Hello Gents, I wonder if you can help...

Until joining this forum very recently I knew next to nothing about watches.
Now I have a rapidly growing fascination/obsession...

As a teenager, my father kindly offered me a watch for life.
Having looked in a handful of London shop windows, I chose a stainless steel white face Rolex Daytona. Completely oblivious to the esteem with which it is held in watch circles.
I am now staggered to learn that it has likely tripled in value whilst sitting on my wrist for 20 or so years. It is my daily wearer and for much of my ownership it has been my only watch.

I am also very lucky in that i have recently married, and now have two sons aged 1 and 2. With another baby due this summer.

I will never sell the Daytona for sentimental reasons. So in a way it's frankly silly current monetary value is irrelevant.
It will be given to my first born son when I eventually shuffle off.

I now intend to use no. 2 son as a flimsy excuse to treat myself to another nice watch. To hand down of course!

Not only would I like something that is different, and therefore compliments, the daytona. (Tried on an Omega DSOTM today, which I liked very much).
I was wondering if any brands, and models in particular, are likely to increase in value over time, along the lines of my daytona?

It was the simplicity of the Rolex chronograph that initially attracted me over the complexity of equivalent Breitlings etc.
Now it seems to be Omega and IWC chronographs that I find myself being drawn towards.

I do not expect to inadvertently hit the jackpot again. As I seem to have with my Rolex, but am I correct in assuming that my long term investment would be safest with a limited edition model?
Or is there an obvious choice out there, unknown to me?

Any advice humbly and gratefully received. By myself and No.2 one day.