closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: That'll teach me!

Journeyman

That'll teach me!

Said on another thread last week how the Alfa 147 I'd bought on SC for £650 had given me almost 20,000 miles of trouble free motoring. Should have known better. Last night, while waiting at the Theale roundabout on the A4, a big old Ford Transit Tipper hits me up the chuff at quite some speed. Two hours on a backboard and a trip to A&E later I'm back home.

On the plus side, my insurers have offered me £800 if I settle today.

Slightly more curiously, November 2011, I was hit by another workman's van (this time a new style VW Transporter) a mile on from where this happened, two days after the clocks changed, rather than yesterday's one. That time I had a fractured skull and a brain haemorrhage, so I'll take today's aches and pains willingly.

Given the recent SC threads on cashing in, am I allowed to make £150 on this car without offering it back to the forum first?

Master
    Good to hear you are alright but I think a substantial contribution to the fundraiser is in order to appease the pitchfork hordes.

Surely you have had it serviced in that time so fair to offer it up to the forum for what it owes you ?

Sorry to hear about your accident and what a pity it is the end of a great car. If you accept their offer, I would suggest you make sure it is not in "full & final" settlement as it is very early to be certain you don't have any damage to your body. Not encouraging a claim just reminding you not to close the door before you are certain you won't need to.

Agreed ^
    Also, it was a “mate’s price” and when they are keen to close I suggest you may try to push the car up a little. And don’t sign any settlement which includes yourself. Especially with the earlier accident.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Journeyman
    Thanks all. I've had the years of pain settling the previous accident. Unfortunately this ain't my first rodeo.

Even though there was an admission of guilt by the third party, he was prosecuted and found guilty, his insurers still tried to starve me out by delaying three years until offering a reasonable settlement. They knew I ran my own business and had been unable to work for the best part of a year due to the brain injury. They hoped I'd take the first stupid offer they made. I still came out of it well down on the deal, but am alive at least.

Glad to hear you are OK. Sorry another Alfa has bitten the dust prematurely.

I think your experiences may be related to the apparent effect of traffic accidents increasing markedly just after daylight savings time starts. I remember hearing about it from someone else before but this is the best reference I can find.

https://www.mcmaster.ca/inabis98/occ...l#introduction