Hybrid View

Banned

Best Nato

Anyone recommend a top quality Nato?

Budget?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Budget?
    No limit really. Looking for an 18mm lug width though.

I'm not sure what your definition of 'quality' is for a NATO but I've found Phoenix to be the best all-rounder.

Another vote for Phoenix here.

Banned
    Thanks guys.

Looks like you have the answer you need but I’ll add another “tick” in the Phoenix box.... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Phoenix are the best and I have tried most.

Our good host sells extremely good Natos.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Has anyone tried a bark and Jack nato?

Timefactors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few Phoenix but find Eddie's are more comfortable and don't fray. Even better they cost about half as much.
    "A man of little significance"

Money no object: Omega

Best of the rest: Timefactors Deluxe

Best of the cheap ones: Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Eddie's are more comfortable .
    This
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Banned
    I really like the Omega and Timefacters Deluxe. The black and orange would suit perfectly but, neither are available in 18mm unfortunately.

+1 for Phoenix

But it does also matter for which watch you intend to use it for. Phoenix have a more matt finish which works great for vintage watches where many of the other NATO options just are too shiny. I believe you can see the difference in Sinnlovers last picture, my guess is that the three dark grey are Phoenix.

/L

Timefactors have blasted hardware and are a little thicker than the Phoenix ones. The clincher for me is that the holes on the Phoenix ones are too far apart and I can't get a comfortable fit. Timefactors' natos have more holes, closer together.

Also the Timefactors braided is excellent.

Plus the Timefactors come in RAF style so you don't need to cut the flappy bit off.

And the new Timefactors grey is much nicer than the Phoenix grey.

CWC's branded NATOs are very much like Phoenix ones and they do a nice maroon. I'd like a few more solid colours in the Timefactors ones - red and orange really.

I prefer Timefactors.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint View Post

Plus the Timefactors come in RAF style so you don't need to cut the flappy bit off.
    If you buy a Phoenix RAF strap, it will be a RAF strap, no need to cut anything off!

Blog Entries

Best Nato

I've just tried out the ZULUDIVER Seatbelt Nato from WatchGecko

I quite like it - and nice & soft too

z
    Last edited by zelig; 20th April 2018 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    If you buy a Phoenix RAF strap, it will be a RAF strap, no need to cut anything off!
    Where are Phoenix RAF straps available from, please?

Quote Originally Posted by longbear View Post
    +1 for Phoenix

But it does also matter for which watch you intend to use it for. Phoenix have a more matt finish which works great for vintage watches where many of the other NATO options just are too shiny. I believe you can see the difference in Sinnlovers last picture, my guess is that the three dark grey are Phoenix.

/L
    Correct the light grey is a CWC all in the top pic are Phoenix.

I just received a Fortress strap from Haveston, ordered 2pm Thurs, at my door 9.05am today. Extremely well packaged,the quality is superb. The buckle is slightly larger than Eddie's deluxe Natos in all dimensions. The sliding keeper on the buckle end moves the full length of that side of the strap, from seam to seam, and the friction between the two parts keeps it where it's put. No need for tucking the loose end in and no bulk on the outside of the wrist. Certainly worth the money. I'm not saying this is the best, just that it's another choice of colour and fit. Here's a few quick phone pics . . .

Last edited by magirus; 21st April 2018 at 10:21.
    F.T.F.A.

I love the Havestons, but they can feel a little rugged which might not suit for when you want to do the daring thing of putting a nato on something dressier.

I got one of these earlier this week and it's quite nice, feels like a car seatbelt and "slick" to the touch so goes well with anything that you don't want the rugged vibe for: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222919850516 - they're worth the money, but nowhere near an Omega or Phenome.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I just received a Fortress strap from Haveston, ordered 2pm Thurs, at my door 9.05am today. Extremely well packaged,the quality is superb. The buckle is slightly larger than Eddie's deluxe Natos in all dimensions. The sliding keeper on the buckle end moves the full length of that side of the strap, from seam to seam, and the friction between the two parts keeps it where it's put. No need for tucking the loose end in and no bulk on the outside of the wrist. Certainly worth the money. I'm not saying this is the best, just that it's another choice of colour and fit. Here's a few quick phone pics . . .

Don't you normally prefer to cut the extra flappy bit off your natos? If so, does floating keeper on the Haveston mean you don't need cut the extra off?

I ordered exactly the same strap on Saturday as a result of seeing this post. A bit of an impulse buy after one or two beers! It arrived yesterday and I'm delighted with it. In fact I just put it on the Divex Pro 200M (purchased a couple of weeks ago as a result of another thread here!) and I think it looks great. The sliding keeper is a brilliant idea as it makes the whole thing look very neat.

So, thanks for the recommendation, I'm now a convert to Haveston straps!

Ian

I agree about timefactors have several - have just had a couple from moosestraps in Canada after seeing them on YouTube. The premium slim straps are amazingly soft - feel like seat belt material and are very good quality. Pay via PayPal and had no issues with delivery etc.
    pete

Haveston over on the PRS18Q thread looked interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For fyi here, I have purchased one of the newer ones and included a few pics on my landmaster. The slimmer profile works for smaller watches, but I prefer the ruhhed fortress style too for my Voyager. I've queried what they intend to do going forward and will update people if they like.

I have to say that the above shots on the Landmaster make the strap look a lot better than it does on the Haveston website.
    F.T.F.A.

Eddie's and Zuludiver NATOs are both excellent

I have to say that the above shots on the Landmaster make the strap look a lot better than it does on the Haveston website.
    Strap is growing on me - it is extremely comfortable actually. The slimmer profile works very well with the Titanium. Dare I say maybe more comfortable than the Fortress....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Strap is growing on me - it is extremely comfortable actually. The slimmer profile works very well with the Titanium. Dare I say maybe more comfortable than the Fortress....
    I've never doubted it might be comfortable, it's just the aesthetics. Is it as shiny in life as it looks on the Haveston site? If it is I'm wondering if a few washes (which you know I do regularly) might improve it. Is it appreciably thinner than the Fortress in your hand?
    F.T.F.A.

These have become available recently:

https://www.watchitallabout.com/shop/

Only available in 'Bond' at the moment but they look pretty good and if he gets some plain colours in I'll deffo be trying them.

I've never doubted it might be comfortable, it's just the aesthetics. Is it as shiny in life as it looks on the Haveston site? If it is I'm wondering if a few washes (which you know I do regularly) might improve it. Is it appreciably thinner than the Fortress in your hand?
    Under the light it can be a bit shiny - but that hasn't bothered me. My biggest bugbear is I do wish it was a lighter shade, but I only fret about that when I dwell on it.

It is noticeably thinner but that maybe due to it feeling softer - a bit like the Deluxe NATO. Thats the closest I can give as an example in how it feels.

Craftsman
    Maybe due to this thread reappearing, Eddie's put a hold on orders!

When I've googled the phoenix ones you get a load of different sellers - are they all as good as each other?

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Maybe due to this thread reappearing, Eddie's put a hold on orders!

When I've googled the phoenix ones you get a load of different sellers - are they all as good as each other?
    He's not open on Mondays. Try the shop again tomorrow

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    He's not open on Mondays. Try the shop again tomorrow
    Ordered! That's the holiday natos on the way
    Last edited by greenandblack; 12th June 2018 at 13:02.

This arrived today from Barton Watch Bands, another lighter coloured strap for my Voyager for summer use . . .

[/url]

First impressions - very well made from quality webbing, hardware lightly brushed with a sheen to it, had planned to remove the "extra bit" to get the buckle and keeper under the wrist rather than the side but will give it some wear first, will almost certainly trim the length so no strap end showing out of keeper, slight sheen to the material but definitely not shiny. $18.50 + $2 postage, took 7 days, no extras to pay.
    F.T.F.A.