closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronext.com - A short review - Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich

Apprentice

Chronext.com - A short review - Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich

Hi all,

This is my first post as I wanted to share my experience with Chronext.com.

Short summary: Are they legit? Yes. Is their service ok for what they are? Absolutely. Are they are bit slow? Very. Could they improve on their customer service? 100%

1st Act: Wrong order on my side
    After thorough contemplation I decided to buy a Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich and found the best price on Chronext.com which got even better as I found a £100 voucher online on top of everything. So I put the order in on the 6th of Jan and paid via Credit card. Unfortunately, I managed to put the order in against the .005 which is the Hesalite/Solid case back version. I realised my mistake immediately, like in the same exact moment, and put in a cancellation. I also called them up on the next day as it was already night and they confirmed the cancellation. Overall it took 7 working days, 16th Jan, to return the funds to me.

2nd Act: Wrong delivery
    Once the money was returned to me on the 16th Jan, I immediately put an updated order in for the .006, the Sapphire sandwich version. On the website they said 2 weeks delivery time. So I waited. I gave them a nudge on the 22nd to ask for a status update via email and they answered on the 25th Jan stating that the delivery time was going to be 4 weeks. Fine I thought and kept waiting. On the 30th Jan they informed me that the watch was still expected to be with them by mid Feb. On the 6th Feb they re-confirmed mid of Feb again, so I can’t fault them for frequent communication here. On the 16th Feb they informed me that the watch was at their London store ready for pick up. As I literally work around the corner I agreed a pickup date with them following Monday 19th Feb.

I went to the store in anticipation but was disappointed as the store clerk instantly informed me that they made a mistake and the .005 was delivered instead of the .006. Apparently this happened as they booked in the .005 as .006 and shipped it over and nobody double checked. Bummer. I was offered a bottle of Champagne which was appreciated but they couldn’t commit to a new delivery date yet.

I followed up on email the same day and they said they would sort it out and would come back to me. I followed up on the 22nd Feb again and they confirmed at the same day that the .006 was in the London shop to be picked up.

3rd Act: Unqualified personnel
    I went to the shop on the 22nd Feb and this time they had the right watch. I was excited. The bracelet needed to be shortened by removing 2 links which the store clerk offered to do. Everything was fine and I left the shop fairly satisfied. At home though, I had time to investigate a bit more thoroughly and to my disappointment I noticed that the store clerk messed up the screws. I was happy that he didn’t mess up the bracelet as well to be honest. So I took some pictures and wrote Chronext again on the 23rd Feb. They literally only came back on the 6th of March, nearly 2 weeks later. No apology, nothing. Just stating that they have new screws and if I liked, I could pop into the shop and change the screws. I told them, that I rather do it myself at that point and would be happy to pick up asap. No answer so far. Not until now. I am sure they will come back. Question is only when.

Overall, I can say that the experience wasn’t great but it also wasn’t a train crash either. Everyone was kinda nice but they are slow. That is a fact. That might be due to their margins and as a result being understaffed. I did save a lot of money though compared to any other online shop as I paid £3200, that’s £1000 under retail and probably £400 compared to other online outlets. Was it worth it? I would say yes, as I wasn’t in a hurry and I knew that it would take some time. In the end it took nearly 2 months to get my watch, partly due to my own mistake, partly due to their processes.

I have attached some pics of the watch as well as a couple of pictures of the messed up screws.

Enjoy!

Best,
    MT

Here are a couple of shots of the actual watch which is just awesome to be fair:

Last edited by MTran; 8th March 2018 at 22:36.

Master
    Good summary of dealing with Chronext I think. They can be slow, but get there in the end and the prices are keen.

Now show us a picture of the whole watch - not just the bracelet :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I messed up the screw heads on a Speedy, Omega replaced them whilst doing a warranty repair. I would like a Saphire Speedy Pro with a moonphase. Not sure I would get one through Chronext though.

Master
    Interesting to read this thanks, and glad it all worked out, definitely need more pictures of the actual watch.
    After much deliberation, and reading many reviews on here, I've taken the plunge and ordered via Chronext for the first time. So far the process has been pretty good, communication via email was also good (and pretty fast) and within 48 hours of placing the order I have an expected delivery date (about 2 weeks time as indicated on their site). So far so good, hopefully it turns up as expected! No bracelet to adjust either which sounds like a good thing!

Chronext.com - A short review - Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich

Yes their service leaves a bit to be desired but they sort of make it happen in the end.

My experience with them was on the sell side, and they are slow on that too.

What makes me smile every time is their claim that: “It is of utmost importance to us, that your experience with us is perfect.” In each and every email...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I also think they are genuine, but I can confirm "slow".

I visited their London boutique a while ago to ask them if they could find me a GO Sport Evo Pano (39 42 43 03 04). The gentlemen earnestly noted my requirement and assured me that I would receive an email "shortly" outlining their possibilities.

Luckily, I subsequently bought one at the end of November last year on this forum -- because I still haven't had the Chronext email!

“It is of utmost importance to us, that your experience with us is perfect.”

Ha! Yes that always makes me cringe because my experience with them has been far from perfect.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Good summary of dealing with Chronext I think. They can be slow, but get there in the end and the prices are keen.

Just updated the main thread :)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post

Have attached to the bottom of the main thread. Please let me know if it worked.

Thanks,
    MT