closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SLA019J1

Seiko SLA019J1

I absolutely love this Basel release and want to pull the trigger. Jura have it at £2,900 (which you can get 10% off using discount code) however that’s a huge premium on what is essentially a MM300 with a ceramic bezel and green dial.

I’ve noticed the US/Canadian dealers having RRP stated at around £2100 which is a bit more reasonable but then there’s 20% VAT to factor in.

Anyone seen it in EU for less? I understand it’s coming out July even though Jura’s listing says April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£2.5k here which will save you £100 off the Jura '10% off' price.
    I really like it but not enough to cash in my SBDX017 and throw over £1000 extra at it.
    It's come in for some stick on WUS (if that kind of thing matters to you) for having the Prospex X on the dial instead of 'Marinemaster' but I like the dial. I'd just have to find a way to cope with being out of step with WUSthink.

Obviously the smart way to buy one of these is to wait until the week after launch and buy one from Vinny.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 25th March 2018 at 16:33.

Banned
    It’s a beauty but it’s overpriced for what it is . It should be priced around the price of the mm300 around £1500

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    It’s a beauty but it’s overpriced for what it is . It should be priced around the price of the mm300 around £1500

Please tell me where I can buy a new MM300 from an European AD (ie VAT free) for £1500?

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    Please tell me where I can buy a new MM300 from an European AD (ie VAT free) for £1500?
    You could have bought one from uhrenlounge.de for that before it was discontinued.

Master
    Uh huh. And I could have bought a 14060 for £1500 before that was discontinued. It’s been upgraded so it’s certainly worth more than the SBDX017-which was hugely undervalued to start with.

And I could have bought a 14060 for £1500 before that was discontinued.
    Not last month you couldn't. An utter irrelevance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Not last month you couldn't. An utter irrelevance.
    So, your answer is No we cannot buy an SBDX017 with VAT paid for £1500. And an upgraded watch is worth more than the model it replaces. Ergo, it’s worth more than £1500, and probably more than the £1700-1800 an SBDX017 would cost us today. So we’re getting closer to the c£2,200 that MCH found the model for. Is a ceramic bezel worth £4-500? For me, no. For others? Perhaps.
    It’s certainly worth more than £1,500.

What a watch but for ~£2.5 I think I would try a Tudor first. Also a shame they’ve put the Prospex on the dial.

Can’t wait to see some real world pictures. Most of the pics from Basel weren’t great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What a watch but for ~£2.5 I think I would try a Tudor first. Also a shame they’ve put the Prospex on the dial.

Can’t wait to see some real world pictures. Most of the pics from Basel weren’t great.

The lights at the Baselbooth sucks so it’s very hard to take good photos there but the SLA019 looks great!
    The EU prices are stupid of course.

Journeyman
    is this the replacement for the MM? gets confusing with all the new models coming out of basle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
    is this the replacement for the MM? gets confusing with all the new models coming out of basle.
    Is s a LE model but there will of course come a black dial version which will replace the mm300.

Master
    What’s the lug to lug length on these out of interest? I’ve had an MM300 but hated the clasp; have they changed that?

Even the current mm300 exceeds Tudor in quality I thought as well as value for money of course. Only my opinion having owned both.

Shame they changed the wording on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemacca01 View Post
    Shame they changed the wording on the dial.
    I guess it's more properly called an X300 now?

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Even the current mm300 exceeds Tudor in quality I thought as well as value for money of course. Only my opinion having owned both.
    I don’t see the additional quality myself - having 6 more expensive Seiko models, including the MM300, in front of me alongside a few Tudor watches - I’d say the Tudor are a step above, in dial finish, lume application, bezel action, crown action etc. and unlike most I don’t see anything fabulous about the finishing on the MM300 case either. Nice as it is with the exception of the crap bracelet/clasp.
    It's just a matter of time...

I currently own an SBDX017 and a Tudor Heritage Chrono. Clearly different watches and I wouldn't choose between them but I reckon the Tudor edges it on finishing.

edit: having said that, I have an odd relationship with my MM300. There's quite a lot I don't like about it, mainly that it's too tall, I don't like the bracelet and have never really found a strap that suits it, but then I look down at it and instinctively think 'Wow, that's nice'.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 2nd April 2018 at 16:55.

Love the green looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I currently own an SBDX017 and a Tudor Heritage Chrono. Clearly different watches and I wouldn't choose between them but I reckon the Tudor edges it on finishing.

edit: having said that, I have an odd relationship with my MM300. There's quite a lot I don't like about it, mainly that it's too tall, I don't like the bracelet and have never really found a strap that suits it, but then I look down at it and instinctively think 'Wow, that's nice'.
    It’s one of those watches that does that indeed. Not really practical but oh so nice.

Did they change the clasp on the green SLA by the way?

I’ve put a deposit down on one ,I wouldn’t have bothered if it had been black,the fact it was limited numbers did it for me

I’ve had and sold a Black Bay Black and a MM300. While they are both nice watches and I have a real soft spot for the Seiko there is no chance that the Seiko is higher quality. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a subjection opinion isn’t very trustworthy on this one.

RRP on the SLA019 has just been increased to £3,200

http://www.seiko.co.uk/collections/m...9#.WsNQc2jTWEc

Glad I got in at weekend

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    RRP on the SLA019 has just been increased to £3,200

http://www.seiko.co.uk/collections/m...9#.WsNQc2jTWEc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Glad I got in at weekend
    Hope you won’t get stung but a deposit does not normally protect you from price increases.

Maybe this was the official Seiko UK price and Jura got it wrong by converting Euro price.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Hope you won’t get stung but a deposit does not normally protect you from price increases.
    Not sure how it works but I do have a receipt telling me the balance,I was told the deposit was refundable,will have to see

I’ve had and sold a Black Bay Black and a MM300. While they are both nice watches and I have a real soft spot for the Seiko there is no chance that the Seiko is higher quality. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but a subjection opinion isn’t very trustworthy on this one.
    We can agree to differ then. I've had the older and newer mm300 as well as a Black Bay Black and maintain the Seiko is superior quality. Then again I think the Ginault Ocean Rover trumps the Tudor for significantly less and equals the Seiko...

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Not sure how it works but I do have a receipt telling me the balance,I was told the deposit was refundable,will have to see

If it states the balance I think you will be fine.

Is the rubber green?

So, your answer is No we cannot buy an SBDX017 with VAT paid for £1500. And an upgraded watch is worth more than the model it replaces. Ergo, it’s worth more than £1500, and probably more than the £1700-1800 an SBDX017 would cost us today. So we’re getting closer to the c£2,200 that MCH found the model for. Is a ceramic bezel worth £4-500? For me, no. For others? Perhaps.
    It’s certainly worth more than £1,500.

Here you go, Ergo Man.

What did your ebay one sell for?

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/marine-...0m-ref-sbdx017

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Maybe this was the official Seiko UK price and Jura got it wrong by converting Euro price.
    Actually I think it's probably the other way around - it's been my experience that the people running Seiko UK's website aren't exactly in the loop. I bet the Seiko web people just put up the Euro price without even converting - they've also got the SLA025 at £5500. You'd think Jura's reps would have got the correct price while at Basel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    Actually I think it's probably the other way around - it's been my experience that the people running Seiko UK's website aren't exactly in the loop. I bet the Seiko web people just put up the Euro price without even converting - they've also got the SLA025 at £5500. You'd think Jura's reps would have got the correct price while at Basel.
    Could very well be the case indeed.

Master
    Here you go, Ergo Man.

What did your ebay one sell for?

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/marine-...0m-ref-sbdx017
    So $ 2650 inc import fees.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    So $ 2650 inc import fees.

No import fees with Gnomon.

Master
    Because they label $50 value?

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Because they label $50 value?

Something along those lines. yes.

How can you guarantee that. They used to put $20 on everything so people didn't pay any VAT etc, but recently the likes of Gnomon and Creation have been declaring the correct values and people end up getting hit by the tax man. I have paid VAT on a Steinhart from Gnomon.

Personally I would factor 20% VAT in and if you don't get charged it, great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    How can you guarantee that.
    It's my guess/opinion. I don't guarantee anything.

It's my guess/opinion. I don't guarantee anything.
    That's fine, but there have been several threads on this subject and a lot of people have stopped buying from the Far East because the prices are no longer attractive when you add 20% plus up to £20 for a carriers handling charge on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That's fine, but there have been several threads on this subject and a lot of people have stopped buying from the Far East because the prices are no longer attractive when you add 20% plus up to £20 for a carriers handling charge on top.
    My opinion is based on my experience of six weeks ago when I bought a MM300 from them. I benefited from another member's same experience that they'd passed on, though I knew there were no guarantees.

Deliveries have started.

Uh huh. And I could have bought a 14060 for £1500 before that was discontinued. It’s been upgraded so it’s certainly worth more than the SBDX017-which was hugely undervalued to start with.

For £1500 i could have bought a Berkshire manor house surrounded with 300 acres of prime farmland in the 18th century. What's your point?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.