closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bathroom suppliers

Craftsman

Bathroom suppliers

Hello all. Me and the wife have recently moved home. Were looking to convert a small bedroom that is next to the bathroom into an en suite. We will also be replacing the 70's bathroom and downstairs toilet.
    I've been looking on various sites. Such as Victoria plum. Strangely there is also a site called Victoria plumbing.

Does anyone have any good/bad feedback of bathroom retailers. I have an independent fitter lined up. I will be giving him a call for some insight on this.
    I do appreciate and welcome any advice from you all.

Mark

Blog Entries
    I have recently had two bathrooms refitted, and my plumber told me to go to ACBathrooms Ltd. They have quite a range of lines from different producers, and have been good. I went to their Sheffield Depot and quoted my plumbers name. They gave me a good discount (about 30% on retail), and delivered in the house. I paid by card and was given a receipt with VAT etc
    All together quite happy, and being a supplier with a Sheffield Depot helped for a quick replacement of a tap (they had delivered the wrong type).

I use James Hargreaves for bathrooms, much better quality than Victoria Plumb, the guy who does my bathroom jobs said the amount of times he’s went to a job and the customer has bought from there and he’s had issues with the quality of the stuff is very high.
    Last edited by Martylaa; 13th March 2018 at 08:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bath store.com have always been great with me, price wise and service

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just finished one of our places and used Victoria plum for products, I wouldn't use them again.

mike

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used STC. I'm not sure if they're nationwide though, (I'm based in Middlesex). In terms of range, we went for Tavistock. Happy with the quality.

Master
    In the last couple of weeks we’ve had a decent amount of kit delivered by heatandplumb.com

Couldn’t fault their service. Kept up to date with delivery, we nominated a certain day for delivery and everything turned up via numerous couriers and delivery companies.

They seemed competitive on price and we’d use them again if needed.

Craftsman
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to give Victoria plum a wide berth.

Mark

A word of warning, avoid Better Bathrooms, they should be called Shower of Shit. Their customer service is a disgrace, they're a bunch of con merchants shifting poor quality products with no come-back.

After a terrible experience with the above I'd recommend branded goods, from manufactures such as Hansgrohe, Grohe, Ideal Standard, Villeroy & Boch etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    A word of warning, avoid Better Bathrooms, they should be called Shower of Shit. Their customer service is a disgrace, they're a bunch of con merchants shifting poor quality products with no come-back.

After a terrible experience with the above I'd recommend branded goods, from manufactures such as Hansgrohe, Grohe, Ideal Standard, Villeroy & Boch etc.
    I would avoid them also, they charge a premium for their goods but it's just cheap Chinese tat.

Some quality is awful.

I was recommended them by someone but won't be using them again.

Probably paid 40% over what I could have because I thought it would be decent quality

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just had my main bathroom refitted from Bathstore ... no complaints here, good prices and quality products ... although their fitting service would have been over 50% more expensive than the fitter I had to do the job

I'd recommend Bathstore

www.ukbathrooms.com have always been great for me.

Generally I get a kit list, pice from their site, cheapest from elsewhere and they have always matched it.

I had a problem with a VB toilet and it was replaced without issue. Great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used Victoria Plumb a couple of times for the house extension stuff - good prices, decent stuff and good customer service,
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

If you fancy a trip over Leicester way (not too far from Birmingham), these guys are great - we had them supply all our kit for our en suite last year and used an independent installer.

Ask for Russ and tell him Andy Sykes sent you

http://designerbathroomsleicester.com

Cheers
    Andy

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    We used Victoria Plumb a couple of times for the house extension stuff - good prices, decent stuff and good customer service,

What he said!

Currently in the process of redoing the downstairs cloak room and decided to buy all the materials myself and then get someone to fit it.

Rimless Toilet - Laufen
    Sink - Laufen
    Toilet Frame and Cisten - Grohe
    Tap - Grohe
    Flooring - Amtico

All purchased new from e-bay.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Currently in the process of redoing the downstairs cloak room and decided to buy all the materials myself and then get someone to fit it.

Rimless Toilet - Laufen
    Sink - Laufen
    Tap - Grohe
    Flooring - Amtico

That's not a bad shout to be fair, i've got a fair idea of what we like so will have a scour on ebay.

I still feel like a local indy may be the way forward, work is 100 mph at the moment so it wont be before the weekend that I get a chance to have a drive around.

Interesting to hear not everyone has had poor service from VP. I'm putting a couple of designs together so will update the thread for you to judge :-)

Thanks again people

Craftsman
    I would avoid Victoria plumb. I used them recently and the quality was poor, mostly due to being smashed to bits in transport. They might refund but it cost me time and a plumber unable to complete the job.
    Never again.

Master
    Porcelanosa are excellent. They have 2 sales a year where everything has 40% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I use City plumbing for alot of my bathroom materials.

Unless it’s a well known brand name everything is just cheap Chinese copies of the brands that the different companies buy in and sell, so no brand name no quality

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

Rimless Toilet - Laufen
    Sink - Laufen
    Tap - Grohe
    Flooring - Amtico

How're you getting on with the Rimless toilet? I like the idea - wondering how well it actually works...

Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    How're you getting on with the Rimless toilet? I like the idea - wondering how well it actually works...

Its not fitted yet, but in addition to being rimless also has a special "non-stick" coating. It works using some sort of centrifugal action. The water shots out one side of the pan and effectively corkscrews round the bowl. I have seen some with lots of small holes in the rim but this one doesn't.

What I was told was that you need to position the cistern slightly higher that the rim inorder to get it work effectivity. Hence the Grohe cistern. One other thing with the Grohe cistern is that the flush buttons are on a hinged panel, which can be opened an a standard bleach tablet inserted. Very clever and should make it pretty much self cleaning.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I’d go for brands and buy from whoever sells it at the best price.
    We went to a local company (I think) William Wilson, they priced our bathroom at 16k, that was with a really good discount.
    My wife went online and got exact same bathroom for 6k delivered to the highlands.
    Roca and Grohe fittings was what we went for.

Craftsman
    wow, that's quite a serious saving. You must have a mighty impressive bathroom.

It was in my old house, I loved it, travertine tiles floor and walls, we took it right back to bare walls and did our own thing, House was built in late 1800’s, sadly I now live in a new build.
    If you can do a bit of research and have the time/inclination to do it, it should be worth it, we did it a lot when renovating.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app