, so here's one of mine ;)

Love this one!

I've a dozen or so Lemania 5100s, but only one with Lemania on the dial -

Master
    I was wondering if you'd post, when I saw the above.
    Hope all is well with you Andy. You have some lovely Lemanias.
    I wish there were some of a better size for me, but I think the values have rocketed so much, I'm not so sure I'd have to interest in buying nowadays.

Got a couple of 5012s

And this faux military one which was built with bits around a 5100

Last edited by ed335d; 22nd November 2021 at 19:17.

Some nice Lemania in this thread my only one a little different does not go on the wrist. It's a Italian Navy clock that goes on the bulkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    I've a dozen or so Lemania 5100s, but only one with Lemania on the dial -

I’m loving that.

A very special piece, those lucky South African pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by TapAptPat View Post
    Been meaning to stop by again, so I doubt I was missed since and two of the three heavyweights have dropped in the mean time.

Oh the joy of Le-mania-c's. Wow lovely show of some great examples. 817 wowee, really interesting gold applied numeral and a Dk issued...

Hope my images load OK
    Front and back clam case hs9 and a roulette dial alarm sorry taken just before easter.

Cheers p

Show a bit more of the blue dial if you can?

Lemania

I haven't seen one of these South African Air Force Lemanias in the thread yet, so here's one of mine

I like that strap - where did you get it?

Here’s my SAAF 5012:

Last edited by Argon; 18th April 2018 at 20:57.

You have more than one..gaaasp..are they all SaaF?

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    I've a dozen or so Lemania 5100s, but only one with Lemania on the dial
    Nice... Nice.. Andy

Show a bit more of the blue dial if you can?
    I'd be happy to, since you pick just the day for some photos. And that we all need to unsee 2 SaaF in one thread. Any more lurking?

So it's just perfect for an early evening rotation.

Cheers pat

Really loving those SAAF watches amongst the others. Wow... a reissue would be successful I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TapAptPat View Post
    I'd be happy to, since you pick just the day for some photos. And that we all need to unsee 2 SaaF in one thread. Any more lurking?
    There are already 3 in this thread

I too would be curious to see whether any others surface.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Really loving those SAAF watches amongst the others. Wow... a reissue would be successful I would think.

Yup I recon this will do...If you buy new.
    A-13a from Paulo over on wus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    There are already 3 in this thread

I too would be curious to see whether any others surface.
    3 oh my days, time to get a "bri" going I think it might lure a few more into the sunshine..

Just off set the mods about I've included a nice 3 series hobnail dial so back on track.

This one belongs to a friend. Her dad was a pilot and she wears it everyday. She obviously has no interest in parting with it, but I do try and keep her updated every now and then, just so she knows its commercial, not just sentimental value. If only she had picked it up in a junk shop. Sad face.

IMG_4148 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Master
    Just picked up this mint (almost NOS) Revue Thommen Airspeed Chrono with the Lemania 5100 - not a military issue - though perhaps it should have been. 38.5mm diameter makes it a very wearable size, titanium case is light and low profile - very clear display and the tritium lume still glows even after 15-20 years.

Last edited by HappyJack; 19th April 2018 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

It would have to be by Breguet though. Why they got rid of the brand lord only knows

Master
    It would have to be by Breguet though. Why they got rid of the brand lord only knows
    I think Breguet describes the 584/Q movement in their XXI chrono as being a Nouvelle Lemania movement...but it was originally, as I understand it, based on the Lemania 1340.

Image test

Last edited by quietly; 4th April 2020 at 23:49.

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Got a couple of 5102s

And this faux military one which was built with bits around a 5100

Hell they're good looking watches, must have taken ages to gather those together, well done, very envious.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Hell they're good looking watches, must have taken ages to gather those together, well done, very envious.
    Thanks, just noticed the typo, should be 5012’s!

The one in the 140/142 case came from a fellow enthusiast and was my first real introduction to Lemania.

The ‘Silverstone’ was on the wish list as soon as I saw one and it took a while to hunt one down. Had to be the blue herringbone dial, even though my main interest is Heuer.

The ‘military’ was built around the movement and has a Heuer case. It took nearly a year to find all the right bits & pieces and to get it assembled.

Journeyman
    I'd love it if Eddie did a HS/|\9 homage, white or black dialled.