timefactors watches

Thread: First foray into "Street"

First foray into "Street"

So, inspired by a couple of guys I follow on IG, I decided to get out and shoot some street images - something I always thought I would get into and then never did!

Will update the thread as I get the images processed, but here's the first of what I hope will be a mini series...

Let me know what you think.

Master
    I like the colours and the depth of field you've used. I enjoy street photography but one of the biggest issues I have to get over is taking photographs of people without permission. The feeling of guilt when they see you or catch your eye as you're snapping away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    I like the colours and the depth of field you've used. I enjoy street photography but one of the biggest issues I have to get over is taking photographs of people without permission. The feeling of guilt when they see you or catch your eye as you're snapping away.
    That first guy did catch my eye - he pulled a few funny poses after he "caught me" taking the first image! I'm sure a few other people noticed me too, but I just walked away or pretended like I was photographing something else and tat they just happened to be in the way!

I was going to suggest you read the free ebooks put out by Thomas Leuthard, but it seems he's quit photogtraphy and the books are no longer out there. It's a shame as he was talented and the books were very instructive. However, "Street Photography For The Purist" by Chris Weeks is worth a look, and there's lots of other interesting stuff online too, including lots of Leuthards images. I like your first image.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I was going to suggest you read the free ebooks put out by Thomas Leuthard, but it seems he's quit photogtraphy and the books are no longer out there. It's a shame as he was talented and the books were very instructive. However, "Street Photography For The Purist" by Chris Weeks is worth a look, and there's lots of other interesting stuff online too, including lots of Leuthards images. I like your first image.
    I've read Thomas book (I have a copy somewhere) - interesting to hear he's called it a day. I'll check out the other link you posted, cheers.

There's some really good guys on IG that I follow, who have been the inspiration for this little side project.