closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ken Dodd Has Departed

Ken Dodd Has Departed

First act - long. Second act - even longer. Sadly the curtain has come down for the final time, but what a performance.

"What a beautiful day for sticking a cucumber through the vicar's letterbox and shouting 'The Martians have landed!'"

Master
    Such a nice and funny man. Sad to see him go.

RIP Doddy a true legend

Master
    Blog Entries
    RIP Ken you were the best

Saw him a few years back... amazing repertoire of jokes, till 1.00am too! Last of a line of comedians who were skilled at their craft, honed over the decades.
    RIP Doddy.

My mum took us to see him in the early 80s at a small venue when were quite young, probably the first ‘star’ i saw. Great night, great warmth in the room. Some of his material was quite surreal know wonder he was an influence on the Beatles. Top guy!

What a shame, true legend. The man had funny bones.

RIP Doddy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    R.I.P Doddy,you have given me many a laugh over the years.

Blog Entries

Ken Dodd Has Departed

Very sorry to hear this about Doddy. I attended a couple of his shows in the last couple of years at the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic hall. I didn’t last past midnight! He was going strong from the outset banging his drum all night . Another homegrown legend gone from my hometown

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 12th March 2018 at 20:47.

A true great. RIP, head Sausage Knotter.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Saw him a few times at Blackpool and he was the greatest.

Also a great singer which is often overlooked.

RIP Sir Ken Dodd

Master
    King of Comedy and a gentleman in every sense of the word. A true showbiz story of poor boy makes good. A fantastic entertainer who learnt his craft not at Oxford or Cambridge but on stages up and down the country. A couple of years ago he turned up unannounced at the funeral of the mother of a friend of mine. The deceased had nursed Kens sister and ken paid his respects and said a few words of how he remembered the care shown to his sister in her last days by the this lady. he had seen the death notice in the paper and remembered my friends mother.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    King of Comedy and a gentleman in every sense of the word. A true showbiz story of poor boy makes good. A fantastic entertainer who learnt his craft not at Oxford or Cambridge but on stages up and down the country. A couple of years ago he turned up unannounced at the funeral of the mother of a friend of mine. The deceased had nursed Kens sister and ken paid his respects and said a few words of how he remembered the care shown to his sister in her last days by the this lady. he had seen the death notice in the paper and remembered my friends mother.
    Great story - As with those that came out about George Michael's secret generosity to ordinary people, this says more about him that the hundreds of 'celeb' eulogies will.

I'll be honest, he was never really my cup of tea, but I've never heard a bad word said against him by anyone who met him or saw him perform, so RIP Ken!

M

Funny funny guy...remember seeing him years ago at Blackpool and the amazing stream of wit was just incredible.....had everyone crying with laughter.

Legend RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post

"What a beautiful day for sticking a cucumber through the vicar's letterbox and shouting 'The Martians have landed!'"
    That was my favourite. Another I liked was 'Innuendo - that's Italian for suppository'.

Will be sadly missed.

Very sad news with the death of a true comedy legend.

At a show in Blackpool ,now remember he's been on since 8;30p.m and it's now about 11;45p.m.
    Some of the audience get up to leave and catch their bus home ,
    Doddy " Oh! so your not staying for the second half then?
    Priceless, R.I.P. funny man.

Blog Entries
    Saw his act a few years back. Didn't think we'd get out before breakfast. His jokes might have been old but he could squeeze a laugh every time.
    Great comedian, failed accountant.

Craftsman
    Doddie had the last laugh with the HMRC, he got married last week to his partner Ann Jones. Registrar conducted the service at his home, that must have saved Lady Dodd a few million in Inheritance Tax!

Master
    A true gentleman every time I’ve met him and hilariously funny, took my mum to see him at Christmas and although obvious he wasn’t well he still put on a great show and followed tradition of going and gong long after he should have finished.

Grand Master
    ‘Ken Dodd died last night'

‘Did He?'

‘No Doddy'
    RIAC

I traded letters with Sir Ken last summer - a true gent and so generous with his time.

He told me of a quote he had been told by a friend, which had inspired him, and he had framed and hung on his wall.

"The man who never made a mistake, never made anything"

RIP, Sir Ken.

Foggy

Ken Dodd Has Departed

I grew up a few hundred yards from Doddy’s lifelong house, but never saw him once!

Remember playing on his land where he had trucks and containers as part of a family business. My Dad worked for the family as an Aunt Sally man, which apparently is someone who sells soap.

Amazing that he has lived in the same modest house in a very modest area of Liverpool for so long, as there are much nicer areas.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    I traded letters with Sir Ken last summer - a true gent and so generous with his time.

He told me of a quote he had been told by a friend, which had inspired him, and he had framed and hung on his wall.

"The man who never made a mistake, never made anything"

RIP, Sir Ken.

Foggy
    What a lovely quote. My piano teachers father worked in the entertainment industry with many well known entertainers including Ken Dodd. I remember my piano teacher telling me what a nice letter Ken had written to him on hearing of his father's passing.

One of my favourite Ken Dodd lines was:

"The trouble with Freud is that he never played the Glasgow Empire on a Saturday night after Rangers and Celtic had both lost.”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Doddie had the last laugh with the HMRC, he got married last week to his partner Ann Jones. Registrar conducted the service at his home, that must have saved Lady Dodd a few million in Inheritance Tax!
    Was thinking that the IR might send flowers with a card reading 'Gone, but not forgotten'.

RIP Doddy!

RIP Ken, a great man and a gentleman.

Master
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ZBSAo-8Rc Mr Kenneth Dodd :-

This makes me grin

Cheers

Nigel