closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GMT and Basel coincidence

Journeyman

GMT and Basel coincidence

I enquired at a London dealer regarding a BLNR in mid January. I was told that they would look out for one but please be patient.
    Then today with all the Basel speculation regarding the gmt coke, I emailed them whether they could keep me in mind for the Coke if it is released (as well as the BLNR).
    The dealer phoned me up within 5 minutes to say he had a BLNR for me ready to collect today. So exciting to get the Batman quicker than I expected but it does seem a bit of a coincidence?

Perhaps no one ahead of you on the list picked it up as they're waiting to see what Basel has to offer?

Craftsman
    From what I gather from various posts, there has been a delivery of sports models (particularly BLNRs) to ADs this week - no idea whether that's just coincidence or perhaps the last delivery pending Baselworld releases...guess we'll know more tomorrow, but I'm certainly very happy to have been a beneficiary of this

Master
    Blog Entries
    My local AD has had one in too.

Master
    Also saw one sitting in an AD last week. So maybe more than coincidence.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    These don’t seem to be too hard to get. Maybe a 6 month wait? Tried a mates one on and I have to say I loved it and I am far from a fan of Rolex.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Possible sign they are to be discontinued?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Possible sign they are to be discontinued?
    Is it normally like this i.e. last batch(es) trickle through to ADs just before they discontinue?

Someone recently posted a picture of one they picked up at Schiphol, after a long series of posts where people reported lack of SS models (apart from the usual suspects) there.

The new Pepsi in steel with Jubilee has been added to the regular section of the Rolex site, and the Batman on Oyster is still there

Last edited by Der Amf; 21st March 2018 at 12:10.

Banned

I already want this , what do you think guys ? 2 or 3 k over list to get one ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile appIMG_5305.JPG

Master
    What the heck is Oystersteel?

Are Rolex not using 904L anymore?

Also the Pepsi looks nice, but foe me, the Jubilee bracelet is too 'fancy' for a Professional Series watch, it looks a little out of place, it should have an Oyster link bracelet in Oystersteel, what ever that is?

Master
    What a gorgeous watch, especially on the Jubilee. Just gorgeous. Chances of getting one in the next few years.....probably close to nil, which is dispiriting.

Craftsman
    The blurb on Rolex website about the gmt says that the insert ranges from brown (a new colour for 2018), to black, GREEN(!), blue, chestnut brown and red.

Are they referring to the Hulk bezel or can we expect a two tone gmt bezel with Green color?!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    I already want this , what do you think guys ? 2 or 3 k over list to get one ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile appIMG_5305.JPG
    I saw them around for only couple of hundred over the list price, which is around EUR 8.000 I think.

Even on chrono24
    https://www.chrono24.de/rolex/gmt-ma...-id7267799.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be a lot of interest:

http://www.rolex.com

Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://www.rolex.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.e5b51002.1521635806.13971914

My colleague just called his dealer - they have had 40 calls re the new gmt so far and have stopped taking deposits. They are in Stratford upon Avon so no ideas how many the big boys have had. The list order is down to dealer choice - my colleague has bought 2 from them in the last year - deep sea and a blnr.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
    I enquired at a London dealer regarding a BLNR in mid January. I was told that they would look out for one but please be patient.
    Then today with all the Basel speculation regarding the gmt coke, I emailed them whether they could keep me in mind for the Coke if it is released (as well as the BLNR).
    The dealer phoned me up within 5 minutes to say he had a BLNR for me ready to collect today. So exciting to get the Batman quicker than I expected but it does seem a bit of a coincidence?
    It would be nice if the feeding frenzy for the Pepsi did free up BLNR supply. I took the decision to go on the list with a reputable indie rather than line the pockets of the big boys but the upshot has been a 15 month wait and no watch in sight. Luckily I was in no rush but it would be a pleasant surprise if it turned up shortly.

I'm wondering if I can bag a Pepsi by my 50th in 2021...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    The blurb on Rolex website about the gmt says that the insert ranges from brown (a new colour for 2018), to black, GREEN(!), blue, chestnut brown and red.

Are they referring to the Hulk bezel or can we expect a two tone gmt bezel with Green color?!
    Probably an error but possibly for use with the yellow gold, green dial model?

God damn that GMT is sweet, much prefer it on Jubilee, but chances of getting one? probably ZERO at list

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pjtj View Post
    My colleague just called his dealer - they have had 40 calls re the new gmt so far and have stopped taking deposits. They are in Stratford upon Avon so no ideas how many the big boys have had. The list order is down to dealer choice - my colleague has bought 2 from them in the last year - deep sea and a blnr.
    Pete
    I have spoken with the same AD and also got a Hulk & SubC ND from them a few months ago. I was asked to send an e-mail and a list of my watches and I would get a call back if I was to be put on the list, and be asked to leave a deposit

Just phoned John Pass...
    30th on the list

But no deposits, checks on previous purchases or inside leg measurements
    Last edited by John Wall; 21st March 2018 at 17:33.

I was in Goldsmiths a couple of weeks ago and asked about the possible steel Coke GMT. He stated that it wouldn't happen due to the affect on the white gold model. 20 minutes later I bought the LN model.