closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AlpinerX

Master
    Not had the email, but on the tracking page it is now asking me to pay £96 duty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctafield View Post
    Not had the email, but on the tracking page it is now asking me to pay £96 duty.
    Same here, just paid mine!

Ps give the payment authorisation screen plenty of time to update/process, I thought it wasn’t working but suddenly it gave me the authorisation number. I was about to give up and close the browser window!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    I agree, not the best approach. I only found that site with the specs this morning. Luckily, I like big watches, so 45 mil is perfect for me.

Didn't even think of the VAT implications, but I've already 'pledged' my money, so oh well.. what can you do?
    Yes had to GBP 91 in VAT on mine yesterday !

Blog Entries
    Mines going to be a catch and release. I like the watch and it does all the tricks stated like UV, compass, pressure, temp etc and is a good looking watch but doesn't really get me excited enough to keep it, guess im a mechanical watch + fitbit type of guy. Will be in sales shortly before off to fleabay

Master
    I'm not massively convinced mine has come with the strap i ordered tbh! :) Fortunately I went for the one with the extra strap so I'll swap it over to that. I could have swore I ordered the arpin strap but its come on the black carbon with green stitching. I think I changed my mind so many times leading up to the final confirmation that what I actually ordered is anyone's guess.

More worryingly though, it does seem to be a total write off with iOS 12. Notifications not working at all. I can't seem to create a cloud account either... Assuming they're fixed at some point, I am "OK" with the price I paid for it. There's no way I'd want to pay the £800 they're charging for them at retail.

Camping in a few weeks so it'll get a good test during that!

edit: Fiddled around and DO get notifications with iOS 12 now.
    Last edited by ctafield; 11th July 2018 at 20:14.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=ctafield;4822167]I'm not massively convinced mine has come with the strap i ordered tbh!

Ditto. ordered the black strap with orange stitching, received the blue one, still its not that different.

Master
    Mine arrived this morning, black case, blue hands, silver bezel and black rubber on stainless steel deployant.

I’m quite impressed so far, seems to be well built and not noticed any minute hand float.

It is quite a large watch, it would fit a lot more people if it was a few mm smaller, but it fits with the ‘outdoors watch’ brief I suppose.

It reminds me a little of a cross between an Aerospace and an Emergency, with a hint of Suunto.

Just my arty shot of it on the arm of the sofa, very outdoors eh!

Alpina AlpinerX by iaintookey, on Flickr

Master
    Nice! I like that silver bezel.

Here's a picture of mine with the black case, green inner ring, black bezel... on the strap I am sure I never ordered... oh showing a cheeky email notification from TZ :)

Its definitely right at the upper size limit for watches I'd go for. I think they're 45mm?

Master
    Yeah, 45mm, but I think they could have got away with 42mm even allowing for the movement screen size.

I hadn’t realised the dark bezels had lumed markings, the silver one doesn’t. I got a spare strap, a grey arpin one, although doubt I’ll ever stick it on!

Master
    It was a grey aprin that I actually ordered!!! :) I went with an extra black rubber strap too - but ditto to you really, I am not sure I can bring myself to cut it to size, so doubt it'll get worn.

Mine also arrived today but has gone back in the box while I have a think about things.
    I like it and it's fun playing with the app and all the 'stuff' but I reckon it's only going to work for me if I wear it every day (and night) to get the fitness and sleep info.
    I also think I have an extra strap - there is no orange on mine and I don't like rubber straps but it came with an extra orange rubber strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctafield View Post
    It was a grey aprin that I actually ordered!!! :) I went with an extra black rubber strap too - but ditto to you really, I am not sure I can bring myself to cut it to size, so doubt it'll get worn.
    You’re welcome to my spare strap, I won’t use it?

Pet hate of mine. We all eventually bore of our watches and having to butcher the OEM strap to get a fit is a Nono for me. I have really quite thin wrists and doing so means I pretty much can never sell it on if I ever have to.