closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone able to mod me a Seiko

Master

Anyone able to mod me a Seiko

Ive seen quite a few of these modded SKX’s on Pinterest. I’m fancying the modded bezel and ceramic insert and the domed purple hue crystal. Is there anyone on here that can do the job and an idea on price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks stunning. I'd also be interested in knowing.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    Ive seen quite a few of these modded SKX’s on Pinterest. I’m fancying the modded bezel and ceramic insert and the domed purple hue crystal. Is there anyone on here that can do the job and an idea on price

Did you ever get a reply to this? That mod in your picture is beautiful, I really like some of the SNK809 mods as well.

Master
    I’m just chatting with a guy on here who has volunteered his services.

Apprentice
    I’ve just had a SKX009 modded by Tunokies on Facebook (Jason is his real name) I would highly recommend his work. He’s a real enthusiast, can help with sourcing parts directly to him and will even tell you if what you’ve picked will work together. Also offers movement changes including hacking function, etc.

Look him up on Facebook. I’ll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, it’s the one taken underneath a helicopter 😎

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jenksruss View Post
    I’ve just had a SKX009 modded by Tunokies on Facebook (Jason is his real name) I would highly recommend his work. He’s a real enthusiast, can help with sourcing parts directly to him and will even tell you if what you’ve picked will work together. Also offers movement changes including hacking function, etc.

Look him up on Facebook. I’ll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, it’s the one taken underneath a helicopter
    What did you have done and what was the price?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I had the watch already but didn’t like the chrome looking stainless steel so decided to change quite a bit actually for asthetic reasons and to be more useful at work too. Jason also talked me into the hacking movement which again makes total sense for work.

In the end I changed the movement, crown, sapphire crystal, chapter ring, bezel insert, bezel and hour/minute hands (kept the seconds hand) Very nearly the complete watch I know but as it was a milestone birthday present I wanted to keep some of it.

Oh, he tested it on a new strap too so I bought that as it looked so good in the photos he sent.

£350 all in with parts (which Jason ordered from 4 different retailers), labour and pressure testing.

Craftsman
    I had the watch already but didn’t like the chrome looking stainless steel so decided to change quite a bit actually for asthetic reasons and to be more useful at work too. Jason also talked me into the hacking movement which again makes total sense for work.

In the end I changed the movement, crown, sapphire crystal, chapter ring, bezel insert, bezel and hour/minute hands (kept the seconds hand) Very nearly the complete watch I know but as it was a milestone birthday present I wanted to keep some of it.

Oh, he tested it on a new strap too so I bought that as it looked so good in the photos he sent.

£350 all in with parts (which Jason ordered from 4 different retailers), labour and pressure testing.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to pictures!

Apprentice

Last edited by jenksruss; 16th April 2018 at 17:21.

^ Cool watch, cool pics and cool job swinging about under a helo

Very nice mod and love the shots ! Perhaps one of the best I’ve seen in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Thanks, that means a lot coming from this forum. I love it, it's always a gamble ordering from a parts site online but came together better than planned. I wear it for everything, work, surfing and everyday use.

Just getting back to the thread...I can't recommend Tunokies enough, great guy, clearly loves what he does and his work speaks for itself. Great list of suppliers on his Facebook page too, you'll just need to scroll down for a while:

www.facebook.com/tunokies/

I found him here, among lots of other approved modders, while looking for parts on the DLW site:

https://www.dlwwatches.com/pages/con...ation-services

I found my lumed bezel insert here:

https://lcbistore.com/

Apprentice
    That's really nice!

I'm currently in discussion with Jason about a black/gold FFF. Will post up some pics when I finally get it

Master

Look him up on Facebook. I’ll try and post photos of his work later, or indeed his page has loads of previous work. Look out for mine, it’s the one taken underneath a helicopter 
    Just picked up on this. I will look him up.thanks

Just had a new Turtle SRP775K1 modified. Wanted a coin edge bezel, double domed sapphire and ceramic insert fitted.

Watchmaker's feedback said it passed pressure test to 11bar. Also checked movement on his timegrapher. Said it was running great. Well within specs and has good low beat error and high amplitude.

These images are from the watchmakers report.

No affiliation and I wouldn't normally say much, but I was so impressed I wanted to give credit to Paul's fantastic service. Brilliant communication and fast turnaround. After several quotes it was also a great price.

Highly recommended Paul McDonald at Tempus Watch Mods

tempuswatchmods@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/TempusWatchMods/

I had great experience buying from Rob (Robokies or monsterwatches) from Netherlands, I heard he is a great modder as well. Also have one new SKX sub mod with ceramic insert, etc that I am selling through other forums (still new here)

Regards

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aerokit View Post
    That's really nice!

I'm currently in discussion with Jason about a black/gold FFF. Will post up some pics when I finally get it
    Did you do this?

I've got a silver/black one and have bought the mod parts to do a blue one again (now a more appropriate bezel insert is available), but I've always fancied doing a gold one too!

Doing the mods yourself isn't hard, you just need a steady hand, good magnification, some basic tools (from eBay is enough - unless you're planning to mod a GS! ) and patience.

It's very rewarding, too!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 5th July 2018 at 10:45.

Did you manage to find someone or did you learn by yourself?

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain View Post
    Just had a new Turtle SRP775K1 modified. Wanted a coin edge bezel, double domed sapphire and ceramic insert fitted.

Watchmaker's feedback said it passed pressure test to 11bar. Also checked movement on his timegrapher. Said it was running great. Well within specs and has good low beat error and high amplitude.

These images are from the watchmakers report.

No affiliation and I wouldn't normally say much, but I was so impressed I wanted to give credit to Paul's fantastic service. Brilliant communication and fast turnaround. After several quotes it was also a great price.

Highly recommended Paul McDonald at Tempus Watch Mods

tempuswatchmods@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/TempusWatchMods/

love the look of that , what was the labour charge for all this work ? ( if you done mind me asking)